Pregnancy #60

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anybody else got what I call heart flutters in second trimester? I've had it all night and morning
Yes! I had regular palpitations and chest pain! Took myself to A&E and luckily everything was ok, just another weird pregnancy symptom! Mine started around 20-22 weeks

Anyone else had trouble with midwives?

I’m 21+3 and worried about movement so I rang my Assesment unit and they said they won’t see me until I’m 24 weeks but last time I rang they said it was 20 weeks, so I’ve rung my midwife and she’s not in today so rang my community midwives and no one is answering me.
Really don’t know what to do.

I would be very surprised if they’ll see you for movements at 21+3.
What are your concerns?
I Wish they would tell you that then coz I was told to ring if I had any concerns, it’s my first so I’m just really scared.
I’ve had a pattern of movements but haven’t felt anything really for about 2 days now.

I’m 21+3 and worried about movement so I rang my Assesment unit and they said they won’t see me until I’m 24 weeks but last time I rang they said it was 20 weeks, so I’ve rung my midwife and she’s not in today so rang my community midwives and no one is answering me.
I was going to say this too, have you been feeling baby move a lot? I’m 24 weeks today and can only feel her occasionally and usually when I’m lying on my left hand side. Do you know if you have an anterior placenta?

Reactions: 1
I was going to say this too, have you been feeling baby move a lot? I’m 24 weeks today and can only feel her occasionally and usually when I’m lying on my left hand side. Do you know if you have an anterior placenta?
Yeah I’ve been feeling her a lot and had a general pattern of afternoon and evening and a little at night but haven’t really felt anything the past 2 days, I have a posterior placenta

Yeah I’ve been feeling her a lot and had a general pattern of afternoon and evening and a little at night but haven’t really felt anything the past 2 days, I have a posterior placenta
I’d have a fizzy drink, do some cat/cows on the floor, lie on your side for a bit, drink 1 litre of water and go for a wee. If you still can’t feel anything after those and you’re still worrying I’d just keep calling, no point stressing yourself out. You can also call 111.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I was told baby wouldn’t have a pattern until 24+ weeks so wouldn’t be seen before that

• Heart
I’m 35weeks and have never really had any pattern. Some days baby doesn’t stop moving, the next might be minimal.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m 35weeks and have never really had any pattern. Some days baby doesn’t stop moving, the next might be minimal.
I’m the same and it was the same with my first, I felt like he was just constantly moving. This time I have days when baby is going non stop, I usually notice around 11am seems to be strong movements but then there’s day I get past lunch time and realise there hasn’t been anything. They’re still so tiny, especially at 20 weeks you probably just don’t feel the movement. Now at 31 weeks all I feel is massive bulges like it’s doing some rolly pollys in there 😂

• Heart
I Wish they would tell you that then coz I was told to ring if I had any concerns, it’s my first so I’m just really scared.
I’ve had a pattern of movements but haven’t felt anything really for about 2 days now.
Drink and eat something sugary and shine a torch on your stomach - might be slightly early for baby to be noticing light and dark but it won't do any harm.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

I’m a midwife and we see those will reduced movement at our trust from 16-24 weeks in community, then from 24 weeks would be triage.
You know your body and your baby, if you are concerned keep trying community number.

• Heart
I was always told that up until 24 weeks movements can change day by day and there’s no proper pattern and some days they move a lot and some days they don’t. I went in at about 23ish weeks because I knew in myself that i felt them a lot and there was sort of a pattern, and my toddler had jumped on me and my bump so I was paranoid. They made me feel a bit stupid and said ‘you don’t even have a bump at this gestation’ like really babe you can’t just 1) insinuate i’m fat and 2) dismiss my feelings and worries. But they felt for her heartbeat at least. The woman on the phone really made me feel a bit stupid but I was adament and said you’re supposed to be here if we have any worries and I’m worrying (and welled up which I think guilt tripped her) What I’m trying to say is, if you’re really worried ring up and stand your ground and say you’d at least like to listen to heartbeat.

Try what others have said, fizzy drink, something sugary, lie on your left. At that gestation I also did some star jumps and then lay down and that always seemed to work! Also I played a song to my bump that got her moving too

Hope they can see you or you feel little babe move soon so you’re not worrying

• Heart
Reactions: 3
In saying that, please don’t ever let them dismiss any of your concerns. It’s your body, you know it better than anyone. If you’re not happy, pop into your maternity a&e. Don’t ever feel silly or like you’re being OTT.

• Heart
Reactions: 5