Pregnancy #60

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still can’t figure out the baby storage situation. We’re not doing a nursery because we don’t plan on living here long. I was going to put a chest of drawers with the baby’s things in the hall right outside our bedroom with a changing station on top. But my partner wants to put the chest of drawers in the bedroom and get an actual changing table for the hall because he doesn’t like the idea of not having a sturdy changing table.

I just don’t want the extra furniture 😂
I used to really want a proper changing table but really I think they’re pointless now. We’re doing the Ikea Hemnes drawers with a changing mat. There’s a lot more longevity this way

Reactions: 5
I used to really want a proper changing table but really I think they’re pointless now. We’re doing the Ikea Hemnes drawers with a changing mat. There’s a lot more longevity this way
I second this. This is what we done last time and will be doing this time again. Changing tables are so expensive and then useless in a years time! I think I used the floor more often especially after around 6 months.

Reactions: 1
very late 2 week later thank you for the congrats! been super hard having a newborn alone, never thought it would be this hard she never sleeps just constantly breastfeeding then she has reflux having to keep her upright for 30 mins then the cycle repeats eat, sit up, change gets fussy feeds sits up etc etc
feels really hard right now can someone tell me it gets better lol😴
It definitely gets better 😊
---
Utterly pointless. Ours came as part of our nursery set but 7.5 weeks in and the changing mat on the changing table still has the plastic wrapping on. I don’t think I’ve even taken him in that room.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I still can’t figure out the baby storage situation. We’re not doing a nursery because we don’t plan on living here long. I was going to put a chest of drawers with the baby’s things in the hall right outside our bedroom with a changing station on top. But my partner wants to put the chest of drawers in the bedroom and get an actual changing table for the hall because he doesn’t like the idea of not having a sturdy changing table.

I just don’t want the extra furniture 😂
We don’t have a nursery either as we are going to be moving when the baby is about 5/6 months old! We have a wardrobe in our room which we was kindly given for free that has all her stuff in and is next to our bed, so we decided to get rid of our bedside tables and just get a small chest of drawers for the other side of the bed. I wouldn’t bother with a changing table, a lot of people say they don’t really use them!

I’m sure we’ve all been there but I’m now at that stage where I’m getting comments on my bump is too small or ‘are you sure it’s not twins’
Why 🤣😩

I’m sure we’ve all been there but I’m now at that stage where I’m getting comments on my bump is too small or ‘are you sure it’s not twins’
Why 🤣😩
I never know why people feel it’s ok to comment on bump size, just keep your opinion to yourself!

Although when I say I’m 18w and people ask if it’s twins I’m like “yeah it is” 😂
---
Why 🤣😩
I never know why people feel it’s ok to comment on bump size, just keep your opinion to yourself!

Although when I say I’m 18w and people ask if it’s twins I’m like “yeah it is” 😂

• Haha

---

🤣🤣🤣 I love this

Yes! I had regular palpitations and chest pain! Took myself to A&E and luckily everything was ok, just another weird pregnancy symptom! Mine started around 20-22 weeks
Talked to a midwife and she reassured me it was okay. I have just had them a lot the last two days.

We never had a change table first tine, just a caddy and a place for the mat. Worked no problem. I have one this time simply as it’s tall compact storage for our room to avoid having to go into oldest’s where the wardrobe is but I’ve not used it as a change table once yet.

very late 2 week later thank you for the congrats! been super hard having a newborn alone, never thought it would be this hard she never sleeps just constantly breastfeeding then she has reflux having to keep her upright for 30 mins then the cycle repeats eat, sit up, change gets fussy feeds sits up etc etc
feels really hard right now can someone tell me it gets better lol😴
Oh lovely. It sounds like you’re doing brilliant job of keeping her comfy as possible 🩷
It really will get easier once she’s past the cluster feeding stage. Do you have a bouncer or are you holding her upright?
Have you seen the doctor for omeprazole or other reflux meds?

Does she struggle to pass gas/burp well? Extra burping can help reflux. We found the bum jiggle and straightening out while sitting up then moving their body in circles tilting side to side to be effective, different methods do well for different babies so try lots to find what works best for you.

The ‘tiger in the tree hold’ helped settle sometimes too.

We didn’t have severe reflux, more generally colicy. They suggested CMPA so I cut out dairy and soy. It wasn’t that in our case but it’s another option to look at.

Don’t forget, if you’re signed off from the midwife, the health visitor can provide support and advice. Being a first time mum you can’t possibly know everything, even second time and more, you don’t know things until someone tells you. They can be a sounding board or have ideas you’d not know about.
If you’re struggling mental health wise speak to your doctor sooner rather than later. Many will get better and it will be less intense as her digestive system develops but if you don’t find yourself feeling better, please speak to someone.

Don’t forget you can put her down safely and walk away for a few minutes when you need to.

• Heart
We don’t have a nursery either as we are going to be moving when the baby is about 5/6 months old! We have a wardrobe in our room which we was kindly given for free that has all her stuff in and is next to our bed, so we decided to get rid of our bedside tables and just get a small chest of drawers for the other side of the bed. I wouldn’t bother with a changing table, a lot of people say they don’t really use them!
Yeah I’m thinking of just getting a fold up mat to keep in the room and we can change on the bed. That’s what I’m planning on doing for the sitting room

I’ve hit 30 weeks and my god the movements have ramped right up. This baby is non stop, kept me up all night I swear a foot was poking out my hips!!

• Heart
I’ve hit 30 weeks and my god the movements have ramped right up. This baby is non stop, kept me up all night I swear a foot was poking out my hips!!
I’ve started feeling an actual foot now rather than general kicking feeling. It’s the creepiest but cutest thing ever

• Heart
I know it’s completely normal to not feel anything at 17 weeks but I can’t wait to feel something so I know everything is ok in there. Feel like you’re left in complete limbo from the 12 week scan to the 20 week scan. They definitely need to offer something in the middle it’s such a long time when you’re anxious!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know it’s completely normal to not feel anything at 17 weeks but I can’t wait to feel something so I know everything is ok in there. Feel like you’re left in complete limbo from the 12 week scan to the 20 week scan. They definitely need to offer something in the middle it’s such a long time when you’re anxious!
I was thinking the same thing today. I still don’t really feel pregnant because I can’t feel the baby in there. Just feel big and tired. Hopefully the next few weeks will fly by for you and it’ll be the scan before you know it!

It’s awful! Everyone is talking to you about being pregnant but there’s still so much uncertainty like you said. I couldn’t hack it and had a private scan at about 17/18 weeks

Have you had a 16 week appointment? Mine was a little late but I was able to listen to the heartbeat which gave me reassurance

Have you had a 16 week appointment? Mine was a little late but I was able to listen to the heartbeat which gave me reassurance
yep, felt like a complete waste of my time 😂 she checked blood pressure, did a carbon monoxide test and showed me a growth chart and said yeah we’ll measure you on this next time and that was it! Said they don’t do heartbeat Anymore because sometimes if they didn’t find it it caused stress. Was in there a total of five minutes 😂

• Sad
Just thought I’d update that I’ve deffo been feeling movements 🙌🏼

I was wondering does anyone have some easy exercises to recommend or videos to follow?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just thought I’d update that I’ve deffo been feeling movements 🙌🏼

I was wondering does anyone have some easy exercises to recommend or videos to follow?
Been thinking about you but didn’t want to tag you for an update for obvious reasons on these threads 💜
Glad you’re feeling movements again. Hopefully baby was just in a different position with them being so small still. Did you get checked over?

• Heart