Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey guys am I allowed to eat KFC? Random lol
Christ. If you’re not allowed junk food, I’d have had a problem a LONG while ago. Yes! Everything on a KFC menu is safe. Obviously check it’s cooked thoroughly, especially with the chicken pieces. Not pink at all.

Question re. sleeping on back. Is it literally just sleeping? What about lounging in bed in the day? Everything I can find specifically uses the word SLEEPING. Is it actually to do with being asleep or do I need to watch actually just lying in bed while being lazy on my back?

Reactions: 2
Christ. If you’re not allowed junk food, I’d have had a problem a LONG while ago. Yes! Everything on a KFC menu is safe. Obviously check it’s cooked thoroughly, especially with the chicken pieces. Not pink at all.

Question re. sleeping on back. Is it literally just sleeping? What about lounging in bed in the day? Everything I can find specifically uses the word SLEEPING. Is it actually to do with being asleep or do I need to watch actually just lying in bed while being lazy on my back?
It’s just sleeping but from 28 weeks

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think you’re probably more propped up when lounging in bed rather than sleeping so you’ll be fine 😊

• Heart
Omg. I ate salami last night again and actually woke up with an awful stomach ache and cramps and had a panic that I’ve fucked it. I’d rang maternity 20 times before 9am 😂. Now I’m scarred and going to leave it, and stop tempting fate. I’m fine, it went after an hour but wow the heart wants what it wants.. and that is salami.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Omg. I ate salami last night again and actually woke up with an awful stomach ache and cramps and had a panic that I’ve fucked it. I’d rang maternity 20 times before 9am 😂. Now I’m scarred and going to leave it, and stop tempting fate. I’m fine, it went after an hour But wow the heart wants what it wants.. and that is salami.
My logic is do you think all Italian and spanish women stop eating cured meats when pregnant? Obviously not encouraging it in large amounts but I’ve had a few bits of fancy French salami and I can’t see a huge harm in it… but I may be wrong!

Reactions: 3
I’ve had the odd BMT from Subway but I have it toasted so think that’s ok, I have also still been having smoked salmon - I just can’t part with my smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels 😅

Reactions: 1
My logic is do you think all Italian and spanish women stop eating cured meats when pregnant? Obviously not encouraging it in large amounts but I’ve had a few bits of fancy French salami and I can’t see a huge harm in it… but I may be wrong!
I actually read on Reddit that in European countries it’s not even a guideline not to… 😂 so really it’s just that tiny tiny chance etc clearly as they do throughout pregnancy. I know an alternative would be to cook it through but that’s not the point, it’s nice cold out the packet only! It would be that I found an amazing authentic one that’s only £1.25 a pack that’s way nicer than all the supermarket ones… as I shouldn’t be eating it anymore.

Is anyone else struggling with their joints? My midwife said it was normal and I’m sure it is but my hands and feet/ankles are so painful. Tonight I can barely move my feet because my ankles are so swollen and sore. When I wake up I have the hands of a 90 year old riddled with arthritis and can’t bend my fingers at all.

I just don’t know if there’s anything I can do about it to ease it at all?

• Heart
I read somewhere it wasn’t but carried on eating it anyway 😂 I don’t eat it all the time like
Yeah it’s the same premise as the deli meats basically because it’s not fully cooked through. I mean at the end of the day listeria is no joke, if it’s coming you’ll know hard and fast as you’ll basically be throwing up in no time 😂 so really it’s just extremely unlikely. I just don’t feel THAT bad for it because wow there’s some really bad mothers out there that drink, smoke and do drugs all sorts yet still end up with healthy baby? How am I having an internal debate for an hour over a piece of salami

• Heart
I’ve had food poisoning from a McD’s salad, a ham & cheese sandwich at an airport, all day breakfast bap on a virgin train, a pot noodle & I think a burrito or it might have been the deep fried crab…. All things you’re allowed to eat. Yet I’ve never been sick from sushi, deli meat, rare steak, pate etc.
I think you just need to exercise caution and watch hygeine and storage standards as most things are not allowed for the risk of them causing food poisoning rather than being inherently bad. I’d sooner eat raw fish at Nobu than a ham sandwich sat out on a buffet!

Reactions: 4
I’m thinking of having sushi as a one time treat, but being very careful where from. You’re right, from the likes of Nobu / Sexy Fish it’s not going to be the place that is my downfall. There’s somewhere called One Sushi in Manchester that is a place with a Michelin star chef that I’ve been eyeing up.

I’ve had food poisoning from a McD’s salad, a ham & cheese sandwich at an airport, all day breakfast bap on a virgin train, a pot noodle & I think a burrito or it might have been the deep fried crab…. All things you’re allowed to eat. Yet I’ve never been sick from sushi, deli meat, rare steak, pate etc.
I think you just need to exercise caution and watch hygeine and storage standards as most things are not allowed for the risk of them causing food poisoning rather than being inherently bad. I’d sooner eat raw fish at Nobu than a ham sandwich sat out on a buffet!

It’s so hard ini, I wanna be so healthy and safe for my baby but I feel like eating is such a chore now 😂

• Haha
I’m thinking of having sushi as a one time treat, but being very careful where from. You’re right, from the likes of Nobu / Sexy Fish it’s not going to be the place that is my downfall. There’s somewhere called One Sushi in Manchester that is a place with a Michelin star chef that I’ve been eyeing up.
As you say, I wouldn’t be ordering a deliveroo where it’s in just their cool bag but I had sushi pregnant from a great Japanese in my city as it’d been paid for as a gift. I’ve eaten there for 15 years and never been ill, it’s the real deal so went for it. Mostly cooked or cured but some raw. No adverse affects!

As you say, I wouldn’t be ordering a deliveroo where it’s in just their cool bag but I had sushi pregnant from a great Japanese in my city as it’d been paid for as a gift. I’ve eaten there for 15 years and never been ill, it’s the real deal so went for it. Mostly cooked or cured but some raw. No adverse affects!
That’s why I haven’t given in to one of the local small sushi places near where I live, as I don’t live in a city. Even though for the normal person it’s probably fresh enough, I question if it’s truly always fresh daily as it isn’t busy enough to turnover that quickly and I doubt they just throw away fish they can probably get away with for an extra day. Even the Yo Sushi counters in Tesco aren’t that fresh, as I’ve been late hours and still seen it fully stocked, and that’ll go into the next day.

Has anyone else got this rotten cough/cold thing?
My throat doesn't hurt but it constantly feels irritated like I need to cough to clear it, and full of a cold too. There's little to nothing I can take to help is there? The Boots pharmacist said glycerol for the throat but avoid anything with menthol while pregnant, but the glycerol syrup thing he gave me has not helped me at all.

• Heart
Has anyone else got this rotten cough/cold thing?
My throat doesn't hurt but it constantly feels irritated like I need to cough to clear it, and full of a cold too. There's little to nothing I can take to help is there? The Boots pharmacist said glycerol for the throat but avoid anything with menthol while pregnant, but the glycerol syrup thing he gave me has not helped me at all.
I’ve had so many colds this pregnancy 😭 The only things I had to help were paracetomal and hot water with lemon and honey - which I’m absolutely sick of I’ve had it that much 😂 Get plenty of rest if you can having a cold whilst pregnant is so so rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.