Pregnancy #59

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had my wedding dress fitting at 8 months pregnant šŸ˜‚ I must've lost weight before getting pregnant cos it fastened fine hahaha! Gonna need a lot of taking I'm once this baby is out of me!
Got some pics where you can see the bump so in a few years I can show him how he was in mummy's belly when she got a dress haha
Aw no way!
im 13 weeks and Iā€™ll be 15 weeks when we get married, my dress had to be made an inch wider šŸ¤£

I think my trust start fundal height at 28 weeks midwife appointment.
However, if youā€™re having growth scans they wonā€™t do both so Iā€™ve never had one!

I think my trust start fundal height at 28 weeks midwife appointment.
However, if youā€™re having growth scans they wonā€™t do both so Iā€™ve never had one!
I always find it so crazy how each trust does things so differently! You'd think there'd be consistency.

My trust don't start fundal height until 28 weeks either but they also do it alongside growth scans. I'm on a "serial scan" pathway due to a complication and they still do them even though I'm having growth scans really regularly anyway. For example I have a growth scan next week then a midwife appointment the day after and she's already said she'll still do the measurement even though I'll have only have had a scan the day before!

Reactions: 1
I canā€™t remember when I started having fundal height done, it was quite early but they did it as well as regular growth scans. It can vary so much though depending on how baby is positioned, where that particular midwife measured top of baby from to public bone etc. Iā€™ve had mine done twice in a day (by midwife then hospital) and got wildly different measurements but as long as itā€™s following a trend they donā€™t worry. Theyā€™ve never even commented about mine even tho I was measuring several weeks ahead at one point they just put it on my notes.

Does this sound like braxton hicks to you? About 5 times now this morning my stomach has gone really tight and feels almost super bloated, only lasts for about 10 seconds each time and it's completely painless but it's a very odd sensation and quite uncomfortable where it's so tight. I'm not sure if it's braxton hicks or something else like baby laying awkwardly?
Deffo sounds like braxton hicks !

• Heart
Is Ondansetron still only given when youā€™re past 12 weeks? x
I got it at 7 weeks, itā€™s perfectly fine to take but theyā€™re very reluctant to give it at first. I was on it with my first HG and knew I needed it this time so they eventually agreed as they seen nothing else worked. My GP has also given me it fine, I have a review coming up next week so he might try to get me to stop but I still need it.

Reactions: 2
I always find it so crazy how each trust does things so differently! You'd think there'd be consistency.

My trust don't start fundal height until 28 weeks either but they also do it alongside growth scans. I'm on a "serial scan" pathway due to a complication and they still do them even though I'm having growth scans really regularly anyway. For example I have a growth scan next week then a midwife appointment the day after and she's already said she'll still do the measurement even though I'll have only have had a scan the day before!
I canā€™t understand how itā€™s so different between trusts for so much stuff! Mine just said the growth scan is more accurate and so wonā€™t do them. As long as the growth is being measured one way then Iā€™m not too fussed!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
what does everyone intend to use for a hospital bag? I'm wondering whether to use a holdall for me and the changing bag for baby, or whether I need to use a small suitcase/cabin case?

also, what baby changing bag does everyone recommend? the travel system we've gone for doesn't come with one so I need to choose. I'm not sure whether to get one of the backpack ones or one with a shoulder strap?

what does everyone intend to use for a hospital bag? I'm wondering whether to use a holdall for me and the changing bag for baby, or whether I need to use a small suitcase/cabin case?

also, what baby changing bag does everyone recommend? the travel system we've gone for doesn't come with one so I need to choose. I'm not sure whether to get one of the backpack ones or one with a shoulder strap?
OhMyGosh ahaha I just came on to ask for baby bag recommendations.

• Haha
Fundal height isnā€™t terribly accurate.
Iā€™m not a medic but as far as I understand they want to see baby follow a smooth trajectory on the plotting chart. If theyā€™re not, itā€™ll trigger the booking of a growth scan for a more accurate measurement. Itā€™s just a belt and braces to approach to check for any reasons growth could have slowed but itā€™s likely that the measurements were just inaccurate in the first place. Rather than ā€˜we see something concerning hereā€™, itā€™s ā€™letā€™s make sure thereā€™s nothing to be concerned aboutā€™.
Youā€™ve got a proactive midwife, thatā€™s a really good thing x
Thank you šŸ’— thatā€™s pretty much what she said to me and I know itā€™s ā€œnormalā€ procedure but I just go into panic mode in these situations. Appreciate the rational advice šŸ«¶šŸ¼

• Heart
Reactions: 2

For a hospital bag I'm using like a cabin sized suitcase, I used a holdall with my first and I wish I hadn't cos you can open a suitcase up wide and see everything without stress.
For a baby bag we used a back pack last time and still use it now and he's 2.5. It's the SkipHop Forma backpack we had, it came with 2 little packing cubes which is handy. I think for a changing bag tho it's genuinely whatever your aesthetic is tbh hahaha they all do the same job so whatever you think will look best is what I'd go for!

• Heart
Just had a call to say my urine had ketones and protein in. Want to repeat in a week which seems a long way off. GD test came back clear but I keep getting glucose in there too. Anyone had this?

Iā€™m using a cabin case and change bag because the maternity pads, inco pants and nappies & snacks take up tons of space Iā€™d like to try to wedge it all into the least bags.

Change bag depends how youā€™ll use it. If youā€™ve always got a pram and sling it in the bottom of/attach it to that it doesnā€™t really matter but if you intend to use a baby carrier a lot a back pack would be better. I think generally back packs are easier.
Also depends if youā€™re bottle feeding. As I wasnā€™t, I used one of these https://amzn.eu/d/7suV1Dx because I only needed minimal stuff until about 6 months when the clothes got bigger, needed snacks & toys etc.
If we were going for a proper day out I put that in a regular back pack with a change of clothes for me and put it all in the pram. I never had a real change bag until we went on holiday at 9mths.
This time Iā€™ve got the cabin max, travel hack back pack as it unzips the whole way around.

If youā€™re bottle feeding an insulated pocket would probably be a handy feature?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
How is fundal height measured? I had my first proper midwife check yesterday and she didnā€™t seem to measure my tummy at all but has written ā€œ17ā€ on my notes. Is it just done by weeks until Iā€™m further along?
Fundal height is the measurement from the top of your uterus to the pubic bone.

It can vary a lot though, from position of baby to your own anatomy, your chart will be custom to you though based on your height/weight. Usually youā€™d expect to see it similar to the weeks of gestation, but again that varies. As long as the measurement is following the curve of the chart thatā€™s what we look for. We were always taught to turn the tape so we canā€™t see the numbers, measure, mark it with our finger then turn it over to see the result so itā€™s more accurate!
Our trust start measuring from 28 weeks

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.