Pregnancy #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no! Do I need to get a mattress protector? 😂 my waters didn’t break with my first, I actually don’t even know when they did go. Right before baby came out I think, they kept saying the head was there but the water was still in front but I don’t remember them gushing out or anything 😂 I just always think they’ll go when I’m walking round Asda or something

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh no! Do I need to get a mattress protector? 😂 my waters didn’t break with my first, I actually don’t even know when they did go. Right before baby came out I think, they kept saying the head was there but the water was still in front but I don’t remember them gushing out or anything 😂 I just always think they’ll go when I’m walking round Asda or something
Yes get a mattress protector just incase 🤣 I think if mine go in bed I’ll spend the entire time I’m in hospital worrying about the mess and wet bed when I get home because I know Mr R will be useless. Doesn’t even know the difference between a sheet and a duvet cover nevermind how to sort out a soaked bed 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Haha yeah I just have visions of me waters going at like 3am and my fella trying to cart me off to the hospital and me shouting ‘but I need to fix the mattresssssssss!!!!!!!’ so I’ve got a mattress protector, and doubled it up with nappies 🤣

• Haha
Sorry to ask here and not the skincare thread- but I wanted to know what pregnancy safe moisturiser you’re all using on your faces please? Plus any other skin care. Thank you 🩷
I’ve just cut out and Vit A/Retinol as it’s a proven no-no.
I’ve used Weleda moisturisers as they’re pretty natural and an Elemis one I had already.
Haven’t bothered using any devices I like laser hair removal or nuface.
Drastically reduced salicylic and glycolic acid but still use the occasional mask as pregnancy plays havoc with my skin. I still use Vit C and transexamic to combat pregnancy melasma.
Switched to a shower oil to help the itchy skin.

Pregnancy skin care is a relatively new concept, because people are using so many strong actives, so information is limited. In most cases the absorption is so low, it’s a ‘we don’t really think it’s a problem but don’t know so best avoid to be on the safe side’ then companies are running with it as a marketing tool but i’d generally avoid actives unless you specifically need them and go for a basic formula.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Had my dating scan today and all is looking okay so that’s made my day much better🥰

Bloody hell they don’t half pile on the information and appointments, so I went from happy to happy but very overwhelmed very quickly 🥴😂
Me too, I found my 12 week appointment so overwhelming!! The lady doing my scan was doing a hard sell on the NIPT — totally freaked me out, ended up in tears when I was with consultant. Actually nothing the told me has really had any relevance..

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ve just cut out and Vit A/Retinol as it’s a proven no-no.
I’ve used Weleda moisturisers as they’re pretty natural and an Elemis one I had already.
Haven’t bothered using any devices I like laser hair removal or nuface.
Drastically reduced salicylic and glycolic acid but still use the occasional mask as pregnancy plays havoc with my skin. I still use Vit C and transexamic to combat pregnancy melasma.
Switched to a shower oil to help the itchy skin.

Pregnancy skin care is a relatively new concept, because people are using so many strong actives, so information is limited. In most cases the absorption is so low, it’s a ‘we don’t really think it’s a problem but don’t know so best avoid to be on the safe side’ then companies are running with it as a marketing tool but i’d generally avoid actives unless you specifically need them and go for a basic formula.
thank you so much! I’m super paranoid after a couple of MC’s (even though obviously it wasn’t my skin care that caused them) but I found when I was pregnant before it was only for a short time and also I needed skin care waaaay less. My poor skin is so dry now and is not looking good 😂

Joining you all 🤍
We had a miscarriage, 6 weeks later I fell pregnant with our 🌈

I have been a bit in denial, in fear of something going wrong (we’ve had 4 losses). But hoping some anxiety eases now we are in the second trimester.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Joining you all 🤍

I have been a bit in denial, in fear of something going wrong (we’ve had 4 losses). But hoping some anxiety eases now we are in the second trimester.
Congratulations 🥰

• Heart
I had my first booking appointment yesterday and thought it went okay. I’ve just checked my notes online and I’ve been changed to high risk and consultant led? None of that was mentioned and when we left she said it was low.
the comments she’s put is that I’ve had a previous cervical biopsy for CIN2 which then cleared after a year or two, but still HPV+

Can anyway shed some light on why this is an issue? She even went and checked with somebody higher up and said it wouldn’t be an issue.
so my notes have been reviewed and I’ve been changed back to midwife led as I’ve never had any treatment! Panic over 🤣 I need to stop checking my notes ha
---
Joining you all 🤍

congratulations 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Joining you all 🤍

Congratulations and welcome! X

• Heart
Had my booking appointment today (8+5) all went fine, she said I’ll be high risk due to IVF/multiples but they’ll confirm more once I have the dating scan and they confirm type of twins (almost certainly DCDA/fraternal twins due to the circumstances)
Interesting chatting to her about surrogacy, she said it’s quite rare in our area, I suppose I never really thought about it before we started our journey.
Dating scan booked in for 20th May when I’ll be 12+1 but I think we are going to book a private one around 10w to see how they are both doing, it feels so long since the last scan and it’s been less than 2 weeks 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Joining you all 🤍

Similar! I fell pregnant two weeks later… after having sex one time 😂. 21 weeks now

• Heart
Does anyone else feel like their bump hasn't grown in weeks, but it suddenly feels really heavy? I'm nearly 20 weeks and I still don't look pregnant, just look like I've eaten too much bread and pasta, but I'm suddenly so uncomfortable 😣

• Heart
Can I ask if they dated you from your loss?
I’m just in a similar position and measuring a week behind but heartbeat visible
No I don’t think so? I never had a period after the MC to do the usual calculations, we had sex on the 8th Dec so use that as the date of conception and I’m 20/21 weeks according to that and the NHS

Has anyone has pain in their lower leg? I've got this shooting pain up the front of my leg and it's so sore, I've been pretty achy all day so probs just something normal but it's SO annoying.
I've also got shoulder pain and lower back pain, pregnancy ey, it's all fun and games 😂😩

• Heart
Has anyone has pain in their lower leg? I've got this shooting pain up the front of my leg and it's so sore, I've been pretty achy all day so probs just something normal but it's SO annoying.
I've also got shoulder pain and lower back pain, pregnancy ey, it's all fun and games 😂😩
I think that's the only body part of mine that doesn't hurt...yet 😅

• Haha
Does anyone else feel like their bump hasn't grown in weeks, but it suddenly feels really heavy? I'm nearly 20 weeks and I still don't look pregnant, just look like I've eaten too much bread and pasta, but I'm suddenly so uncomfortable 😣
I think we’re at the most similar point in the thread in terms of weeks. This is where I’m at the min the pic is from the 14th April. I do finally look pregnant, but I still look the exact same now. It’s just not getting bigger. And yes I have just given up with a bra I’m so past the point of caring.. and hair straighteners apparently

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I had no bump with my first pregnancy, it popped out a little at 24 weeks and got bigger from 30 weeks onwards but you still get the heavy feeling! This time at 21 weeks I feel huge, my husband told me I was big all over earlier which was great 😂 boobs hitting the belly, can’t breath 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.