Pregnancy #59

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone had buscopan in pregnancy? They’ve put me on it to try and I can’t lie it’s worked quite a bit (only taken my first one so won’t curse it) but online it just says not really pregnancy safe on any website… so bit worried about it.

Has anyone had buscopan in pregnancy? They’ve put me on it to try and I can’t lie it’s worked quite a bit (only taken my first one so won’t curse it) but online it just says not really pregnancy safe on any website… so bit worried about it.
I haven’t, but just to reassure you most medication has a label of not to take if you are pregnant/breastfeeding. It’s generally because it’s not considered ethical to test medication on pregnant women, rather than it being unsafe for them.

most of the medication I took in the first and second trimester to control my sickness had the same label, but they are very commonly prescribed and considered safe in pregnancy.

If it’s been prescribed to you by a medical professional I wouldn’t worry x

Reactions: 9
Does this sound like braxton hicks to you? About 5 times now this morning my stomach has gone really tight and feels almost super bloated, only lasts for about 10 seconds each time and it's completely painless but it's a very odd sensation and quite uncomfortable where it's so tight. I'm not sure if it's braxton hicks or something else like baby laying awkwardly?

Does this sound like braxton hicks to you? About 5 times now this morning my stomach has gone really tight and feels almost super bloated, only lasts for about 10 seconds each time and it's completely painless but it's a very odd sensation and quite uncomfortable where it's so tight. I'm not sure if it's braxton hicks or something else like baby laying awkwardly?
That’s what mine felt like 😊 almost like I needed a really big fart my belly was so hard/bloated 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
That’s what mine felt like 😊 almost like I needed a really big fart my belly was so hard/bloated 😂
Thank you! I was starting to worry but because they're painless I was a bit confused!

Yes, that's exactly what it's like!! I did even take myself off to a quiet room in the office to see if I needed to let one out 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Thank you! I was starting to worry but because they're painless I was a bit confused!

Yes, that's exactly what it's like!! I did even take myself off to a quiet room in the office to see if I needed to let one out 😂😂
Whole belly going tight was how mine felt too ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yeah sounds like my braxton hicks! Prepare for weeks of uncomfortableness and thinking ‘is this braxton hicks or the real thing’ 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks everyone, you've reassured me! Much more helpful than my Mum who replied "what's a braxton hick never heard of it".. you've had 2 babies woman 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hi all, had my 34 week checkup today. Everything was good. At my 30 week checkup baby was measuring “big” and they’re now measuring spot on 🥳 I am getting a growth scan Friday because of this, even though she said it’s perfectly normal and what she would want to see… she said she just wants me to have a scan to see baby again! Can’t help but worry (I worry about EVERYTHING!!) has this happened anyone else?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We’ve just been for Baby R’s one week check. He’s almost back at his birth weight, only 20g off it now. He put on 200g since Monday and nearly 600g since Saturday 🤣 he’s gonna be a chunk!

They took my dressing off too, Jesus Christ 👀 thanks for the free wax nhs but that’s not an experience I want to repeat! My wound feels so jiggly and unsupported now though.

I’m staying here till we get discharged by the midwife next week so sorry for the non-pregnant updates but I’m gonna miss you ladies when we have to move on 🥲

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Is Ondansetron still only given when you’re past 12 weeks? x
I got it offered at 10 weeks in hospital but didn’t actually take it til 13 weeks because they worried me with the risks (he’s fine). I don’t think a GP would prescribe it but the hyperemesis team at my hospital did. It’s definitely worth an ask and if you tell them you understand the risks they may. I know people on the HG support groups who’ve had it in previous pregnancies get it prescribed before 12 weeks

Hi all, had my 34 week checkup today. Everything was good. At my 30 week checkup baby was measuring “big” and they’re now measuring spot on 🥳 I am getting a growth scan Friday because of this, even though she said it’s perfectly normal and what she would want to see… she said she just wants me to have a scan to see baby again! Can’t help but worry (I worry about EVERYTHING!!) has this happened anyone else?
Do you mean they were measuring the fundal height the first time and concluded baby was big or was that as a result of a scan?

How is fundal height measured? I had my first proper midwife check yesterday and she didn’t seem to measure my tummy at all but has written “17” on my notes. Is it just done by weeks until I’m further along?

How is fundal height measured? I had my first proper midwife check yesterday and she didn’t seem to measure my tummy at all but has written “17” on my notes. Is it just done by weeks until I’m further along?
they just measure your bump. They didn’t start measuring mine until 26 weeks

Reactions: 1
Had my wedding dress fitting at 8 months pregnant 😂 I must've lost weight before getting pregnant cos it fastened fine hahaha! Gonna need a lot of taking I'm once this baby is out of me!
Got some pics where you can see the bump so in a few years I can show him how he was in mummy's belly when she got a dress haha

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Do you mean they were measuring the fundal height the first time and concluded baby was big or was that as a result of a scan?
Sorry - fundal height was big (above expected) at 30 weeks and then fundal height was bang on where it should be at at 34 weeks today, and I was referred for a growth scan.

Had my wedding dress fitting at 8 months pregnant 😂 I must've lost weight before getting pregnant cos it fastened fine hahaha! Gonna need a lot of taking I'm once this baby is out of me!
Got some pics where you can see the bump so in a few years I can show him how he was in mummy's belly when she got a dress haha
I’m in a similar boat - got my dress two weeks ago and baby will be 8 months at the wedding. I’ll have to have my first fitting about 2 months pp. I just have no idea how big my body will get and then what it’ll be doing 2/6/8 months later 😵💫
---
they just measure your bump. They didn’t start measuring mine until 26 weeks
Ah ok. She def didn’t measure anything so I’m guessing it’s just a rough estimate (it’s showing on some kind of percentile chart on my app, based on apparently no data) 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Sorry - fundal height was big (above expected) at 30 weeks and then fundal height was bang on where it should be at at 34 weeks today, and I was referred for a growth scan.
Fundal height isn’t terribly accurate.
I’m not a medic but as far as I understand they want to see baby follow a smooth trajectory on the plotting chart. If they’re not, it’ll trigger the booking of a growth scan for a more accurate measurement. It’s just a belt and braces to approach to check for any reasons growth could have slowed but it’s likely that the measurements were just inaccurate in the first place. Rather than ‘we see something concerning here’, it’s ’let’s make sure there’s nothing to be concerned about’.
You’ve got a proactive midwife, that’s a really good thing x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.