Pregnancy #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahh here we are again, my next can’t sleep question….

I’m due 4th September and I have a family wedding two weeks later and a friends the week after that. I keep saying to my husband I don’t know if I’ll be going (it’s his aunts) because it’ll be so soon after giving birth I don’t know if I’ll be up for it and I’ll also feel like tit dress wise with a whole new post partum body! Would you go soon after giving birth? Assuming I go on time and I’m not overdue!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You’re the best thank you! I didn’t even see the Jersey in the options 😂 my baby brain is in full swing lol
I’m actually going to re-buy it in the jersey I love it that much overall, if I can’t find a suitable pillow case that’ll fit it. Annoyingly they won’t sell just the jersey pillow case :(
---

I’m due 4th September and I have a family wedding two weeks later and a friends the week after that. I keep saying to my husband I don’t know if I’ll be going (it’s his aunts) because it’ll be so soon after giving birth I don’t know if I’ll be up for it and I’ll also feel like tit dress wise with a whole new post partum body! Would you go soon after giving birth? Assuming I go on time and I’m not overdue!
Similar issue - also same due date! But mines abroad in Marrakesh in Nov. It’s my auntie’s wedding as well, and she’s essentially my mum figure instead of my actual mum so I feel really guilty. But my answer to her currently is just I can’t give one until baby is born. How do I know how I’m going to feel beforehand, how I’m gonna cope, how good of a routine baby is gonna be in. Also being abroad I won’t have my home comforts, his actual crib/steriliser/etc so that makes me super uncomfortable. It would probably only be me if I do go - not bf and baby. And I don’t really want to go for long and leave baby either, trying to weigh up if I can do it in 24hrs there and back 😂. I truly think you’ll just have to see. Are you able to pro-long answering? Like he can say yes for now and you’ll decide later? Obviously not the best answer in case she needs numbers, but also the most fair answer to you. Body wise you could always do a flowy maxi, and no one has the right anyway to think or say tit - you’ll have quite literally just give birth!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Oh no, abroad is even worse! It’s so hard to know how you’re going to be by then! This wedding isn’t far from us and it’s at 3pm so it shouldn’t be too much of a long day. I’d be taking baby so don’t know if I want everyone fussing over the newborn! They haven’t even sent the invites yet so I don’t need to let them know right now.

My mum’s 60th was two weeks after my first was born and she threw a very last minute party. I had a minor breakdown because I had nothing to wear and nothing I had fitted me so I ended up going in leggings and a hoodie. At least with this I have some time to get things to try on and see what suits for pp.

Reactions: 1

I’d say no and be firmly stuck on the sofa in my loungewear for the one 2 weeks after due date! There’s no way I’d either want to be sat around on potentially stitches or at the very least very very sore or with a recovering csection wound. The friends I’d decide on in the week before but I’d maybe go for a couple of hours in the evening rather than the full day, depending on how close of a friend they are.
---
I’m actually going to re-buy it in the jersey I love it that much overall, if I can’t find a suitable pillow case that’ll fit it. Annoyingly they won’t sell just the jersey pillow case :(
---

Similar issue - also same due date! But mines abroad in Marrakesh in Nov. It’s my auntie’s wedding as well, and she’s essentially my mum figure instead of my actual mum so I feel really guilty. But my answer to her currently is just I can’t give one until baby is born. How do I know how I’m going to feel beforehand, how I’m gonna cope, how good of a routine baby is gonna be in. Also being abroad I won’t have my home comforts, his actual crib/steriliser/etc so that makes me super uncomfortable. It would probably only be me if I do go - not bf and baby. And I don’t really want to go for long and leave baby either, trying to weigh up if I can do it in 24hrs there and back 😂. I truly think you’ll just have to see. Are you able to pro-long answering? Like he can say yes for now and you’ll decide later? Obviously not the best answer in case she needs numbers, but also the most fair answer to you. Body wise you could always do a flowy maxi, and no one has the right anyway to think or say tit - you’ll have quite literally just give birth!!!
Oh god this would be so difficult too! 😩 would you even get a passport for baby in time if you all decided to go?

• Heart
Does anyone else just hate night time now?? I go to sleep filled with dread because I know I’m going to be waking up constantly for the toilet, cos I’m uncomfortable, cos something hurts, and that I will probably be awake for hours at some point 😭 I’ve just accepted my fate I’m not going to have a good nights sleep again for a good few years 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Does anyone else just hate night time now?? I go to sleep filled with dread because I know I’m going to be waking up constantly for the toilet, cos I’m uncomfortable, cos something hurts, and that I will probably be awake for hours at some point 😭 I’ve just accepted my fate I’m not going to have a good nights sleep again for a good few years 😂
Same 🤣 my husband keeps saying how bad he feels for me because he can see how uncomfortable I am. I’m peeing about 6 times a night, huffing and puffing and tossing and turning because I can’t get comfy 😭 the insomnia has kicked in and only achieved about 3 hours sleep total last night. I was sat on the edge of the bed on the verge of tears, just feeling so fed up.

He asked me when the last time was I had a good nights sleep and my answer was our honeymoon 4.5 years ago 🤣 (around the time we conceived our first!)

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I think you need to see how you feel afterwards, especially if it’s local. Two weeks pp I was tired but able to walk round our local national trust. I’d send husband on the provision he can’t get twatted and then maybe go to the ceremony only. I don’t think you can know now?

also @Laughalong Marrakech is the one place my husband has said he would never go back to. I don’t think I’d be happy taking a newborn who probably wouldn’t even have had their jabs yet. Could you take your aunt out for a nice lunch before or afterwards? (That’s if you even get a passport in time as someone else mentioned).

I’ve been invited to a wedding a week after I’m due and i feel really guilty because it’s a close family member but I was just honest with her and said I really don’t think I’ll be feeling up to it and I wouldn’t be comfortable leaving my new baby so soon after birth, but I also wouldn’t want to bring him and have so many people fussing and wanting to hold him, especially when people will be drinking etc. She was really understanding and absolutely fine about it.

I’ve also been invited to an anniversary party 2 weeks after he’s due and I’ve said the same thing and they’ve been understanding too. I think the best thing is just to be honest, if you don’t think you want to go there’s nothing wrong in saying that. You have to put yourself and baby first :)

one of them actually said she really appreciated the early honesty rather than being flakey and saying “oh I’m not sure I’ll see”

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Re weddings, I’d bow out of the day and say I’d try to make the evening, or attend the ceremony but leave after. Day guests cost a lot per head if getting fed so I'd hate to cancel last min and cost them. I don’t think I’d be travelling abroad alone within 8 weeks if it were avoidable.

I use the Better You magnesium muscle spray on my legs last night, it didn't go well. Prickly and itchy all night even after washing off. I don’t usually react to anything on my body but that is not for me 😕
Weighted blanket arriving today 🤞🏼

• Sad
Re weddings, I’d bow out of the day and say I’d try to make the evening, or attend the ceremony but leave after. Day guests cost a lot per head if getting fed so I'd hate to cancel last min and cost them. I don’t think I’d be travelling abroad alone within 8 weeks if it were avoidable.

I use the Better You magnesium muscle spray on my legs last night, it didn't go well. Prickly and itchy all night even after washing off. I don’t usually react to anything on my body but that is not for me 😕
Weighted blanket arriving today 🤞🏼

I tried the Better You magnesium spray a few months ago and it was awful! Felt like my legs were burning and ended up having to shower it off. Even then it felt like it was still on my skin 🥲 I’m so fed up of the restless legs 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I’ve been invited to a wedding a week after I’m due and i feel really guilty because it’s a close family member but I was just honest with her and said I really don’t think I’ll be feeling up to it and I wouldn’t be comfortable leaving my new baby so soon after birth, but I also wouldn’t want to bring him and have so many people fussing and wanting to hold him, especially when people will be drinking etc. She was really understanding and absolutely fine about it.

I’ve also been invited to an anniversary party 2 weeks after he’s due and I’ve said the same thing and they’ve been understanding too. I think the best thing is just to be honest, if you don’t think you want to go there’s nothing wrong in saying that. You have to put yourself and baby first :)

one of them actually said she really appreciated the early honesty rather than being flakey and saying “oh I’m not sure I’ll see”
This is what I was thinking. After my first baby I was completely fine, I’m hoping I’m the same this time but second baby and a toddler - I’ll no doubt be a lot different at least energy wise 😂 I don’t want to go and everyone wants a hold of the baby, can’t think of anything worse and it’s in a hotel so one of these weddings you need to leave the ceremony room whilst they set it all up for dinner then go back in again so I can’t be bothered with moving about with a baby either.

I had a similar scenario for my own wedding. My friend was due the same week and she kept telling me she was coming but I knew she would be exhausted and told her just to say no and if she could make the ceremony only then that would be fine. She ended up not coming at all so I was glad we didn’t have the wasted costs of meals etc.

I dread to think how those of you further along are coping when even at half way there with a teeny bump I can no longer get comfy at night, wake up what feels like every 20/30 mins and have finally come to the conclusion that lying down is no longer any fun or comfortable whatsoever. Oh well I guess at least I'll be used to broken sleep when baby is here.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I dread to think how those of you further along are coping when even at half way there with a teeny bump I can no longer get comfy at night, wake up what feels like every 20/30 mins and have finally come to the conclusion that lying down is no longer any fun or comfortable whatsoever. Oh well I guess at least I'll be used to broken sleep when baby is here.
In the same boat here 😫 up at least three times a night for a wee and then tossing and turning all night. I dread to think what it’s like with an actual big bump
---

Totally agree, I’d never expect any of my friends to be able to come to anything around or even close to their due date, who knows what could happen or how they’d be feeling, im sure most people will understand! We’ve been invited to an overseas wedding in March next year when baby would be 4 months and I’ve declined it..! Also declined travelling on a long weekend a month before baby arrives. Just don’t think it would be enjoyable and I’d be worried about being away from home.

• Heart
I feel like my belly didn’t really grow much until about 20 weeks and now (26) its rapidly expanding by the day.. I just need it to slow down for another week as we have a BIG event next weekend and my dress was SNUG when I tried it last week 👀👀

I’d have appreciated people being up front and declining their invites way ahead of time because it means you can invite someone else in their place, rather than having someone drop out after you’ve confirmed numbers and paid for food and then it’s a bit late to add someone else on without looking like they were an afterthought 🤣 but also I’m very laid back whereas I know some people can get funny about everything and anything wedding related 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think you need to see how you feel afterwards, especially if it’s local. Two weeks pp I was tired but able to walk round our local national trust. I’d send husband on the provision he can’t get twatted and then maybe go to the ceremony only. I don’t think you can know now?

also @Laughalong Marrakech is the one place my husband has said he would never go back to. I don’t think I’d be happy taking a newborn who probably wouldn’t even have had their jabs yet. Could you take your aunt out for a nice lunch before or afterwards? (That’s if you even get a passport in time as someone else mentioned).
You’re completely right. For someone who’s obsessed with plane germs, and just in general germs - what am I thinking!!! I don’t want to expose baby to that, nor do I want to go on my own and bring any back. Can’t believe it’s taken someone else saying it out loud. Thank you!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was in tescos this morning and saw so many beautiful clothes for baby girls, got excited to look at the boys section to find 2 rows of crap stuff 😂 didn’t end up getting him anything but I did get myself a nice flowy summer dress (if we ever get any warm weather that is). I sized up so it should fit the bump nicely.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was in tescos this morning and saw so many beautiful clothes for baby girls, got excited to look at the boys section to find 2 rows of crap stuff 😂 didn’t end up getting him anything but I did get myself a nice flowy summer dress (if we ever get any warm weather that is). I sized up so it should fit the bump nicely.
I’ve been really disappointed by the clothes everywhere the past few weeks. We’re done on newborn/0-3 stuff but I was hoping to pick up some cute summery boy bits but I can’t find anything. It’s either so cutesy it looks more suitable for girls (Peter rabbit can you go away please 😂) or it’s covered in tractors & dinosaurs. I don’t mind the odd dinosaur etc, but I don’t want it being his entire wardrobe. Same with stuff with big slogans or phrases on. “Cool dude” etc. Also loads of navy, black and grey?! Where’s the summery colours, bright stuff, the reds, greens etc? 😭

I’ve been really disappointed by the clothes everywhere the past few weeks. We’re done on newborn/0-3 stuff but I was hoping to pick up some cute summery boy bits but I can’t find anything. It’s either so cutesy it looks more suitable for girls (Peter rabbit can you go away please 😂) or it’s covered in tractors & dinosaurs. I don’t mind the odd dinosaur etc, but I don’t want it being his entire wardrobe. Same with stuff with big slogans or phrases on. “Cool dude” etc. Also loads of navy, black and grey?! Where’s the summery colours, bright stuff, the reds, greens etc? 😭
I seen some nice plain shorts and tshirt sets in matalan in like brighter blues and lovely dungarees in greens and brighter blues and stripey. I've been saying to my mum how hard it is though I feel like shops have all summer stuff out for girls and boys it still looks like winter!

Reactions: 2
I seen some nice plain shorts and tshirt sets in matalan in like brighter blues and lovely dungarees in greens and brighter blues and stripey. I've been saying to my mum how hard it is though I feel like shops have all summer stuff out for girls and boys it still looks like winter!
I’ll have a look, thanks 😁

It is so hard! Someone needs to start a shop for baby boy clothes that aren’t covered in tractors, dinosaurs or lions and have a bit of colour in them! I bet most boy mums have the same struggle.

• Heart
I’ll have a look, thanks 😁

It is so hard! Someone needs to start a shop for baby boy clothes that aren’t covered in tractors, dinosaurs or lions and have a bit of colour in them! I bet most boy mums have the same struggle.
Some of my best bits have been from Next, though it’s not the cheapest and you do still have to sort thought lots of vehicles and dinosaurs. They do have some brightly coloured little body suits that make a difference from 12 shades of blue!
https://www.next.co.uk/style/su042650/403035#403035

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.