Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Woohoo first Facebook marketplace item acquired, a good as new snuzpod 4 for £50. I feel like I've peaked at being a grown up now 😆

Also, I was in Asda for the first time in ages earlier and they have some really lovely baby clothes in at the moment. Definitely worth checking!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I’m on a May due date baby page and someone’s given birth to a baby called Cain and I commented saying ‘congratulations, he’s beautiful, do you watch Emmerdale?’ and she deleted my comment 😂 Was only a light hearted joke 🤣

I had private scans at 11 weeks + 5 days literally a week before my 12 week one just cos I was anxious. Then my gender scan at 14+2 days (my place advertised it that early and she said girl, we’ve had that confirmed about 5 times now) and my 4D scan at 28 weeks

• Haha
  • Heart

amyy

VIP Member
My induction has been cancelled 2 days in a row now, 2 days sat in hospital all day with a cannula in my hand for nothing. So fed up and down now but trying to picture my baby girl and this time next week it will all be forgotten hopefully 🫣🤣🥰

• Heart
  • Wow

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I hope you and baby are doing okay this morning @watermelon sugar and you too @raspberryjuice xx

Poor Mr Brew got dragged around for an absolute age last night to try and humour my idea for a little social media announcement post since we've still not told many people at all that we're having a baby. All I wanted was to find one of those photobooths that takes 4 different poses of photos, in my head I thought the first 2 could be normal cute couple type pics, then a bump, then us holding the scan pic and some teeny little booties. Seemed so easy in my head. Jesus Christ I never want to see a photobooth again, we found broken ones, one that suddenly shut down as we were using it, one we didn't know how to use and it cropped off mr brews head and my bump...a small fortune and several sets of photos later I've had to do some serious photo editing to get one set we're happy enough with 😅

• Haha
  • Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I think this should definitely be the thread Baby R makes an appearance 🤣 this time next week at the very latest 🤞🏼🤞🏼
I didn't know how tired I could be but having a sick 2 year old at 30 weeks pregnant is wild, think my heads fell off 😂
Hope they’re better soon ❤

• Heart

Whassupgirl

So went for a growth scan today at 36w and baby is measuring 7lb 1 😦 not surprised cus I feel absolutely massive and my belly is so heavy and hard. Resulted in a review from the doctor and they’re inducing me in a couple weeks at 38+2! Super happy as I’ve struggled this whole pregnancy, and I’m so glad I’ve got a date to work towards so I can plan for it abit better. Looks like this June baby is actually going to be a May baby!

• Heart

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Anyone else have days where you feel utterly fed up and down in the dumps with how exhausted you are from lack of sleep, from being uncomfortable, from the constant worrying and from how overwhelmed you are about everything you need to buy/arrange for baby?
I hate whinging because I truly am beyond grateful to be pregnant but jeeez it's still hard going isn't it.
I just feel like I want to have a good cry but I don't even know why 🙈

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I was in the bath last night and my bf popped his head round the door to say bye as he was nipping out and he went "wow" so I asked what? and he genuinely said "just didn't know your nipples would get that big". I was fuming 😂 He made me sound like I've got burger nipples!! They've grown but I don't think they were worthy of a "wow" 😂😂

The fact he's only just noticed as well shows how lacking my libido has been 😂

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
ME TOO 🤣 we still have no names. Not even any serious contenders. I asked the 3yo this morning what we should name the babies and they have settled on “sandpit” and “banana” 🤪 hearing people’s name choices is one of my favourite bits about having a baby! I take it extremely seriously 😂

congratulations @watermelon sugar ❤ sending all the love! I bet you can’t wait for your little one to meet their new sibling too 😭
My 4 year old wanted her middle name to be doughnut or car 😆

He’s with my Mum atm and my Mum text me saying ‘so he woke up and I showed him a picture of the baby, and he was like yeah yeah Grandma very cute, now where are my cheerios?’ just not arsed 🤣🤣

• Haha

ShadesMint

My mum asked if it was planned (lol mortifying) but I don’t mind.
then a friend who I’m not super close with asked the same and I was a bit like whyyy 🙃
I got asked if I knew who the dad was 🤦‍♀️ even though I've been with my partner almost 10 years.
(By a colleague who I don't really know that well, but still! I was speechless)

• Wow
  • Haha

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Pregnancy is so rough sometimes. I’ve spent most of the morning crying over how my body looks 😭 I’ve always struggled with body image to be fair but throughout my pregnancy I’ve just been embracing it because I’m so lucky to be in this position but this morning I couldn’t find anything to wear because it’s not hot but it’s not cold but I’m sweating and I just lost my shit 😩 my room looks like it’s been turned upside down. I think I’ve searched every website possible for new maternity clothes. Things that fit me lovely 2 weeks ago now don’t fit and my face is suddenly very round. I feel like front on my bump makes me look really wide like a whale and ughhh man it’s just so hard seeing yourself change so much in such a short space of time. 😢 I don’t wanna sound like an awful person because I’m so grateful to be growing this little boy but god the mental side of it is tough sometimes

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
With names, someone on here (I can't remember who, sorry!) suggested to put people off from continuously asking, to tell them really bad names instead. Well I tried that yesterday, told MIL it's a toss up between Gertrude and Brenda for our little one. Her poor face 🤣

• Haha

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I don’t even get why people want to know if baby was planned or not. My ‘oops’ baby isn’t any less loved or wanted because we weren’t trying yet.

If anyone asks us any questions like that Mr R goes in to detail about the night of conception and that soon shuts them up 😂

• Haha

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Grrrr this is pregnancy hormones I know but. We are trying to take weekly bump photos and can my husband take a normal/decent photo?! I’m trying to use our Instax Polaroid camera and they look so ugly and gross!! They’re out of focus and you can hardly see my bump cos of half the wall being in shot and it being so far away. Sometimes I wish I was a lesbian

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Wow that was a fast discharge! 😱

Has your little boy met her yet?
Yeah I was surprised! They originally said 24, then it changed to 48 then they came at 9pm and said we could go. Then it got to half 9 because they realised they had printed all of babies paperwork saying she’s a boy when she’s most definitely a girl 🤣 so they had to reprint all the paperwork off! And her red book still has stickers saying she’s a boy 😂

Yes he’s met her he’s absolutely besotted. Every 5 mins he’s like ‘can she sit on me can i hold her’ 🤣He’s obsessed he’s already thinking of excuses not to go to nursery tomorrow 🤣

• Heart
I'm 6 weeks today and we decided to tell our parents our news together.

They were all super happy for us and we both feel relieved now that the most important people to us know 🥰

My mums first question was 'do I need to buy gender neutral or will you find out?' Haha

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I hope you’re okay Raspberry. It’s ridiculous how the bank holiday is affecting everything ☹
I’m just exhausted from it all 😔

Second scan measured him as 70th centile so an even bigger drop from 2.5 weeks ago but she talked us through every single bit of the scan and explained why she felt he was ok, why the cord and placenta are still good etc which was much more reassuring than the hospital scan.

She said his head couldn’t get any lower so I’m back on my baby eviction plan. Watch the little monkey come on Tuesday 🙄😂

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Thanks guys ❤ I had a monitor at 5am and again they didn’t say much, baby didn’t move much either. Midwife was just like ‘see you in 6 hours. The day staff will have more of a plan’ it’s just the waiting round 😵💫 Not got another monitor till 11am!! My partner has just gone to get me a sausage barm from the cafe 😅 video called my 4 year old as well which made me emotional. He was like ‘will you be back at lunchtime Mummy?’ and it nearly made me cry 😭😭

• Heart