Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been losing so much mucus and having lots of cramping since my sweep, praying something more happens soon🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Are girl births harder then boys? My boys was easy but my mom said with my brothers they was easy and I was a horror birth. I've had really easy births so far and just thinking has my luck finally ran out lol.

Found out baby’s engaged yesterday and I’ve felt like there’s an actual sword in my cervix since 😩 39 weeks today and so ready to not be pregnant any more!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
What is the latest I can get away with going abroad on holiday without being too uncomfortable or risking anything?

5 weeks in and the fatigue is real. I work from home but I’m only doing the bare minimum, feel so guilty. When would be the best time to speak to my manager? I’m constantly feeling so nauseous too :(

• Heart
Reactions: 3
5 weeks in and the fatigue is real. I work from home but I’m only doing the bare minimum, feel so guilty. When would be the best time to speak to my manager? I’m constantly feeling so nauseous too :(
Whenever you feel comfortable! If you aren't managing take some time off to relax, you really need to look after yourself. I told my boss and company at 8 weeks bcos I was so sick, I was happy to tell people early for the support and I had an early scan but everyone is different!

Reactions: 2
It's totally your choice when you speak to work, just try and listen to your body and rest if needed.
For what it's worth I struggled with tiredness and nausea at that stage too, but it totally cleared up for me towards the end of the first trimester. Now I'm just achy and round 😆

Reactions: 1
The doctor couldn’t feel anything but I’ve been referred for a blood test and ultrasound. I asked what I should do/ what could it be if they both come back with no sign and she said even she’s not sure?! I was throwing suggestions out there like cysts, endo etc to try help but she wasn’t sure herself (and you could tell by her face she thought I was bullshitting like the receptionists and male doctor I spoke to on the phone). Even more confused than when I went in but still feeling something 🙃. I’ll bow out from here in the meantime lol

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The doctor couldn’t feel anything but I’ve been referred for a blood test and ultrasound. I asked what I should do/ what could it be if they both come back with no sign and she said even she’s not sure?! I was throwing suggestions out there like cysts, endo etc to try help but she wasn’t sure herself (and you could tell by her face she thought I was bullshitting like the receptionists and male doctor I spoke to on the phone). Even more confused than when I went in but still feeling something 🙃. I’ll bow out from here in the meantime lol
I’m so sorry your treatment has been so poor. Please consider making a complaint to the practice manager, you should never be treated like that 😔 I hope you get some answers soon.

• Heart
Thanks all! I’m off next week and then my early scan is booked for the week after that so will probably speak to work afterwards. 😴😴😴

• Heart
My bump has completely changed since this time yesterday. It’s so weird. It’s gone from being like a beach ball just under my ribs and a really obvious bump to being really low down and just looking like I’ve been living on cake and chocolate for the past 7 months. And his kicks and movements feel so much lower down too, like around my belly button/across the middle of my belly rather than up by my ribs/stomach. I can breathe a lot easier but bending is impossible now so that’s fun 😂

Going to hang upsidedown like a bat for the next few weeks to stop him getting any lower 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My bump has completely changed since this time yesterday. It’s so weird. It’s gone from being like a beach ball just under my ribs and a really obvious bump to being really low down and just looking like I’ve been living on cake and chocolate for the past 7 months. And his kicks and movements feel so much lower down too, like around my belly button/across the middle of my belly rather than up by my ribs/stomach. I can breathe a lot easier but bending is impossible now so that’s fun 😂

Going to hang upsidedown like a bat for the next few weeks to stop him getting any lower 👀
Sounds like baby has dropped and is engaged!! I hope my baby girl drops a bit and get out of my ribs

• Heart
Reactions: 4
30 weeks today and I feel like I’m back in my first trimester! I’m so tired and sick, I’ve just had a nap on the couch because I felt exhausted and I’ve felt nauseous all day

Also woke up with really bad lower back ache this morning I convinced myself I was going into labour 😅 it went off after some paracetomal I guess I’m just dramatic haha

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sounds like baby has dropped and is engaged!! I hope my baby girl drops a bit and get out of my ribs
Hope hes planning on staying put for at least a few more weeks if he is engaged 😩

It is so much more comfortable now until I stand up though. Hope your little girl copies and gets out of your ribs soon!

I sent my mum a bump pic because she likes weekly updates on it and she’s started telling me now how horrific her labour was with me. So that’s nice 😂

Hope you feel better soon @watermelon sugar I think I’m also at the any little twinge or ache stage I’m convinced it’s everything starting 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I know this is normal but I feel so normal... just slightly bloated with slightly heavier boobs. I keep forgetting I'm pregnant.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Maybe slightly tmi but WHY does body hair have to grow so fast when you're pregnant? I swear I shaved my armpits this morning and they're spikey already. If I leave them a few days it'll look like Rapunzel coming out my pits. I'm due in the summer and I'm just going to have to walk round with hairy legs because HOW am I going to shave them all the time when I'm 35 weeks

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Dropping by to say you may wish to add a peri bottle to your hospital bags! Baby came out with claws like Wolverine and I ended up with a wee stitch next to my urethra. That was more than a little bit nippy when I went for my first pp pee! Peri bottle has been really helping as does drinking gallons of water. I've been having Phizz tablets to help rehydrate after literally cooking in the hospital and I think they helped too.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Maybe slightly tmi but WHY does body hair have to grow so fast when you're pregnant? I swear I shaved my armpits this morning and they're spikey already. If I leave them a few days it'll look like Rapunzel coming out my pits. I'm due in the summer and I'm just going to have to walk round with hairy legs because HOW am I going to shave them all the time when I'm 35 weeks
Maxi dresses are your friend!

What is the latest I can get away with going abroad on holiday without being too uncomfortable or risking anything?
It’ll be personal because some people get bad SPD and PGP and others sail through. Same with bump size or how uncomfortable you find it, it can really differ. I know I couldn’t do all the walking at the airport comfortably from about 20 weeks this pregnancy, let alone sitting down for a flight or walking when I got there. Last time I’d have been fine and loved it though.

Risks wise, I don’t think air travel is inherently risky but depending where you’re going there could be hygiene issues with food and that. 1/2 people get the shits abroad for whatever reason.
You’d want to check what your insurance covered.
Airlines have different requirements but I think it’s more about the risk of a medical emergency onboard that actual risk to baby. You’d want to take DVT compression socks though.

Personally I’d be inclined to do a last min job if you’re feeling well rather than booking ahead. Also, make sure you’d have enough annual leave so you wouldn’t have to ‘pay back’ if you have to stop working say a month earlier.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.