Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just hard not to internalise things when you're already feeling low.
100% with you there! Fingers crossed you'll soon be in that new baby bubble x

I do honestly feel for anyone who doesn’t have the best in laws. I’m really lucky to in that sense - makes up for the fact my mum is a head who isn’t involved. We actually moved to be closer to his family so they’re kind of all I have day to day. They’re so supportive without being overbearing at all. But it sounds like such a headache to deal with bad ones.
Honestly mine are great really, I just get so irrational! I keep getting pissed off that LO comes home covered in crap, clothes stained.... but it's because they've kindly taken them for the day and given them loads of yummy treats or done some fab messy play so it's really unfair of me. But I'm like, "Put an apron on them!". Fully aware I'm being a brat but everything gets so amplified when pregnant for me.

Congrats @aggytha I think we're following a really similar time line with our oldest and the new one/ones, down to the gender. 🤞for both of us x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I do honestly feel for anyone who doesn’t have the best in laws. I’m really lucky to in that sense - makes up for the fact my mum is a head who isn’t involved. We actually moved to be closer to his family so they’re kind of all I have day to day. They’re so supportive without being overbearing at all. But it sounds like such a headache to deal with bad ones.
Don't lol. I am the loss in the situation. 😂😂😂

hey girls, 30 weeks pregnant and wanting to kinda get a start on my hospital bag!

Can anyone advise what they brought for themselves and baby? first time mam here so any tips are appreciated!! x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
hey girls, 30 weeks pregnant and wanting to kinda get a start on my hospital bag!

Can anyone advise what they brought for themselves and baby? first time mam here so any tips are appreciated!! x
there’s always loads of lists online. Last time I took far too much stuff I didn’t even need but it depends on your birth and how long you need to stay sometimes. I took 3 pairs of pjs and a nightie I think because people told me they soaked through pairs with blood but I only needed one pair. A change of outfit for going home and some toiletries. Lots of snacks are a must!! I kept telling my husband to get snacks in, he never done it and I ended up in labour with nothing 😂 one thing I’ll be making sure I take with me this time is pain killers for afterwards, they take forever to give you them in the ward and I was in so much pain with cramps.

Reactions: 3

Also a first time mum here! I’ve looked at lists online (I think the Baby Academy have one as a free download on their website) and - this sounds dumb but it’s really helped me get mine organised - I ordered a set of labelled bags off Etsy (clear bags labelled like Sleepsuits, Nappies, Toiletries, Vests, Snacks etc) and now packing my hospital bag has gone from feeling completely overwhelming to almost done in a matter of days as I’ve filled up each little bag! I’ll re-check against the lists I’ve seen online as obviously it doesn’t include little things like an eye mask, extra long phone charger etc like I’ve seen be recommended but it’s helped me mentally feel way more prepared.

The set I ordered is this one and it arrived 2-3 days after ordering: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1316083871/x20-hospital-bag-organisers-packed-mum?ref=yr_purchases

Reactions: 1
I did the same and ordered labelled bags, filled those and then checked against a few lists. The labelled bags will help too for when my partner is having to get stuff out of the bags for us because he won’t have a clue 🤣

I just banged a few packs of those newborn formula milk bottles in the bag, few baggy t shirts and bottoms, nappies, wipes, baby grows and vests oh and knickers and sanitary towels. With my youngest they said before he was born he'd need at least a few weeks in neo natal. So when I went to be induced didn't bother bringing car seat. We were discharged 24 hrs after he was born unexpectedly well lol. So even if they say baby will need to stay in make sure you bring car seat as well.

• Heart
I was planning to use ikea sandwich bags 🤣 I used packing cubes last time which was fine but see through would be easier for OH.
Things I needed but didn’t take were baby nail cutters as baby scratched their face when mitts fell off, snacks, a big drinks cup, lucozade or something sugary to drink, maybe that little squirty squash additive you can buy. I’ll take zip up sleep suits with built in mitts and label everything as I lost something last time as was gutted. Baby spent most of their time just in a nappy so we only used one sleep suit and 2 vests while there but I made the mistake of thinking 0-3 would fit so everything drowned them. The hat I took was too small but the hospital provided one, it was Feb and cold though.
I was advised not to take baby milk as I planned to BF but I’ll take a pre-made stater set just in case too.
We also didn’t pack a bag for OH (didn’t expect to be admitted when we were hence no snacks either) so I’ll plan ahead for that too this time.
Might be easier now it’s not covid but I think they’re still quite strict about coming and going.

I might actually get some more of the zip up reinforced bags we use, these are really handy for toy storage later.
IMG_3259.jpeg

• Heart
Awake at 3 again as I’ve finally caught the cough/cold my son picked up at nursery 😩 it’s only been a week or two since the last one, I’m considering keeping him off a week before my due date (which is just at the start of the Easter holidays!) as I really don’t want to go into labour when I’m struggling to breathe! Had such bad heartburn before bed I actually threw up, I’m just feeling sorry for myself lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Happy mothers day!! This time next year we all be with our new little bundles of happiness. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9

I’ve posted my list a few times on here but it’s here

• Heart
Posted a pic of my scan on my socials today - just a story not a big announcement post. I’m sure some people will find that offensive but for almost 30 years since my own mother died, Mother’s Day has been something I dreaded and tried to avoid it, this year is definitely a bit different.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve put some flowers my partner got me on a story, if anyone’s clever enough they’d read between the lines and wonder why I’m posting 😂 as they’re clearly in my room… and currently don’t have children

• Heart
Reactions: 7
For hospital bag I just used freezer ziplock bags for clothes and sorted by Newborn, 0-1 months/first size and 0-3 months as I’d had no growth scans or anything so was guessing his size. I stayed in for one night and still got through 3 outfits due to meconium poonamis.

In addition to all the stuff you find on usual lists some other stuff I found useful/wish I had:

- A straw for my drink instead of having to ask my partner to pour water in my mouth every time I was thirsty when I was in active labour
- Spritz for bits. Expensive but worth it. So soothing.
- Flip flops for the toilet/bathroom
- ibuprofen and paracetamol to save having to ask for them as they took ages to get them to me
- Lactulose to speed up having a 💩 and making it easier post birth
- my own pillow

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So brother and sister in law are using the name we'd chosen for a boy. So if we're having a boy it's back to the drawing board...

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Blimey what a 24 hours we have had. I don't think I've stopped smiling. We have officially told family and very close friends, just a couple of family left to tell but people's reactions have been an equal but perfect mix of magical and hilarious. I don't think I've ever felt gratitude and contentment like I'm feeling right now.
Happy Mother’s day to each and every one of you ladies xx

• Heart
Reactions: 16
For hospital bag I just used freezer ziplock bags for clothes and sorted by Newborn, 0-1 months/first size and 0-3 months as I’d had no growth scans or anything so was guessing his size. I stayed in for one night and still got through 3 outfits due to meconium poonamis.

In addition to all the stuff you find on usual lists some other stuff I found useful/wish I had:

- A straw for my drink instead of having to ask my partner to pour water in my mouth every time I was thirsty when I was in active labour
- Spritz for bits. Expensive but worth it. So soothing.
- Flip flops for the toilet/bathroom
- ibuprofen and paracetamol to save having to ask for them as they took ages to get them to me
- Lactulose to speed up having a 💩 and making it easier post birth
- my own pillow
Ooo you know what with my current youngest I had 2 pessaries over 2 days and apparently they constipate you. I needed a massive poo a few hours after having him and it was rock solid and took ages to do. Thankfully I never had any stitches or anything but I never thought to take any sort of laxative or stool softener. I will be this time.

Since I’ve started getting a bit of a bump I don’t seem to be able to eat as much as I used to, devastated I can never finish a meal 😂 Just been out for lunch and couldn’t finish my plate. No one warns you about this 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.