Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tried another sweep today but cervix still closed. Pretty sure now it’s going to be induction on Tuesday which I really don’t want! Does anyone have any thoughts on induction for a big baby? I was against it but consultants keep scaring me with the risks associated with big babies

Tried another sweep today but cervix still closed. Pretty sure now it’s going to be induction on Tuesday which I really don’t want! Does anyone have any thoughts on induction for a big baby? I was against it but consultants keep scaring me with the risks associated with big babies
I had an induction with my first baby who was really small and it wasn’t a great experience. Have told them I’d rather a section this time than go through induction again.

Reactions: 3
I guess it depends what your preferences are. I’d always be asking for a c section if they ever suggested inducing me.
I’d be asking what the benefit of inducing me is? Logically, they’re inducing you for a big baby.. why??? If it’s because it can be more difficult to birth a big baby then does that further increase your risk of needing a c section down the line?

Reactions: 1
I guess it depends what your preferences are. I’d always be asking for a c section if they ever suggested inducing me.
I’d be asking what the benefit of inducing me is? Logically, they’re inducing you for a big baby.. why??? If it’s because it can be more difficult to birth a big baby then does that further increase your risk of needing a c section down the line?
The problem seems to be that there aren’t any clear answers to the questions about benefits vs risks for big babies. Apparently there’s a study going on at the moment but it’s not finished yet and a lot of the information currently available is conflicting. I’ve heard both positive and negative induction experiences. It’s so hard to make an informed decision about what to do

I had an induction for my wee one on Friday (Cooks Balloon) not because baby was big but because I was overdue. I would question what the rationale behind the induction is, what the risks and benefits are to you and the baby and what other options are available to you together with their risks and benefits.

Dropping by to say you may wish to add a peri bottle to your hospital bags! Baby came out with claws like Wolverine and I ended up with a wee stitch next to my urethra. That was more than a little bit nippy when I went for my first pp pee! Peri bottle has been really helping as does drinking gallons of water. I've been having Phizz tablets to help rehydrate after literally cooking in the hospital and I think they helped too.
You can tell I’m just a weird pregnant girl because as soon as I read the first sentence I thought “Nando’s peri sauce? What was that for”

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I ordered a moses basket from Clair De Lune the other day and it came today and I set it up then because I couldn’t help myself and it’s so lovely! They have loads of lovely ones and I got it on sale with a discount code: baby20 ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I ordered a moses basket from Clair De Lune the other day and it came today and I set it up then because I couldn’t help myself and it’s so lovely! They have loads of lovely ones and I got it on sale with a discount code: baby20 ☺
Is it the black and white one? I was gonna get that but now I know 'he' is infact a she I wanna get something extra and pink and frilly lol.

• Haha
Is it the black and white one? I was gonna get that but now I know 'he' is infact a she I wanna get something extra and pink and frilly lol.
I got this one!

51E4A093-9388-43F1-8927-6254F3E607F3.jpeg

but they also have it in pink!!

72A39C75-8998-4436-A5FC-244886870B2F.jpeg

I’ve just looked though and they do have quite a few cute frilly pink ones 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What are people doing to stay active? I’m trying to walk everyday. I am not too worried about eating more, etc. but I’d be lying if I said I am not worried about the weight gain at 27 weeks🫣 I know I shouldn’t be but I’ve struggled with weight my whole life and was down to my ideal weight for over 2 years before falling pregnant 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Had no appetite ever since my UTI. Dunno if it's just the nausea. Only just realised I've not even eaten yet today. Would it be an idea to ring maternity just for some advice?

Not all ‘big babies’ are that. They told me my first born was 9.9, he come one day early by section and was 7.12, which I don’t think is a ‘big’ baby at all🤣

We had a 4D scan of the twins this evening! Never bothered with our first (mixture of it being covid restrictions but also thinking 4D scans were kinda freaky) 🤣

we took our 3yo with and honestly I can’t recommend enough! I had to go for a little walk as twin 2 wasn’t cooperating but the images and videos are just amazing 🥹 I can already very much see they are tight for space in there, twin 1 had his shoulder fully in twin 2’s face 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Had no appetite ever since my UTI. Dunno if it's just the nausea. Only just realised I've not even eaten yet today. Would it be an idea to ring maternity just for some advice?
Did you have antibiotics and have you finished them? They can upset the stomach. There’s lots of advice online. Little and often, bland foods, just eat what you can stomach etc. If you’re taking your vit d and were healthy before pregnancy, you should have reserves to see you through the nausea. Complan is good if you really can eat at all. I’d give them a call if it keeps going on.

What are people doing to stay active? I’m trying to walk everyday. I am not too worried about eating more, etc. but I’d be lying if I said I am not worried about the weight gain at 27 weeks🫣 I know I shouldn’t be but I’ve struggled with weight my whole life and was down to my ideal weight for over 2 years before falling pregnant 😆
It might help you to look at what pregnancy weight gain is made up of and why. Such as x is increased blood volume, x is amniotic fluid, x is reserves for sustaining baby and so on.
As long as you’re not ‘eating for two’ and only having the extra 300ish KCal (depending on your starting weight), whatever your body is doing to gain weight, it all has a function to support baby in the way it needs to.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The problem seems to be that there aren’t any clear answers to the questions about benefits vs risks for big babies. Apparently there’s a study going on at the moment but it’s not finished yet and a lot of the information currently available is conflicting. I’ve heard both positive and negative induction experiences. It’s so hard to make an informed decision about what to do
Obviously it’s only a choice you can make, however based on what you’ve said I’d be declining the induction. Any growth scans are only estimates, and many people just on here alone have proven how inaccurate they are. So far you have ‘maybe’ a big baby, so they’ve offered an induction as ‘maybe’ it’s beneficial.. but who knows. So it’s all based on a whole lot of nothing so far. I’m not a doctor of course🤣
Maybe strip back to what you’re hoping to achieve. Some people couldn’t think of anything worse than surgery, so in that case I’d personally be letting nature take it course and see what happens. If you’re not worried about that you could try the induction, or request a caesarean. I believe your chances of having a caesarean are increased if you attempt induction.
my personal take on inductions was this:-
If you’re so worried about the baby that you want to get it out sooner than nature will allow, then you want to do it asap surely? So rather than potentially spending days trying to induce me(which may also send in c section) let’s just skip straight to the c section.
It was never suggested for me, but that would have been my answer🙂

Reactions: 2
Not all ‘big babies’ are that. They told me my first born was 9.9, he come one day early by section and was 7.12, which I don’t think is a ‘big’ baby at all🤣
I’ve had a lot of people say this! Did your first measure big all the way through pregnancy? The consultants have acknowledged that measurements aren’t guaranteed but because the measurements have been consistent across several scans done by different sonographers it’s likely baby is big

I’ve had a lot of people say this! Did your first measure big all the way through pregnancy? The consultants have acknowledged that measurements aren’t guaranteed but because the measurements have been consistent across several scans done by different sonographers it’s likely baby is big
The opposite for me, I was told 8lb baby and he came almost 9 and a half🤣 between my scans the estimations plotted on the graph perfectly so despite them all being consistent with their measuring (3 different sonographers) they were all still wrong

Are girl births harder then boys? My boys was easy but my mom said with my brothers they was easy and I was a horror birth. I've had really easy births so far and just thinking has my luck finally ran out lol.
My first is a boy and I had an easy birth. Second is a girl and wasn’t quite as easy. I was only in labour 40 minutes though so no pain relief and her heart rate was dropping so not sure if all that made it seem harder than my first 🤷🏼‍♀️

Right sorry if this is a really daft question, but does anyone else's bump sort of come and go?!
For the past week I've had quite a prominent clear round bump. Suddenly today it's gone and I just look like I've got a tiny bulge like I ate a bit too much pasta or something. It happened the week before too but came and went within 24 hours. I'm baffled 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.