Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Laughalong

VIP Member
Can you try white noise from outside the womb? I’d really like it if this baby would go to sleep and let me sleep! Seems to have woke up and doing gymnastics in there.
It depends how far along you are how much baby can hear outside noise wise. We’re the same aren’t we at 23? Apparently it’s like 28 weeks but it does vary a lot online some say slightly before as early as 23 so can’t hurt to give it a go!

User767676

6 was 3days. I phoned the midwife last week for some pain. That was all fine and she said to wait till nearly 8 weeks before phoning back to book an appointment but should I be calling my gp now? 1st pregnancy no idea.
I’d call them. I know everywhere is different but the booking appointments were busy with me (maybe because of Christmas). Once that is in you can get your scan booked which is the important bit as if you want some of the screening it needs to be done before a certain time

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Has anyone had a UTI without any of the actual wee symptoms? I’m not weeing anymore than usual, it doesn’t hurt and there’s no blood or anything but I’ve been to hospital twice today with severe abdominal pain to one side of my stomach and then sharp pain in my lower back and that’s what they think it is. I thought I was being fobbed off but it actually fully matches up online so starting antibiotics now! Just weird as I’ve had them when I was younger and just thought it was the urge to wee all the time.
Did you have leukocytes in your wee? Did they test it?

I’ve never had one without at least mild symptoms but they are quite common in pregnancy so it’s definitely possible!

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
I always thought I wanted a September baby until my sister did, and I realised that compared to my July baby she paid for a whole extra year of nursery fees 🫣

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
A question for those of you getting bargains on Facebook marketplace; are you just browsing the baby catagory or are you searching for particular item names? The few times I've looked through the baby catagory it's all nappies, bottles and car seats.

I didnt do any testing tonight as I wanted to start fresh tomorrow and set the machine up properly etc, Ill start tomorrow quite nervous, do iron tablets affect that as they seem to contain sugar for some reason, I was also told to take them with a glass of orange juice but I dont think that'll be a good idea considering its all sugar !
ok, ill bare this in mind for meantime until im told everything on the online session next week, o_O

Does anyone have any tips on making the GD appointment with the glucose drink as bearable as possible????
I put a chilli bottle in the freezer the night before and poured the drink into that and drank it with a straw. I was so worried as I’ve had a gastric sleeve so it takes me ages to have a drink, but honestly, it was done within minutes.

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Ah well hopefully it’s quicker than that for me , 13 weeks to go . But I’ve got an orthopaedic appt with the consultants at 32 weeks so I can always mention it then if needed
I chased them every week too. Apparently the service were over stretched and understaffed. Fortunately the postnatal treatment is with a different team. Hope you get seen soon, PGP is no fun

User767676

The idea of having children to just have to send them to nursery makes me so sad. Like it’s the reality for basically everyone isn’t it 😂 which I know is good for them too in many ways, but really I’d love to only work like 2 days a week as my ideal balance. Or none 🤭
I want to drop 1/2 days a week but not sure how accommodating work will be with that!

Lioness1

Chatty Member
I was already on omeprazole before I got pregnant and it’s an absolute lifesaver, gaviscon/Rennie do nothing for me, I’d highly recommend if you’ve been prescribed it @Lioness1

Thanks for the thoughts on Doppler. I’m just at that awkward stage where I can’t feel anything and I’d love something just to be able to check in. We are seeing midwife on Tuesday so hopefully they’ll listen to heartbeat then? I think I’d be pretty calm about whether I could/couldn’t find it. Nothing would change whether you have a good scan/hear a strong heartbeat one day and next week there’s bad news, so I don’t feel like giving myself some reassurance day to day would be a bad thing. But I do have midwife and two scans over the next month so maybe no need.
how far along are you now? We didn’t get to hear the heartbeat at 16 weeks, but did last week at 22 weeks. It was very faint, she struggled to find it and had to move around a lot to get it more clear.

User767676

Has anyone had what I think is scistica? Shooting pain on one side from bum to thigh at the back when I try and walk. Or is this more likely to be something else ?

Bingobango

Phoned gp and they said go straight to midwife and book through them closer to 8 weeks...but what if they are super busy. I want my 8 week appointment on 8 weeks 🤣🤣🤣
Was thinking about a breakfast wrap all morning so made one for lunch... I am now in bed on my day off feeling so nauseous.

Mantlepeace

Oh stop 🙈 don’t say that hahaha hospital is 20 mins drive from me. Will be sprinting out the door at every twinge now 😂
I know, they broke my waters though and it just went fast from then on. So wasn’t completely out of the blue that I’d start active labour so try not to worry over it! They did say it doesn’t usually happen that fast so mine wasn’t normal 😂

is Pepsi max ok? I recently brought a load and that is something that would be hard to give up 😂,
thats good advice since being told to have the test I have been trying to eat better and have cut allot and I mean a lot of chocolate out my diet.

well I had a phone call I couldn't really take it in as just wanted to cry but she sent me an email which I had to email over my details to the diabetic team and wait to hear back from them, she said I can collect a monitor anytime from my local birth centre which I now have, it came with so many leaflets and obviously one on how to use it, but im waiting to have an online information session she said they run on Tuesdays so ill have to wait to know more till. then but I dont see why I cant start/ practice testing as of tomorrow its bluetooth one that goes to the app,

bit confusing though as one I take iron tablets should I take these after my fasting blood sugar, wait a while as its best on empty stomach then eat? then obviously you take a reading before a meal like breakfast but when do you start the hour count down?from your first bite or after you've finished the meal to do the after meal test?
---
also I see it suggests snacking too do u need to test after and before snacks?

aggytha

VIP Member
I hate the taste and texture of Gaviscon but can manage the Gaviscon double action tablets! I often wake in the night to take a couple and find them pretty effective. Quite expensive though 😬