Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had so many colds this pregnancy 😭 The only things I had to help were paracetomal and hot water with lemon and honey - which I’m absolutely sick of I’ve had it that much 😂 Get plenty of rest if you can having a cold whilst pregnant is so so rubbish
Thank you, I'll definitely try the hot honey and lemon. It's rubbish feeling this run down isn't it.
Should have heard me at the pharmacy counter though, I blame baby brain for making my words just not work. Explained my symptoms then threw in at the end "oh and I'll be pregnant at the time" 🤦🏻‍♀️😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m thinking of having sushi as a one time treat, but being very careful where from. You’re right, from the likes of Nobu / Sexy Fish it’s not going to be the place that is my downfall. There’s somewhere called One Sushi in Manchester that is a place with a Michelin star chef that I’ve been eyeing up.
I had the worst food poisoning I’ve ever had in my life from sexy fish 😬 was hospitalised

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Having a meltdown this morning because nothing fits me. I’ve been bed bound with my HG so living in pjs but now I’m getting better I’m going to try get out today, but absolutely nothing fits 😂 I got through my first pregnancy in my normal clothes, now I feel massive this time!! Think I’ll be spending the day online shopping, it’s also that awkward time of year when it’s not warm yet so no idea if I should buy dresses or leggings!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone else got this rotten cough/cold thing?
My throat doesn't hurt but it constantly feels irritated like I need to cough to clear it, and full of a cold too. There's little to nothing I can take to help is there? The Boots pharmacist said glycerol for the throat but avoid anything with menthol while pregnant, but the glycerol syrup thing he gave me has not helped me at all.
I’m still so poorly ad fed up. The cough just isn’t going and I’ve pulled all the muscles down the sides of my bump and the slight stomach hernia thing I’m sure is worse from coughing 😩 Plus my pelvic floor is barley hanging on. Nursery has said they have a cough as tummy bug going round again so I think LO can stay home next week and avoid another illness over Easter!
I’ve been looking at various medicines and remedies and there are some you can take in the second and third trimester if the benefit out weights the risk but tbf they aren’t particularly effective.
Honey and pineapple juice are supposed to help naturally, steam inhalation, fruit teas or warm squash/ice cold water can be soothing.
---
Think I’ll be spending the day online shopping, it’s also that awkward time of year when it’s not warm yet so no idea if I should buy dresses or leggings!
These aren’t too bad and fairly cheap https://amzn.eu/d/cWMbwf2

• Heart
Just ordered deliveroo as I’ve had nothing but carbs and crap food for weeks and really wanted a tuna baguette and a smoothie. Was feeling sick but then urgently needed that 😂They only brought me the wrong sandwich which was an egg salad roll which is literally my food nightmare. I nearly cried!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I give in and I'm off to buy ingredients to make pina colada mocktails. Does anyone have any recipe recommendations? Or any other good mocktail suggestions/recipes?

• Heart
Just ordered deliveroo as I’ve had nothing but carbs and crap food for weeks and really wanted a tuna baguette and a smoothie. Was feeling sick but then urgently needed that 😂They only brought me the wrong sandwich which was an egg salad roll which is literally my food nightmare. I nearly cried!
Hope you complained and they’re bringing you the right sandwich!

I give in and I'm off to buy ingredients to make pina colada mocktails. Does anyone have any recipe recommendations? Or any other good mocktail suggestions/recipes?
I don’t know the recipe but when we went for bottomless brunch for a friends birthday I had peach Bellini mocktails and they were nice. Not too sweet like a normal mocktail 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Tentatively joining you all after a run of BFPs the last few days. Currently 8 days post frozen embryo transfer and the lines are looking good! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Tentatively joining you all after a run of BFPs the last few days. Currently 8 days post frozen embryo transfer and the lines are looking good! ❤
Congrats and welcome! X
---
Hope you complained and they’re bringing you the right sandwich!

I don’t know the recipe but when we went for bottomless brunch for a friends birthday I had peach Bellini mocktails and they were nice. Not too sweet like a normal mocktail 😁
Ooh peach Bellini mocktails sound devine.
My ingredient search was a fail anyway, couldn't find any cream of coconut in waitrose or little Tesco 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Oh no! Send Mr Brew to a big Tesco/Asda for your ingredients 😁 just tell him the baby wants it. That works with literally everything on Mr Raspberry. I even had him leave work, go to the shop and pop home with spaghetti hoops for me last weekend when I wanted them for a brief 5 minutes 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh no! Send Mr Brew to a big Tesco/Asda for your ingredients 😁 just tell him the baby wants it. That works with literally everything on Mr Raspberry. I even had him leave work, go to the shop and pop home with spaghetti hoops for me last weekend when I wanted them for a brief 5 minutes 🤣

And you didn’t even eat them 😂

• Haha
They’re still hiding at the back of the cupboard 🙈 I woke him up today (he worked last night and he’s working again tonight) just to open the Perinaise bottle for me 😂 I don’t know why he puts up with me…

• Haha
Congrats and welcome! X
---

Ooh peach Bellini mocktails sound devine.
My ingredient search was a fail anyway, couldn't find any cream of coconut in waitrose or little Tesco 😭
You can use full fat coconut milk 👍🏼
They do a mixed coconut and pineapple juice, if you whizz it in a blender with ice, well it’s not pina colada, but it’s a good start.

• Heart
Was prescribed aspirin to try prevent another small baby. However I was never rang to collect it. Midwife asked if I'm taking it and said like I was never contacted about it and assumed doctor had seen it but refused it as I have severe asthma. So midwife said don't do anything until she's spoken to her colleague and they'll get back to me whether it's safe. Not heard anything since.

• Wow
You can use full fat coconut milk 👍🏼
They do a mixed coconut and pineapple juice, if you whizz it in a blender with ice, well it’s not pina colada, but it’s a good start.
I second the pineapple and coconut juice. Love it! I have noticed my local Tesco has an alcohol free range now with cans of pre made cocktail so unsure if there’s anything there ?

• Heart
I'm looking at booking some antenatal classes. I'm booked in for my hospital parent education classes but they're v close to my due date and apparently the hospital ones don't cover things like labour options, which I want to know before trying to come up with a birth plan.

Does anyone who is doing this the second time round have any experience of NCT classes? How did you find them?

TIA

I'm looking at booking some antenatal classes. I'm booked in for my hospital parent education classes but they're v close to my due date and apparently the hospital ones don't cover things like labour options, which I want to know before trying to come up with a birth plan.

Does anyone who is doing this the second time round have any experience of NCT classes? How did you find them?

TIA
I’m doing the baby academy ones on zoom - free

TIA
I did NCT classes over Zoom and found them really informative for labour options! They covered so much and it was really helpful for deciding what I do and don’t want!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.