Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

aggytha

VIP Member
The PGP has started bad for me!!!

I am already with physio because I have EDS/hypermobility. But my next appointment isn't for a few weeks.

I am struggling to walk it's been that bad. Is there any point you should be concerned? Is it best to talk to Dr or midwife?

Any tips for managing it?
I have EDS/hypermobility too. No advice unfortunately, I was completely unable to walk from 36 weeks as my PGP and hips were so bad. I also couldn’t get any help or physio as we were in lockdown. If you’re under women’s health physio on the NHS contact them and tell them you’re really suffering and need a sooner appointment.

Sitting on a pregnancy ball can really help relieve pressure, also be very aware of your posture when you’re sitting on the sofa etc. Sometimes a belly band can help but I find mine gives me braxton hicks 🙃

I’m not sure how you are planning on delivering, but if you have a vaginal birth PLEASE tell them no if at any point they want you to put your legs in stirrups.

Laughalong

VIP Member
I have loved cheese and onion walkers this pregnancy, despite the fact before I’d got pregnant I literally never ate them, as in it would be 5+ years as I’d never buy them or eat them if I saw them. Now I’m obsessed. Also those fizzy strawberry belt sweets that you can get in the supermarket own brand sweet section for like 50p. So tangy. Love it.

panini

VIP Member
I don’t have any exemption letters yet and I have seen the midwife. I was due to go to the dentist in Feb but, had to cancel due to my sickness. I’m going on Tuesday and have let them know I’m pregnant. They said they would just get me to fill in new forms. No idea how it’s supposed to work if they only go by certain weeks. Tell them you’re pregnant and see what they say?
I’m sure I had to show them my form and they took my certificate number.

AL10

VIP Member
I don’t know too much about preeclampsia but the one certainty for getting GD is having a placenta 😆 it is completely out of your control. You could be the pillar of health and still get it unfortunately! X
Oh I see! I didn’t realise it was just because of the placenta, that makes me feel a bit better 😂x

Lioness1

Chatty Member
Has everyone gone with a wifi camera or just normal? I know about the supposed risks of a wifi camera being hacked, but I liked the idea of my boyfriend being able to see the baby when he’s at work. He’s a bit soft like that and would probs watch it all day 🤣

We’ll probably get the vtech wifi one anyway and then decide. I just think it’s minuscule the overall risk.
We had a BT one last time, still have it but not sure if we will even use it because I didn’t think it was that great. If we do get one it definitely won’t be a wifi one. We recently had our wifi hacked and found out people were using it for dodgy stuff, no idea how it happened because we consider ourselves very tech savvy and aware of passwords etc but my husband also has this house with everything linked up to smart things for turning on the tv and lights etc so I guess it’s easier to get in through these things. I wouldn’t trust using a wifi one now but also, the risk is probably very, very minor!
---
There’s professional pram cleaning services where they fully sterilise and deep clean it and get most stains out. Google / facebook search one close to you. Of course this isn’t a great idea if they regularly babysit

I’d also be having a word about it if you haven’t already… that’s really rude and unacceptable!!
I’ve said to them before and they deny it’s them that does anything 😂 I’m going to be telling them if they look after this next baby they can buy a cheap pram themselves that they can keep at their house.

Last edited:

yankydoo

Chatty Member
I self referred to my preferred maternity hospital/ unit at around 4 weeks and all the communication has been by email. I got confirmation of the referral straight away and the first appointment came through about 1.5 weeks later. It’s scheduled for when I’ll be around 8 weeks.

aggytha

VIP Member
Thankyou!
I will definitely give them a call on Monday and see if we can bring it forward.

If I tried my legs in stirrups my hip would pop out 🤣

I just really want to avoid finishing work too early. I WFH so hopefully won't be an issue. But my plan is to work till 38 weeks. But if this is now my everyday I'm not sure I'll cope.
yeah, that’s basically what happened to me 🤣 it was worse than any contraction pain! They suggested it because I’d been pushing for 2 hours and wanted to try it as a last resort. It was horrendous 🤪

it’s so difficult, but it’s good you WFH and aren’t on your feet all day. I find it helps if I don’t sit or stay in the same position for too long! At my last physio appointment they noticed one of my hips was higher than the other and with a bit of massage and re-adjustment I found it really helped alleviate some of my pain.

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I'm don't even know how to research nurseries, I googled it, it brought me to my boroughs gov page, and that ended up being a non-existent page. Fab.

I too don't know what my plans are with going back to work. I think I'll have to drop a day or two but I just don't know for sure, or what days. It's an absolute minefield isn't it

Whassupgirl

I’m nine weeks with my second and I feel like I look five months already! So bloated and my jeans don’t fit anymore, is anyone else finding that the second bump is much more dramatic much more quickly?

and will this stop or am I just going to carry on ballooning? 😩

(obviously said with a little humour, I’m obviously very grateful and happy to be in this position)
Im 30 weeks into my second pregnancy and I’ve literally looked 30 weeks since I was about 8 weeks 🤣 the bloat was bloating hard and then it just turned to baby 🤣 everyone says you pop earlier with your second but I was not ready for having to buy maternity clothes at like 10 weeks!

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
Our little one was born last night at 40+4, I had a sweep at 10.30am and baby girl arrived practically 12 hours later surrounded by 4 paramedics and the midwife who had arrived for our home birth after I delivered the head 🤪
It only started at about 8.30/8.45 as I thought it was just cramping and braxton hicks from sweep. Until it wasn’t 🤪 A truly wild/surreal experience but so glad she’s here safe and sound.
Her big sister was super surprised this morning and them meeting was magical ❤
Congratulations! ❤

AL10

VIP Member
Yep it’s entirely placenta and hormone driven. I was super healthy when we conceived, eating well, swimming twice a week and walking everyday but have still ended up with it! If you do end up with it the Gestational Diabetes UK Facebook group is amazing and their website has some good recipes and great advice - what some NHS trusts say is super outdated. Basically eat fewer carbs and if you do have them pair with anything with protein and high fat (eg I can have a small chocolate bar if I eat some slices of cheddar and nuts first, or can tolerate pasta if I have lots of chicken/meatballs/salmon).

Needless to say I’ve stocked up on all the Mini Eggs ready for when I’m finally freeeeeee (2 weeks and 1 day to go if I can’t change my C section date and if he isn’t born before then!)
Thank you for the advice ❤ hope everything goes well soon and you can have the mini eggs asap haha!
---

Sorry I have another question 😂 you guys probably getting sick of me lol

I’m taking 5mg of folic acid and I’ve been taking pregnacare too, I’m not sure if I’m taking too much and should only be taking the folic acid?

I’ve messaged my midwife a few times now and she hasn’t gotten back to me atall for anything, if it wasn’t for you guys and this thread I’d be so blind to everything xx

Last edited:

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
With my second pregnancy I was referred to consultant at 20 weeks due to previous emergency c section, and then opted for an elective c section that time round (had no further consultant input after that) will I need to do the same again if my last section was elective? I’m also 38 now, so will my age tip me into consultant led or are they not fussed as long as you are low risk? Will obviously ask all these questions at my booking appt but haven’t got a date for that yet

For those that have had an elective/planned section, when did you get your date? I have consultant appointment next week when il be nearly 25wks.. just wondered how far in advance they book it. I know it will be around 39 weeks

User767676

I had it! The Gestational Diabetes UK Facebook group (and website) will be your best friend. The community on the Facebook group is so helpful, there were so many people I saw posting there struggling with the diet and food aversions.

I don’t know what advice you’ve been given by the diabetes midwives but some trusts can give quite out of date advice. Basically any carbs need to be paired with fats/protein, so you can have a small amount of chocolate if you eat some cheese and nuts first.

I found I could tolerate the Warburton thin seeded bagels (in green packaging) with Lurpak/Philadelphia and peanut butter or Marmite quite well. Yoghurt will be your new best friend if you can have it - the full fat Greek yoghurt (not Greek style) or Skyr is best. Also protein yoghurts like Lindahl’s Kvarg etc are good.

Any pasta, have lots of meat with it. Be careful with potatoes, sausages. Have lots of eggs. It takes a while to get to grips with everything but you’ll get there ❤
Thank you this is so helpful !

I’ve not been told much yet as my appointments are next week, but want to try and do as much as I can before so will definitely check out the fb group !