Pregnancy #59

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just catching up from the last thread @George01 when will they be doing your C-section? I’m booked in for 39 weeks exactly but they seem reluctant to do it any earlier.

With my first I had a pacapod (not sure if they’re still a thing) because it had all these compartments to keep stuff in, but actually it just annoyed me and I ended up putting everything in the main compartment anyway!

With the second I just got a backpack style one from Amazon because I also had a 2 yo at that point

It is handy to have the buckles so you can attach them to the pram though

Reactions: 1
Just had a call to say my urine had ketones and protein in. Want to repeat in a week which seems a long way off. GD test came back clear but I keep getting glucose in there too. Anyone had this?
Had you eaten much beforehand? As the ketones will probably just be if it’s been a while since you last ate x

Just had a call to say my urine had ketones and protein in. Want to repeat in a week which seems a long way off. GD test came back clear but I keep getting glucose in there too. Anyone had this?
A couple of weeks ago I had a few readings which had both 2+ ketones and protein. I was told the protein was likely to be discharge, and ketones dehydration or lack of carbs. Both disappeared after a week.

• Heart
Just catching up from the last thread @George01 when will they be doing your C-section? I’m booked in for 39 weeks exactly but they seem reluctant to do it any earlier.
I think I'll be 38+5 now cos they had me quite close to 40 weeks. They've said that's with scope to move it closer again depending on what my growth scans are like and also due to my waters breaking at 37 weeks with my first.
They deffo are reluctant to book any sooner than 39 weeks though if there is no medical need, she told me that yesterday

Is there anything I need to do for the glucose appointment tomorrow? It’s at 8:40am so is it just stop eating 10 hours before and can only drink water?
---
So for changing bag we went for this. Such a stupid impulse, fuelled by the fact I said to my partner it’s our first child and I feel sad giving up a designer bag for when we’re out. But in contrast we’re getting all our baby swings/moses baskets/bouncers from Facebook Marketplace… it’s all about balance I suppose 😂. Our pram has actually come with one as well though like a normal backpack one, which will be handy for days where we’re going somewhere more mucky like soft play or just don’t want to look over the top. I don’t like backpacks though. Our bag retails for a LOT but we got a really good deal.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Had you eaten much beforehand? As the ketones will probably just be if it’s been a while since you last ate x
A couple of weeks ago I had a few readings which had both 2+ ketones and protein. I was told the protein was likely to be discharge, and ketones dehydration or lack of carbs. Both disappeared after a week.
Thanks ladies. Probably about 4 hrs since I’d eaten but I felt really hungry. It was mega hot too so dehydration is possible.
I’ve got a stinking cold giving me a headache and always have rib pain so just a little worried I could have signs of preeclampsia and miss them but boood pressure is absolutely fine so probably as you say. Wish they’d mentioned it when I was actually there but over the phone you forget to ask questions.

Baby is measuring off the scale huge 🙈 so I’ve agreed to an elective C-section as consultant finally explained it’s much safer than one when already in labour which is what I was wanting, to be able to go into labour naturally first. Feels a bit emotional to know I won’t have that experience again but know I have to do what’s safest for baby and I.
They’ll scan again at 37wks for size but otherwise it’ll be in the 39th week. I somehow feel like I might not make it that far because I just can’t imagine getting any bigger now!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thanks ladies. Probably about 4 hrs since I’d eaten but I felt really hungry. It was mega hot too so dehydration is possible.
I’ve got a stinking cold giving me a headache and always have rib pain so just a little worried I could have signs of preeclampsia and miss them but boood pressure is absolutely fine so probably as you say. Wish they’d mentioned it when I was actually there but over the phone you forget to ask questions.

Baby is measuring off the scale huge 🙈 so I’ve agreed to an elective C-section as consultant finally explained it’s much safer than one when already in labour which is what I was wanting, to be able to go into labour naturally first. Feels a bit emotional to know I won’t have that experience again but know I have to do what’s safest for baby and I.
They’ll scan again at 37wks for size but otherwise it’ll be in the 39th week. I somehow feel like I might not make it that far because I just can’t imagine getting any bigger now!
I think I read that the ketones are not up to date ie it is based on the last few hours. So mine can be high in a morning appointment where I’ve only just managed to eat and drink a little before.

Did you have a c section with your previous?
---
Is there anything I need to do for the glucose appointment tomorrow? It’s at 8:40am so is it just stop eating 10 hours before and can only drink water?
---
So for changing bag we went for this. Such a stupid impulse, fuelled by the fact I said to my partner it’s our first child and I feel sad giving up a designer bag for when we’re out. But in contrast we’re getting all our baby swings/moses baskets/bouncers from Facebook Marketplace… it’s all about balance I suppose 😂. Our pram has actually come with one as well though like a normal backpack one, which will be handy for days where we’re going somewhere more mucky like soft play or just don’t want to look over the top. I don’t like backpacks though. Our bag retails for a LOT but we got a really good deal.
Another one where different trusts are different in terms of when to stop eating and drinking. But only drink water and take some ice cold water with you to have between, then something to occupy you and a snack as soon as you’re done ☺

Has anyone else been looking at nurseries already or am I just a psycho? Due July and looking for nursery place from June 2025 - been scared by stories of nurseries getting booked up cos of the extra funding for two year olds

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone else been looking at nurseries already or am I just a psycho? Due July and looking for nursery place from June 2025 - been scared by stories of nurseries getting booked up cos of the extra funding for two year olds
I’d say it’s good to have a look around and maybe get your name on a waiting list just in case

Did you have a c section with your previous?
I did, it was an emergency and quite fraught, really messed up my OH and I was out of it when baby arrived so I’ll be glad to avoid all of that.
I did labour for over 24hrs before hand and as much as that wasn’t fun, I wanted to have a little part of that again at least, the watching for signs, not knowing when etc, maybe being able to have a vbac.
I’m terrified of tearing though, they’ve said this is safest given my history, my OH is happier and I can plan childcare etc so I have to be sensible and concentrate on getting baby here safely.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I did, it was an emergency and quite fraught, really messed up my OH and I was out of it when baby arrived so I’ll be glad to avoid all of that.
I did labour for over 24hrs a before hand, and as much as that wasn’t fun, I wanted to have a little part of that again at least, the watching for signs, not knowing when etc, maybe being able to have a vbac.
I’m terrified of tearing though, they’ve said this is safest given my history, my OH is happier and I can plan childcare etc so I have to be sensible and concentrate on getting baby here safely.
I had an emergency section with first followed by an elective second time round, and the elective was so lovely. I was so worried about going into labour, what about my older kid? What if it was the middle of the night? What if I was in labour for days again? Knowing a date and having a plan made me so much calmer and on the day it was just relaxed (or as relaxed as major surgery can be)

I know it must be hard to get your head round though if you were hoping to labour so sending lots of love xx

• Heart
I went and looked at my local nursery on the day of my 20 week appointment so you’re not early or late. I’d look if I were you just because it’s safer than sorry

Yeah just fast beforehand and only have plain water! I had only tiny sips of water but then the nurse took ages to find a vein when she did my first blood test and she said I could have drunk more to make it easier to get blood so bear that in mind :)

Yes! We’ve booked our place for Sept 2025 which seemed ridiculous but the nursery said it really wasn’t. Always better to know that you’re sorted!

I rang my local when I was 12 weeks, and they wanted a €900 deposit to hold a place for September 2025.
Waited until I was past the 20 week mark and contacted them again to go ahead & was informed there are no longer any spots for 2025. But to call back when baby is born and see if there’s any change 🙄
Already hard enough when they don’t take babies under 1, and maternity leave is only 6 months.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Does anybody else feel a bit down and insecure about not being able to help out much? I’m still doing what I can but with moving house this week I just feel like a useless lump just sat there whilst everybody does everything around me, I usually hate having people help out and prefer to do things myself so it’s making me feel really guilty

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Does anybody else feel a bit down and insecure about not being able to help out much? I’m still doing what I can but with moving house this week I just feel like a useless lump just sat there whilst everybody does everything around me, I usually hate having people help out and prefer to do things myself so it’s making me feel really guilty
I felt rubbish during my pregnancy because I was told to be bed bound (really hard with a four year old lol) as I had the most awful PGP I needed to use a zimmer sometimes to sit up and my anemia was so bad I was always getting migraines. I was so useless I was no hope round the house, my partner was coming home from work whilst I was wiped out feeling like I couldn’t breathe needing sleep and rest on the sofa. I know that’s not the same as moving cos when it’s a house move you want to be up and involved getting stuck in and you feel kind of like a burden being stuck there whilst everyone is helping but remember, you’re growing a small human! And everyone knows that and wouldn’t want you to strain yourself or harm yourself moving anything too heavy. Sit back and relax and enjoy it, because you won’t be able to sit back and relax when babies here 😌 You might feel useless but there’s nothing useless about being cautious when growing a baba!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Had my 12 week scan appointment through in 3 weeks 🤞🏻 this is closest I’ve ever got and I’m finally starting to relax into this!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
try not to feel guilty, we moved house the day before our 12 week scan and I had horrendous HG. I definitely over did it and didn’t listen to people and made myself even more ill. Growing a baby is the world’s most important job, you’re not useless!

although I will admit I am not good at taking my own advice, 33 weeks now and even though my body is well and truly showing signs of desperately needing to slow down - I am really struggling to do so! Any resting I do I seem to make up for the following day by over-doing it! My husband keeps getting really agitated at me for not resting, but my brain feels so overwhelmed and busy still I just can’t help myself 😩

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.