Pregnancy #60

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just thought I’d update that I’ve deffo been feeling movements 🙌🏼

I was wondering does anyone have some easy exercises to recommend or videos to follow?
I was only thinking about you earlier. Delighted for you 😊

what sort of exercises? To target a specific area or just general?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@raspberryjuice and @ellieb123_xo Awh that’s so lovely that you were thinking of me and baby I really appreciate that 🩷

No I didn’t get checked up in the end I waited for a phone call from a midwife for a couple hours and by the time she rung I had felt her move and they explained about the movements so my mind was put at ease and today she’s been moving around a lot and my family have been able to feel it 🥰

Any exercises tbh, I do want to start really focusing on some pelvic exercises and ones that will help for labour xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@raspberryjuice and @ellieb123_xo Awh that’s so lovely that you were thinking of me and baby I really appreciate that 🩷

No I didn’t get checked up in the end I waited for a phone call from a midwife for a couple hours and by the time she rung I had felt her move and they explained about the movements so my mind was put at ease and today she’s been moving around a lot and my family have been able to feel it 🥰

Any exercises tbh, I do want to start really focusing on some pelvic exercises and ones that will help for labour xx
I was recommended this one .
Does your hospital have any on their website?
could see is there a prenatal yoga class in your area

• Heart
I know it’s completely normal to not feel anything at 17 weeks but I can’t wait to feel something so I know everything is ok in there. Feel like you’re left in complete limbo from the 12 week scan to the 20 week scan. They definitely need to offer something in the middle it’s such a long time when you’re anxious!
The chance of Missed miscarriage is fortunatly so low, it’s not worth it for them but if you are having a seriously hard time with anxiety he midwife might be able to do something. Maybe the Doppler or hand held ultrasound.

The chance of any kind of loss between 13-20 weeks is about 2-3% reducing each week. That % includes those that are inevitable due to known problems, trauma, drug abuse etc so for it to be spontaneous and missed is such a small chance.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I know there are a few coca cola fans in this thread so I thought I'd let you know that 24 can packs of soft drinks are currently 3 for £21 at Iceland. And if there isn't an Iceland near you Asda have them at 3 for £24, including the caffeine free types.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We've got a booking to view/tour the hospital I'm going to be delivering baby in, in a bit. Who knew that back when I booked it that it would end up clashing with England playing. Oops. Has anyone ever done one of these things? Is it like a guided tour you have to stick to or can you make it as quick as you want?!
At the moment I'm not worried at all about giving birth but I'm scared I might hear things that will totally change that 😬

Do I need to get a birthing ball??

I’ve started drinking raspberry leaf tea, will be adding dates in a few weeks but I haven’t heard anything about birthing balls, feel like they were all the rage a few years ago.

I’ve started drinking raspberry leaf tea, will be adding dates in a few weeks but I haven’t heard anything about birthing balls, feel like they were all the rage a few years ago.
How are you finding the tea? I’m so picky about hot drinks, like I hate all of these fancy teas. I’ve seen loads of tik tok recipes to make it into an iced lemonade etc though so gonna try it that way. Failing that, there’s capsules too

How are you finding the tea? I’m so picky about hot drinks, like I hate all of these fancy teas. I’ve seen loads of tik tok recipes to make it into an iced lemonade etc though so gonna try it that way. Failing that, there’s capsules too
I’ve bought the hottea mama one which has peppermint in so I think it must take the edge off the raspberry leaf as it tastes “fine”, like it’s not delicious but I can force down any herbal tea if I think it will make me skinny/beautiful/give birth faster 🤣🤣🤣

I really want to try making it into an iced drink, that seems a lot more appealing than a hot drink!

I swear by a birthing ball but who knows, everyone is different! With my first I was up all night, couldn’t sleep so I spent hours sitting on the ball binge watching stuff. I had a nice quick, easy labour with no issues so I’m convinced it helped me get ready but you never know. I never tried anything else to bring labour on. I haven’t been on the ball as much this time because my sleep seems to be better so far but I try to have some time on it every night.
---
I know there are a few coca cola fans in this thread so I thought I'd let you know that 24 can packs of soft drinks are currently 3 for £21 at Iceland. And if there isn't an Iceland near you Asda have them at 3 for £24, including the caffeine free types.
Great news for my glucose test this week. Full fat Coke is my weakness 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Tried on my new maternity dresses I ordered and I have truly been humbled, disgusted, traumatised 😂

I’m hoping I get a nicer bump later on so I can start getting away with more bodycon/ tighter fitting dresses but for now it’s back to the post office/ in post lockers to return 95% 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Just wondering if anyone’s got a recommendation for a back support, I’m on my feet all day working and it’s my upper back that’s absolutely killing me. Baby seems to be so low down and still transverse 30 weeks tomorrow, it’s like my whole upper body is compensating for the added weight. Totally different to the first time round! At least I can breathe with ease at the moment 😅

Love the part of pregnancy where everyone decides you can be the designated taxi driver because you’re not drinking so of course you don’t mind 🙃 l o v e it

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I've been booked in for a maternity anaesthetic assessment to meet an anaesthetist and ask any questions I may have re epidurals/spinals/GA. I suspect this is because of my BMI.

Just wondering if there is anything people think is worth asking in particular?

Just wondering if anyone’s got a recommendation for a back support, I’m on my feet all day working and it’s my upper back that’s absolutely killing me. Baby seems to be so low down and still transverse 30 weeks tomorrow, it’s like my whole upper body is compensating for the added weight. Totally different to the first time round! At least I can breathe with ease at the moment 😅
The back support I’ve got and most of the ones on Amazon only really support/help your lower back :( might still be worth trying in case helping your lower back takes some tension off the upper. I’m the same though, my upper back KILLS. I had a massage on Thursday and it’s wore off now so I’m back to square one