Pregnancy #59

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey guys do you have any recommendations on bottles? And how many to get? I know absolutely nothing 😂
We’re using mam bottles and currently have 6 of the smaller size. I’ve got 8 of the bigger size for when he moves up to them 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey guys do you have any recommendations on bottles? And how many to get? I know absolutely nothing 😂
I seem to have bought a few of every brand. I’m hoping he takes to the bibs bottles, as they’re glass with changeable teat sizes and seem to be a better quality than the other brands I’ve got.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ve got lots of bottles given - mam and tomee tipee so I need to figure out how many teats to buy. Makes me so tempted to get that cold water steriliser knowing i can just put them in straight after!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t think you can really go wrong with Mam but since you can get the next day del from Amazon or boots, I’d get a 3 pack and make sure baby takes to them. Or stock up but still get the smaller packs & not too far in advance and only open one so they can at least be returned if no good.

The benefit of Mam and TT is that if you’re ever caught without one or the teeth’s damaged or something, you can pick them up anywhere. Dr. browns, Nano Bebe, Lansinoh, Philips Advent, Nuk all seem to have fans but are harder to get hold of.

• Heart
I don’t think you can really go wrong with Mam but since you can get the next day del from Amazon or boots, I’d get a 3 pack and make sure baby takes to them. Or stock up but still get the smaller packs & not too far in advance and only open one so they can at least be returned if no good.

The benefit of Mam and TT is that if you’re ever caught without one or the teeth’s damaged or something, you can pick them up anywhere. Dr. browns, Nano Bebe, Lansinoh, Philips Advent, Nuk all seem to have fans but are harder to get hold of.

Honestly how did people cope without prime and supermarkets having baby clothing / nappies!

Reactions: 4
I’ve got lots of bottles given - mam and tomee tipee so I need to figure out how many teats to buy. Makes me so tempted to get that cold water steriliser knowing i can just put them in straight after!
Do it! I love it, it’s so easy and you can just chuck everything in and take it out as you need it.

My only concern with it is how I’ll get all the bottles in when he’s on the bigger bottles but I guess I’ll just have to do less at a time 😅

• Haha
Do it! I love it, it’s so easy and you can just chuck everything in and take it out as you need it.

My only concern with it is how I’ll get all the bottles in when he’s on the bigger bottles but I guess I’ll just have to do less at a time 😅
Or buy another one 👀

• Haha

It’s the chucking in and out that seems so tempting ! Wish you and watermelon could get commission from these sales !

• Haha
It’s honestly so easy. Even Mr R can cope with it and he’s got man brain and can’t follow instructions 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m not planning on buying any of the smaller bottles this time. I think last time we got gifted the full kit so had small and big bottles but the small ones only get used for a short time. We are just going to use the bigger ones but buy the newborn teats for them. I’ve got 3 big ones so far and plan on getting another 3 and I’ve got one small one I got from the baby show gift bag! Don’t even know how much is enough. I feel like we had loads last time!

Thank you! We are starting our antenatal classes tomorrow so hopefully will be more informed xx

• Heart

We have like two washing up bowls for baby, but we only use one to actually wash in.
First half of the washing gets done and goes straight into the Milton bucket. Second half gets washed and goes into the “clean” washing up bowl.
Stuff in the Milton only needs 15 mins, so after that we transfer the first lot to bottle racks and put the second half into the bucket and just leave it in there until needed or there’s room on the bottle racks.

Our washing is a joke at the minute, find newborn season the worst for it as they have a million tiny bottles rather than spaced out decent ones. Extra issue here is that I’m almost exclusively pumping again despite wanting to breastfeed via nursing, as I’ve got another child who’s not taken to it. So I’m expressing every couple of hours - I’ve got five sets of pump parts to help with sanity a bit so washing can be done as a batch job. Then all the storage bottles and feeding bottles. Thankfully it’s a dad job, but urgh.

• Heart
I can feel where this baby is, transverse with legs to my right side. But I do palpate abdomens 4 days a week so have an unfair advantage there 🥲

I just feel not pregnant it’s the strangest thing ever!!

• Heart
I’ve hit 12 weeks today 🥰 scan later this week but had a private one over the weekend which was perfect. Hoping everything runs smoothly from here 🤞 it’s been a tough road to get here 😢
congratulations, you got this xx

I can feel where this baby is, transverse with legs to my right side. But I do palpate abdomens 4 days a week so have an unfair advantage there 🥲

I just feel not pregnant it’s the strangest thing ever!!
When you know what you’re feeling for, is it really easy to tell? I’m always so amazed by how quickly you midwives just know from a quick press around, when I feel it just feels squidgy, I don’t get it 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
New thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.