Pregnancy #60

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would be very surprised if they’ll see you for movements at 21+3.
What are your concerns?
@AL10 I worded this badly here. It's been covered now but I looked at my contact sheet and it says call community midwives main line before 24 weeks, triage after. When I called in early on they just reassured me by phone and said they'd not expect a pattern until 24, the midwife said the same at appointments so I would be surprised if they saw you in person but didn't mean to say you shouldn't pursue it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Keep trying if you’re worried @AL10 , I had reduced movements for a couple of days at 19 weeks but they said they wouldn’t see me until 20 weeks. I insisted and they ended up listening to baby’s heartbeat that day. It was a Sunday afternoon and there was literally no one else at the birthing centre so maybe the staff just had not much else to do so didn’t mind seeing me earlier than they usually would. I knew in the back of my head baby was just so small it was normal not to feel a pattern yet, but it was so reassuring once they checked the heartbeat either way. And typical, baby started kicking away straight after that😅

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hello, I’ve been following along since I found out I’m pregnant and feel it’s time to pipe in now 🙈 it’s our first pregnancy and I’m wondering at what point did you all start to purchase larger items / start to plan the ‘nursery’ (in our instance is the shared spare room with my oh’s computer and guitars 😅)

I have seen a sale at Mamas and papas currently particularly on the travel system we would like, but don’t know if it’s too early!
I’m 19 weeks, I have my 20 week scan next week I can’t wait to see the little bean again 🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hello, I’ve been following along since I found out I’m pregnant and feel it’s time to pipe in now 🙈 it’s our first pregnancy and I’m wondering at what point did you all start to purchase larger items / start to plan the ‘nursery’ (in our instance is the shared spare room with my oh’s computer and guitars 😅)

I have seen a sale at Mamas and papas currently particularly on the travel system we would like, but don’t know if it’s too early!
I’m 19 weeks, I have my 20 week scan next week I can’t wait to see the little bean again 🥹
Congratulations! I started buying stuff after my 20 week scan. I’m sure I went across the road to the big Tesco right after it purely just to buy something 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I started buying big things about 20 weeks, I would have started earlier but felt silly 😅 I bought loads of clothes from about 16 weeks though!

• Heart

We bought the travel system and next2me at 21 weeks (although both not delivered yet) and looking at buying the nursery furniture within the next month, I’m currently 26 weeks. We’ve bought random smaller items along the way though!

• Heart

Welcome and congrats! You're the same stage as me. I'm also 19 weeks and have the 20 week scan next week. I'm going to wait until after the scan and then start buying the bigger things over the next few months to spread the cost out a bit. Both Mamas & Papas and John Lewis offer an appointment to advise and look at baby items so think I will start there.

I have been wondering this too so these responses are really helpful!

I was also wondering when to start buying maternity clothes. I just permanently look like I've just had Christmas dinner but otherwise am not showing at all - but also I despise clothes shopping at the best of times and kind of want to get it out of the way before I'm too far along. Is that sensible or should I wait until I'm at least a bit bigger?

Welcome and congrats! You're the same stage as me. I'm also 19 weeks and have the 20 week scan next week. I'm going to wait until after the scan and then start buying the bigger things over the next few months to spread the cost out a bit. Both Mamas & Papas and John Lewis offer an appointment to advise and look at baby items so think I will start there.
🥰 when is your due date?
Yes I think we are going to go ahead with the mamas and papas apt, purely so we can use the deposit scheme offered and get the voucher also!

I’m 25 weeks and all I’ve bought is one single babygro 🤣

Did go to a mamas and papas appointment tho but haven’t bought anything yet - have decided which car seat we want but not a buggy yet - planning to book another appointment as the lady we had wasn’t the most helpful (think she was just new so wasn’t very confident showing us stuff). I’ve narrowed it down on the buggy but want to just go and do some more pushing/folding etc before deciding.

One minute I go from totally relaxed got loads of time to probs need to actually buy all this at some point 🤣

I don’t think there’s a right/wrong time especially if stuff you want is on sale!

I'm 15 weeks and have booked an appointment at John Lewis next week to look at buggies. I mainly want to test how easily they fold up and how heavy they are to carry. I don't think we'll buy one for a while yet though because I don't want too much of the warranty time to run down before baby is even here!

I'm 15 weeks and have booked an appointment at John Lewis next week to look at buggies. I mainly want to test how easily they fold up and how heavy they are to carry. I don't think we'll buy one for a while yet though because I don't want too much of the warranty time to run down before baby is even here!
Just to add to your warranty point at Mamas and Papas you can delay delivery (we ordered early but waited until a few weeks ago for delivery) and the warranty starts from the day of delivery. Really helpful for getting sale prices and also not having to store everything for months!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Also to say if anyone is dead set on mamas and papas furniture, prams etc there is an outlet in Huddersfield that do pretty decent discounts. Only thing is I think you have to physically go in I don’t think you can order over the phone etc but might be wrong. They have a Facebook page if anyone is interested

• Heart
Just to add to your warranty point at Mamas and Papas you can delay delivery (we ordered early but waited until a few weeks ago for delivery) and the warranty starts from the day of delivery. Really helpful for getting sale prices and also not having to store everything for months!
Ooh thank you, this is really good to know!

I bought a couple of lovely maternity dresses at 35 weeks thinking I’d get a good 5 weeks in some cute maternity dresses, looking all cute and summery with my bump - then I gave birth unexpectedly at 36 weeks 🤣🤣 What a waste!! I wear them anyway thankfully they look ok

• Haha
I still can’t figure out the baby storage situation. We’re not doing a nursery because we don’t plan on living here long. I was going to put a chest of drawers with the baby’s things in the hall right outside our bedroom with a changing station on top. But my partner wants to put the chest of drawers in the bedroom and get an actual changing table for the hall because he doesn’t like the idea of not having a sturdy changing table.

I just don’t want the extra furniture 😂

very late 2 week later thank you for the congrats! been super hard having a newborn alone, never thought it would be this hard she never sleeps just constantly breastfeeding then she has reflux having to keep her upright for 30 mins then the cycle repeats eat, sit up, change gets fussy feeds sits up etc etc
feels really hard right now can someone tell me it gets better lol😴

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11