Pregnancy #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we’re at the most similar point in the thread in terms of weeks. This is where I’m at the min the pic is from the 14th April. I do finally look pregnant, but I still look the exact same now. It’s just not getting bigger. And yes I have just given up with a bra I’m so past the point of caring.. and hair straighteners apparently
You look great! But yes I feel my bump is so similar, I keep wearing the same few tighter dresses to work to try and make my stomach look more like a bump rather than the little buldge I get with anything less fitted.
---
I had no bump with my first pregnancy, it popped out a little at 24 weeks and got bigger from 30 weeks onwards but you still get the heavy feeling! This time at 21 weeks I feel huge, my husband told me I was big all over earlier which was great 😂 boobs hitting the belly, can’t breath 😂
I was saying something earlier this evening about how I'm not thin anymore, my partner said "you are still thin, but you're just bulbous too now"
Bulbous!! They really do know how to make us feel better don't they, not 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hey guys any recommendations for pregnancy pillow? (I’m plus size if that helps)
Really struggling to decide on which one would be the best 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hey guys any recommendations for pregnancy pillow? (I’m plus size if that helps)
Really struggling to decide on which one would be the best 🤔
I got the BBHUGME after @raspberryjuice reccomended it so highly! Couldn't reccomend it more myself, my partner sleeps with it too now when I get up early 😂😂
It's deffo expensive but for how long you use it I think it's so so worth it.
I'm also plus size and I like that it's like bean bag material if that makes sense, cos I got a cheap one with my last pregnancy and it went flat dead quick and this one is amazing in comparison

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I got the BBHUGME after @raspberryjuice reccomended it so highly! Couldn't reccomend it more myself, my partner sleeps with it too now when I get up early 😂😂
It's deffo expensive but for how long you use it I think it's so so worth it.
I'm also plus size and I like that it's like bean bag material if that makes sense, cos I got a cheap one with my last pregnancy and it went flat dead quick and this one is amazing in comparison
I wish I could afford that but I can’t atm 😭 thank you tho! Xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Seconding the recommendation for a BBhugme(even though I’d recommended it to @George01 anyway 🤣). It’s so comfy, and you can adjust the firmness as your needs change through pregnancy. I also have mine firmer between my legs but really soft at the top under my bump/boobs. Worth looking on eBay or vinted if you can’t afford one brand new because the cover is washable and you’ll probably find one much cheaper 😊 it’s honestly the best thing I’ve bought my entire pregnancy and I think I’ll grieve when I have to kick it out of bed and let Mr R back in 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I wish I could afford that but I can’t atm 😭 thank you tho! Xx
This one is £30 on Amazon. I did extensive research for HOURS in terms of reading reviews on quality vs cost, and this one came out on top by a mile. It’s pretty firm which is what I like, it doesn’t sink. All the other cheaper ones got bad reviews, apart from this one. My advice would be to spend the extra £10 on the jersey cover one though, purely as the velvet can get slightly hot.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
This one is £30 on Amazon. I did extensive research for HOURS in terms of reading reviews on quality vs cost, and this one came out on top by a mile. It’s pretty firm which is what I like, it doesn’t sink. All the other cheaper ones got bad reviews, apart from this one. My advice would be to spend the extra £10 on the jersey cover one though, purely as the velvet can get slightly hot.
I’ve got this in my basket ready to buy soon. I’m glad you recommended it and good tip about the cover.

• Heart
I’m in such a panic 😑 I’ve accidentally eaten some undercooked turkey (still completely pink, not even slightly). Probably only a mouthful worth before I realised. But then googled food poisoning and pregnancy and now im panicking so much. There’s obviously no point calling anyone unless I get food poisoning symptoms but I don’t know what else to do. I’m normally so careful but it’s something I eat a lot and cooked it for the same amount of time as normal so just assumed it would be ok without checking. Arghhhhh 😩

• Sad
Thank you! I will have a look, any chance of a link for the pillow case please? Thank you Xx

Hey just wondering what type of bra people are wearing atm. I'm 31 weeks and wearing a no wire nursing one I got from amazon a while ago but I feel like it makes me look so saggy.. not very flattering at all. I need one with a bit of a support but is still comfortable!!

Hey just wondering what type of bra people are wearing atm. I'm 31 weeks and wearing a no wire nursing one I got from amazon a while ago but I feel like it makes me look so saggy.. not very flattering at all. I need one with a bit of a support but is still comfortable!!
I’ve got M&S maternity bras. They’re not the most flattering to look at but they’re padded (removal padding) so I find they give a better look through my top rather than looking saggy. They’re really comfy!
https://www.marksandspencer.com/santoni-non-wired-plunge-nursing-bra/p/clp60376230
I have some other M&S ones too that look more bra like but I can’t find them online. And some Calvin Klein crop tops I had before pregnancy, they’re a bit stretched now tho 😅

Reactions: 2
I’m in such a panic 😑 I’ve accidentally eaten some undercooked turkey (still completely pink, not even slightly). Probably only a mouthful worth before I realised. But then googled food poisoning and pregnancy and now im panicking so much. There’s obviously no point calling anyone unless I get food poisoning symptoms but I don’t know what else to do. I’m normally so careful but it’s something I eat a lot and cooked it for the same amount of time as normal so just assumed it would be ok without checking. Arghhhhh 😩
I’d be tempted to throw it up if I could, but don’t panic.
Did it come straight from the fridge and was it cooking long? The longer it’s sat at a mid temp (like roasting) the more the bacteria can multiply, whereas if it was fridge to 10 mins of frying then eaten for instance there’s less chance.

These give the lift and shape but no wire. They do a similar design in A-D in Lacey and nice colours but they’re much more push up as they’re less coverage, more balconette.

• Heart
I’d be tempted to throw it up if I could, but don’t panic.
Did it come straight from the fridge and was it cooking long? The longer it’s sat at a mid temp (like roasting) the more the bacteria can multiply, whereas if it was fridge to 10 mins of frying then eaten for instance there’s less chance.
Frozen to preheated oven for 20 mins. I’ve cooked the same thing 1000 times and never had an issue so I’m assuming I didn’t turn the oven up enough this time 😭 I’m hoping because it was frozen that should have killed most of the bacteria anyway?!

I feel like drinking loads of water to flush your system would aid. Really don’t think one mouthful will be anything though xx

• Heart
I’ll do that! I’ve been guzzling water anyway hoping to flush it through but I’ll drink even more. I’m hoping 1 mouthful won’t do anything but Google has sent me in to such a panic 🙈 I’m normally so, so careful. Especially with chicken and turkey. I’m the person that sits in restaurants checking my chicken with my phone torch for any hint of pink 🙈 I feel so stupid. The one day my HG seems to be ok too, normally dinner would be thrown up way before now 😂🙈

• Heart
Frozen to preheated oven for 20 mins. I’ve cooked the same thing 1000 times and never had an issue so I’m assuming I didn’t turn the oven up enough this time 😭 I’m hoping because it was frozen that should have killed most of the bacteria anyway?!
I did my food hygiene a long time about but iirc that sounds like best case. Salmonella isn’t killed by freezing but it can’t multiply and it’s unlikely to have been present anyway. Then in 20 mins from frozen, to have the chance to multiply enough for one bite to cause a big problem… I think you’ll be fine x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I did my food hygiene a long time about but iirc that sounds like best case. Salmonella isn’t killed by freezing but it can’t multiply and it’s unlikely to have been present anyway. Then in 20 mins from frozen, to have the chance to multiply enough for one bite to cause a big problem… I think you’ll be fine x
Thank you ❤ I’ve done my food hygiene as part of my role at work but obviously in my blind panic it’s all gone out of my head 🙈 I even tore my work stuff apart just now trying to find my notes from the course even though they were probably binned years ago. I think that sounds right to me too though, that frozen to oven is likely to be best case when it comes to undercooked meat. And now I’m a bit calmer I do think I ate so little that it’s not going to cause any major issues either way. I hope so anyway. Obviously every movement of my stomach right now is making me worry even though it’s just baby having his nightly rave 😅 but I’m much calmer now. Thank you 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you ❤ I’ve done my food hygiene as part of my role at work but obviously in my blind panic it’s all gone out of my head 🙈 I even tore my work stuff apart just now trying to find my notes from the course even though they were probably binned years ago. I think that sounds right to me too though, that frozen to oven is likely to be best case when it comes to undercooked meat. And now I’m a bit calmer I do think I ate so little that it’s not going to cause any major issues either way. I hope so anyway. Obviously every movement of my stomach right now is making me worry even though it’s just baby having his nightly rave 😅 but I’m much calmer now. Thank you 😊
Ultimately you’re also quite far into your pregnancy too! I think it would be so much more worrying to me if you were in the first trimester xx

• Heart
This is the link directly to the grey one (the jersey material). All the other colours are in the velvet which is the material which makes me warm! It comes with the pillow + cover in one xx https://amzn.eu/d/65K95HO
You’re the best thank you! I didn’t even see the Jersey in the options 😂 my baby brain is in full swing lol

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.