Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Oh my god I didn't even consider matching pj's. That absolutely has to happen now.
The outfit I got was only £1.50 from Vinted, I wasn't sure what size to get as she's due mid September, I've gone for 3-6 months.

Screenshot_20240502_144226_fr.vinted_edit_5793876677074241.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I’m not sure if my Asda is just having a clear out of stock but me and my mum just happened to check the reduced section and managed to get a changing mat, breast pump, thermometer, play gym, tommee tippee bottle warmer things and some MAM milk formula containers for under £40! They had MAM bottles, dummies, bed rails, blackout blinds. There was loads there! Might be worth checking the reduced sections in your local stores if passing ☺

• Heart
  • Wow

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Sorry if I’m being dumb but can someone explain why people are so freaked out by this? Is it because the taste is bad or something else?
For me it was the drink and hyperemesis combined and the drink made me feel awful.

Just take a really cold drink with you and something to distract you to make the 2 hours go quickly!

Yeah I was surprised! They originally said 24, then it changed to 48 then they came at 9pm and said we could go. Then it got to half 9 because they realised they had printed all of babies paperwork saying she’s a boy when she’s most definitely a girl 🤣 so they had to reprint all the paperwork off! And her red book still has stickers saying she’s a boy 😂

Yes he’s met her he’s absolutely besotted. Every 5 mins he’s like ‘can she sit on me can i hold her’ 🤣He’s obsessed he’s already thinking of excuses not to go to nursery tomorrow 🤣
That’s nuts they got her gender wrong! 😱

So cute about your little boy though! 🥰 How are you feeling?

I’ve just got back from my pre op, we’re top of the list tomorrow so hopefully not too much waiting around when we get there. Feeling very emotional now though 🙈

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Thanks everyone! I wish we could share actual pics and names etc, I feel like I want to show him off to the world. He’s got the poutiest lips 😍

I don’t want to leave this thread 🥲 I’ll tell Mr R to impregnate me again asap so I can hang around 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Well my scan was…ok. Placenta and cord are ok which was a relief, but baby has barely grown since the last scan. He’s dropped from above 95th centile to 75th in the past 2 weeks. Only gained 6oz in 2.5 weeks and that’s with them taking the largest measurements they did rather than middle of the 3. They’ve referred to a consultant but said I won’t hear anything until Tuesday because of the weekend and bank holiday. I honestly feel like if we were on Tuesday rather than Friday then they’d be doing much more.

Second scan in a minute so hoping they get a different result for the size and the hospital just struggled to get accurate measurements.

Hes been moving quite a bit since they poked and jiggled him on the scan though which is a relief.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Well the doctor has just been and said she wants to admit me until next Wednesday and keep me monitored 6x a day. I don’t get it. You can see he’s not happy ffs.

She said they won’t bring the section forward as csections before 39 weeks can cause adhd. What utter bullshit. So it’s fine to leave him in there with his heart going nuts as long as we don’t have that slight increased chance of adhd 🤷🏻‍♀️ his dad has adhd so I’m pretty sure if he’s going to have it it’s down to genetics not getting him out early 🙄

• Wow
  • Sad

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
This is what you need for the chub rub ladies:
https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/megababe-thigh-rescue-various-sizes/13798812.html it’s amazing!

So I cried and said I wasn’t being taken seriously, how can they repeatedly dismiss his CTGs etc and now they’re sending me home and I have to come in first thing tomorrow for more monitoring and a scan of my placenta?!!! I’m so fucking fed up. Hopefully a different doctor, different opinion. I did say I’ll be back in a few hours if I’m still not happy. I just want my boy here safely 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow

aggytha

VIP Member
I have my 12 week scan today! Excited but always a little nervous.
has anybody not found out the gender? We have no intentions in finding out and I love the surprise but everybody who we’ve told have been horrified 🤣 it makes absolutely no difference to us! Hate that everyone always has an opinion.
we didn’t find out the gender with our first and it was the BEST EVER! I loved how much it triggered people when it was literally none of their business 🤣

Having my husband announce the gender to me teary eyed is one of my favourite memories of all time 🥹

• Heart

Hmwxo

Hi all, I’d just like to give an update after writing about a high NT reading a couple of months ago! We had to have further scans at 14 weeks and 18 weeks with a consultant in fetal medicine and a CVS test at 14 weeks too. The CVS came back to show no chromosome abnormalities however we had to wait til the 18 week scan for confirmation that baby’s heart is all ok, thankfully both scans have shown a healthy baby growing as they should be😊 I just wanted to give some hope to anyone who goes through the same as it was the most upsetting, worrying time especially with the long waits for test results/further scans and I would’ve loved to have read some positive stories at the time!

• Heart

PrincessShark

Chatty Member
I’ve been seen often at EPAU because of previous losses and issues with this pregnancy, but today I’m officially no longer under their care 🥺
I do feel a bit sad because they have been amazing, always had the time to listen and act on any concerns, I feel gutted that I no longer have that support there, the one nurse I would see has held me through a few previous losses, she was with me after a significant clotty bleed at 6w6d with this baby, and cried with me when I was scanned and the baby was still there, little heart flickering and beating.

I know care isn’t always great, we are overworked and understaffed, but there are some actual angels working in the nhs 🤍

I am so glad to see the back of those cyclogest pessaries though!!!!!

• Heart

Amylaauren

I have my 12 week scan today! Excited but always a little nervous.
has anybody not found out the gender? We have no intentions in finding out and I love the surprise but everybody who we’ve told have been horrified 🤣 it makes absolutely no difference to us! Hate that everyone always has an opinion.

• Heart

amyy

VIP Member
Still waiting for my waters to be broke then drip apparently can someone help me bcos I’m so scared and nervous now😭 got cannula in ready and I even hate that lol 😫 trying to calm down for the sake of my blood pressure

• Heart
Reactions: 14

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’ve booked a private fetal wellbeing scan for tonight now just for some reassurance. It says they fully check baby and also placenta and cord etc so hopefully that rules out there being an issue.

And then the hospital called to offer me a scan next Thursday (AFTER my planned csection!!). When I kicked off they offered me this afternoon. So he’ll get checked twice today. I thought about cancelling the private scan but the hospital have been so shit that I want that second opinion of a private scan I think.

The only thing I can think is that after 9 days they’re calling your movements a new pattern which isn’t how it works surely.
I thought this, and I probably would accept this as an explanation if it wasn’t also for his HR being so high and scatty or that the movements seem to be reducing every day now 😩

• Heart
  • Wow

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Massive congratulations @watermelon sugar so happy she’s here safely after the past few weeks!! How are you both doing?

You hear that Baby R?!! Baby Watermelon hasn’t messed around!! Get your butt moving!!!

• Haha
  • Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I know this is anon and we’ll not be sharing but I’m desperate to know what baby names people’s have chosen 😂
Me too!! I’d love to be able to share names and a pic when babies arrive. We all spend the best part of 9 months telling each other nearly every detail of our pregnancies, about our scans, our sickness, our leaky nips, aches and pains, stretchy skin, every little worry we have and then it’s like like “ok baby’s here” and that’s it 😭😂

• Heart

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
That’s incredible, so so special ❤ prepare yourself for all of the invasive questions from strangers when you’re out and about! 🤣
Thanks, I’m quite looking forward to giving some very awkward answers due to our somewhat unconventional situation

I am a surrogate for my cousin who is unable to conceive naturally due to previous cancer treatments. Thankfully they were able to freeze several embryos before she started treatment but she won’t be able to carry them.

• Heart

Lioness1

Chatty Member
I’m sick of seeing influencers being gifted multiple baby items they don’t even need and will never use because they have three of them!!!

• Heart

yankydoo

Chatty Member
I’ve not had a scan yet 😬 My first will be my 12 week one next week. For me it’s a mixture of reasons. I was away in another country just after I found out and then husband stayed on for an extra two weeks. By the time he was back it was 3ish weeks until the scan. Plus it’s my first pregnancy and I’ve not had anything concerning happening. Also I’m totally one of those people who would rather not face consequences until I absolutely have to and am content to think everything is fine until I’m told otherwise. I obviously totally get everyone’s reasons for having them and I’ve already decided I want an early private gender reveal scan.

• Heart