Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tazzie

Chatty Member
I've just gone to get more asprin from Boots and the pharmacy counter lady refused to sell it to me when she realised I was pregnant. I told her I can show her my maternity care notes where the midwives and doctor have told me I have to take 150mg daily for my placenta but she still refused me. Fuming!
Mine is on prescription so maybe you need a prescription?

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
Baby greenfly arrived on Wednesday 3rd April via unplanned c-section following an induction at that failed to progress. Absolutely in love with our beautiful baby boy.

I have had the most wonderful experience and stay in hospital because of the midwives. Never have I felt so supported by a group of women I have never met. Those who are nearly there and those who are just starting this journey, lean on your midwives, ask them all the questions, be vulnerable, they are so invaluable.
Congratulations!

Hashtagnotspon

Chatty Member
Any one tired in their second trimester? I feel like I'm more exhausted now at 18w than in my first trimester. Can barely keep my eyes open past 8pm.

anotheronebitesthedust.1

[/QUOT
Hi!

Just wondering if anyone had a list of must buys for a newborn for a first time mum?
Also I'm due to give birth in July where the temperatures will be 35+ any tips on must buys for newborn babies in how temperatures?
There’s a lot of charts out there on what togs and outfits to use for newborns depending on the temp

George01

Chatty Member
Hi, did any of you conceive whilst you were drunk? Does it affect the baby in any way? 😞
I conceived the beginning of October and had nights away towards the end for my birthday where bottles of champagne and gin were drank haha, as long as you stop when you find out you'll be OK

Lexi88

What pram is everyone getting? I am so torn which one to get, I really want the iCandy Peach 7 travel system but the price is putting me off! Is it worth spending more for the travel system or are some of the cheaper options just as good? I'm planning on going somewhere like Mamas & Papas to try prams out so I can test them in person.

AL10

VIP Member
When did you guys start buying stuff? I’m a bit scared to buy anything if I’m honest just incase

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Those who’ve done colostrum harvesting - how on earth do you get it in the syringe?? I can get it out but I can’t get a single drop in a syringe 😂

littlepup

VIP Member
this is really helpful, thank you!

I was sent home with oromorph after my emergency c-sec! Is that not standard?!
I didn’t get anything but the injections to take home and as @odetotheseaweed says you can only buy 32 paracetamol or ibruprofen at a time and need about 6 of each a day so I’ve been stocking up just in case. Last time the in laws drove around all the supermarkets for me, bless them.

My issue is I’m happy with a section but I want to go into labour naturally when my body starts that hormone release and that would put me under the emergency team (and baby could come before I get there). I know that’s stupid because early labour can happen at anytime so it doesn’t work like “baby’s ready” but it just seems bizarre that baby is chilling away and suddenly they’re out. I also enjoyed the early labour part.
Again, I know it’s silly but the two days before my due date have negative connotations for me and an elective could avoid those days. But a vbac could mean less recovery time, I’d be able to drive sooner, there are benefits to baby but who knows if I could tear badly or worse, end up with lasting problems. But then the section could have complications too.
Baby keeps turning breech and their head measured big last scan so if that continues I’ll not go for turning and book the elective, I also don’t want to induction, but at the moment, with no deciding factors, I’m just swinging back and forth.

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
Can anyone who had a c-section remember how long you have to keep the compression socks on for? I thought it was at least a week - google is giving me everything from to not at all to 6 weeks!
I was thinking of maybe buying some black or zipped ones if it's a while.
I never wore compression socks at all! I have no idea if it varies by trust? I did have these annoying pump things strapped to my feet during surgery?🤣 Unsure if that’s standard or a new alternative to the socks?

Lioness1

Chatty Member
Asda has the best neutrals I’ve seen out of all the supermarkets
I’ve just ordered a few sleepsuits from Asda! Asda is where I got everything last time, their stuff is great! Just seen they had some white zipper suits back in so got them before they sell out!

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Has anyone got an at home baby heart rate doppler thingy? I'm just constantly anxious at the moment so wondering if that would be a good way to give a bit of peace of mind.

littlepup

VIP Member
4D scans. WTW and Ultrasound direct both offer a standard or premium version. WTW is £110 vs £135, UD is £85 vs £130. You get extras like a teddy bear, video, magnets with the premium that I'm not fussed on and wouldn't really pay extra for but the big difference is that it's 5 mins scan time vs 10 mins.
How long would you want/need? Is the ten mins worth it or is it kind of just going over what you've seen? 5 Mins seems so brief though. I'm not hurting for money but don't want to pay potentially £50 more if it's if it's just sort of a bit awkward with family all standing watching for ten mins.
Any advice please?

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Baby greenfly arrived on Wednesday 3rd April via unplanned c-section following an induction at that failed to progress. Absolutely in love with our beautiful baby boy.

I have had the most wonderful experience and stay in hospital because of the midwives. Never have I felt so supported by a group of women I have never met. Those who are nearly there and those who are just starting this journey, lean on your midwives, ask them all the questions, be vulnerable, they are so invaluable.
Congratulations 💙💙