Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right sorry if this is a really daft question, but does anyone else's bump sort of come and go?!
For the past week I've had quite a prominent clear round bump. Suddenly today it's gone and I just look like I've got a tiny bulge like I ate a bit too much pasta or something. It happened the week before too but came and went within 24 hours. I'm baffled 😅
Yeah I feel like sometimes I feel like I’ve got massive then other days I feel like it’s just bloat. I guess it all depends on what you’ve eaten etc. I asked my midwife about it and she said it’s perfectly normal at this stage (almost half way)

Told work I was pregnant in the morning and by the afternoon I find out I'm being made redundant 😥. Obviously I am fighting it but has anyone else been in this/similar position before? This was not the added stress I needed right now!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Told work I was pregnant in the morning and by the afternoon I find out I'm being made redundant 😥. Obviously I am fighting it but has anyone else been in this/similar position before? This was not the added stress I needed right now!
Oh my god, sending love. I haven’t had this specific situation, but I did have a matter at work regarding my first pregnancy during the national lockdown which was unlawful and Pregnant Then Screwed were so so helpful.

please contact them for free advice. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm sure there are laws protecting pregnant people from this, aren't they supposed to find you a new role within the company or something?

Reactions: 4
I'm sure there are laws protecting pregnant people from this, aren't they supposed to find you a new role within the company or something?
I think it’s more that you are protected when on maternity leave not sure it is just because you are pregnant.. Wishing you all the luck, I got made redundant during Covid and it was so stressful, can not imagine what it would have been like if I had been pregnant at the time x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It seems like a lot of the protection comes when you're on maternity leave or 15 weeks before maternity leave. I'm sure there's still an argument though!

Was there any talks within the company about people being made redundant and that it’s just a pure coincidence that you’ve chose the same day to announce as the same day you’ve been one of the ones selected to being let go

• Sad
I would check out Maternity Action, maybe give them a call and see what advice they offer. Wishing you luck ❤

• Heart
I’ve had a lot of people say this! Did your first measure big all the way through pregnancy? The consultants have acknowledged that measurements aren’t guaranteed but because the measurements have been consistent across several scans done by different sonographers it’s likely baby is big
Yes he measured on the 99th centile the whole pregnancy.. had many growth scans because of it and always big baby big baby ect

Was there any talks within the company about people being made redundant and that it’s just a pure coincidence that you’ve chose the same day to announce as the same day you’ve been one of the ones selected to being let go
We had a round of redundancies in December and my role wasn't considered. I am the only person this is effecting now, as far as I know.

• Heart
I second the suggestion to get in touch with pregnant then screwed. They’re extremely helpful.

We had a round of redundancies in December and my role wasn't considered. I am the only person this is effecting now, as far as I know.
If you’re the only one and you’ve been told on the same day they might have a job proving it’s not pregnancy discrimination (pregnancy is a protected characteristic) - would def speak to one of the groups mentioned or a union if you’re in one.

Reactions: 3
I ordered a moses basket from Clair De Lune the other day and it came today and I set it up then because I couldn’t help myself and it’s so lovely! They have loads of lovely ones and I got it on sale with a discount code: baby20 ☺
I’ve asked my mum to make me one of those crochet ones but don’t know if she will have the time. I didn’t really use a Moses basket last time but comes in handy to keep the baby higher up away from the dog.
---
I got made redundant a few days after I started maternity leave so I got my whole maternity pay in one go which turned out well. I think it’s fine if you’re already on mat leave but think you need to check the reasons for redundancy to make sure it’s not pregnancy related because they definitely can’t do that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
20 week scan done, baby did not make it easy, it’s lovely and comfy in a breech position and basically has its legs over its face.. could be raising the next greatest gymnast with the flexibility on display today. Have no idea how they are so comfy that way.. hand splayed across their face as well. Definitely my baby as I hate getting photos taken. Only thing of note was it’s little tummy is a bit bigger than normal.. definitely my child 😁😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Has anyone had an elective c-section and know how far in advance they do the pre-op? I've had the pre-op appt pop up on my pregnancy app so just trying to guess a date really!

Has anyone had an elective c-section and know how far in advance they do the pre-op? I've had the pre-op appt pop up on my pregnancy app so just trying to guess a date really!
Mine was the day before, but that was 6 years ago now!

• Heart
Usually the day before unless the pre op is a Friday, then it’s likely going to be the Monday

• Heart
Usually the day before unless the pre op is a Friday, then it’s likely going to be the Monday
Oh I hope that's the case for me haha, it's still a while away but I feel like I need solid plans!

Thank you so much for your support everyone! I now have a long list of people to contact ❤ I have prioritised ACAS and my GP who has recommended I self-certify as sick next week and I will be eligible for a sick note if I'm still as stressed as I have been. I am hoping this buys me some time as the new laws come in with additional protection for pregnancy on 6th April - so hopefully I am covered by that 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.