Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Thanks everyone, it’s so reassuring to hear people’s positive experiences and not just the negative all the time! I love this thread so much, everyone’s so lovely 🥰 I’ve found even the due date groups on fb to be a bit negative sometimes and seen some really judgey posts from experienced mums aimed at first time mums but I’m so glad there’s none of that here ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Laughalong

VIP Member
Honestly with the amount of unsuccessful luck I have had on Facebook marketplace lately I have finally struck gold.. a free Baby Bjorn Bouncer

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
Thought I’d lost you all! Thankfully found you now, still under 12w but my cousin has arranged a private scan on Sunday to check in on the babies and I’m so excited (and nervous) to see the little guys again ❤

• Heart

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
16 week midwife appointment checked off the list ✅ my blood pressure reading was much better and no sign of protein in urine yet so hoping that means things will be ok (I have high BMI so I’m always a bit wary of appointments and something being off kilter). Heard baby on the Doppler too. I just want someone to scan/doppler me every day 😍😍

• Heart

amyy

VIP Member
had lightning crotch so bad yesterday, thought my waters were going to burst lol. But still no baby so looks like I’m being induced Sunday at 41 weeks, of course when there’s a heatwave!!! Pramsuit coming out of hosp bag asap hahah

• Heart

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I'm very excited for more of you to meet your baby in this thread, but I don't think I'm ready for any of you to leave the threads, this has become the best little community and I genuinely find myself referring to you as friends when I share advice and funny comments/stories from you all 😭

• Heart
Hey everyone, I’ve been lurking but finally thought I should enter the thread! I’m 7 weeks with #2 and time is going sssssoo slowly, I don’t know how I’m going to survive the next 5 weeks honestly. That and I have a 2 yo who has decided this week that she doesn’t enjoy sleep 😎

Said 2yo is a very late August baby! I’ve had comments (from a teacher no less) that this was ‘poor planning’ like ok thanks if only timing pregnancy was so easy 🤔 I like to think of the fact I’ll be paying for a year less of nursery fees!

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Haven’t taken Mum in yet but that will be my option later. I’m raging. The MW today was fully on our side and I could hear her advocating for us on the phone but the consultant wouldn’t even come and see me just said to go back if I’m concerned later. Wouldn’t book in the scan they’re saying I need because it’s a BH weekend so it will probably be Tuesday. Wouldn’t book in regular monitoring because it’s a BH weekend even though yesterday’s consultant said that’s what I need. MW has encouraged me to go back in a few hours even if I’m happier with his movements because she thinks that’s what will get them listening. I felt bad for her, I could hear her arguing for us on the phone but she came up against a brick wall too. It’s infuriating.

Ooooh @watermelon sugar maybe today will be the day 😱

• Sad
  • Wow

Elisha97

Chatty Member
When you think about it pregnancy (mostly) is really embarrassing because everyone from your neighbour to your nan knows not only that you’ve had sex, but also roughly when 😭

• Haha

George01

Chatty Member
Just had an appointment with my consultant, she had moved my c-section date forward due to my anxieties and agreed to sterilisation!
All in all a very good day 🎉

• Heart

aggytha

VIP Member
I know this is anon and we’ll not be sharing but I’m desperate to know what baby names people’s have chosen 😂
ME TOO 🤣 we still have no names. Not even any serious contenders. I asked the 3yo this morning what we should name the babies and they have settled on “sandpit” and “banana” 🤪 hearing people’s name choices is one of my favourite bits about having a baby! I take it extremely seriously 😂

congratulations @watermelon sugar ❤ sending all the love! I bet you can’t wait for your little one to meet their new sibling too 😭

• Haha

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Might refuse to leave until they get him out 😅

I’m going to be so annoyed if there’s an issue though and they’ve missed 2 opportunities in the last week to get him out!

• Heart

scouseconstantine

Finally had my booking appointment today! Feeling a bit more real now. I live 30 minutes away from work so got to leave early, then the appointment only lasted 45 mins and there would have been no point driving back to work so a nice 1 hour early finish 😂

• Heart

PrincessShark

Chatty Member
My cousin is a midwife and shared a Tommy’s post about them yesterday - they’re not a good idea. If you just want it for a bit of fun then probably go ahead but it’s so important not to rely on it to check baby is okay xx
As a midwife, this!
There are so many different sounds in the abdomen, such as maternal pulse, placenta as well as baby. We go through 3 years of training for a reason, and I hate the thought of someone thinking their baby is ok because they heard it with a Doppler at home but it ended up being the maternal pulse and then finding out everything isn’t ok. It has happened unfortunately.

I know where I’m based we will happily see women in community at the end of the day if they just want a bit of reassurance 🥰🩶

• Heart

Laughalong

VIP Member
Pram done. I went for the pram I wanted in the pebble. Just do NOT want a black one 😂 catch me over in new mums thread in about a year crying at all the stains xx

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I cannot cope, its been 24⁰ here today.
Who on earth gave it permission to be so hot? I'm gonna do my rain dance (wobble) tonight and hope for something colder tomorrow
I’ve had my new maternity maxi dress on today and my son went ‘Mummy, why do you have a big dress on? Have you put my football up there?’

• Haha