Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Con
This mornings digital clear blue 🥰

does anybody have ideas on how to relax? I’m honestly so terrified of something going wrong this early on x

Congratulations!! 🥰 I think its completely normal to be terrified and worried about something going wrong, I was exactly the same and its only now where I have started to feel baby kick that my anxiety/worrying has calmed down slightly! The things that helped me early on was having a private scan just for that reassurance and also talking to someone (partner, family etc) and speaking to them about your worries, I know not everyone wants to tell family early on etc which is completely fine, each to their own! But I found speaking to my mum/sisters and letting it out and them reassuring me/rationalizing things for me really helped. Don't beat yourself up for worrying and being terrified though, it is completely normal and all part of the pregnancy journey!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@Jellycat369 I’m sorry you’re feeling so rubbish. Hopefully little babe hurries on up! Could you or your partner have a word with the in laws about you wanting to spend time with your little one? They can’t really get in a mood with the fact babe isn’t here yet.. surely your MIL should understand that being a Mum herself! And it doesn’t matter if you’re not up to taking little one out, even a cuddle on the couch will mean the world to your first born and it’s comfortable for you. You really are doing the Lord’s work being 5 days overdue AND having your in laws with you for a week already. I couldn’t be able to cope with that! Go easy on yourself 🤗 get as much rest as you can because you won’t be able to very soon!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Can anyone recommend the best pregnancy style pillow please? I currently have one of those long ones but struggling to get comfy with it and feel its just too big! I'm starting to get pain in my hips at night time sleeping on my side so don't know if a smaller wedge kind of one would be better if anyone has one they find comfy and could recommend.

I also have my 20 week scan this Friday and feeling really nervous and anxious about it, so far all scans have been fine but I think where its the anomaly scan and they do all the thorough checks it has made me really anxious and scared that something could be wrong, can someone let me know what kind of checks it is they do and what the appointment will entail, hoping having some idea with what to expect will ease my anxiety slightly, thank you xx

Can anyone recommend any Facebook groups that are good for checking recommendations and reviews on items such as cots, prams etc?

Can anyone recommend the best pregnancy style pillow please? I currently have one of those long ones but struggling to get comfy with it and feel its just too big! I'm starting to get pain in my hips at night time sleeping on my side so don't know if a smaller wedge kind of one would be better if anyone has one they find comfy and could recommend.

I also have my 20 week scan this Friday and feeling really nervous and anxious about it, so far all scans have been fine but I think where its the anomaly scan and they do all the thorough checks it has made me really anxious and scared that something could be wrong, can someone let me know what kind of checks it is they do and what the appointment will entail, hoping having some idea with what to expect will ease my anxiety slightly, thank you xx
I was really anxious about my 20 week scan too. It’s a completely normal way to feel. I found this helpful on the NHS website

• Heart
Reactions: 3

My 20 week scan is in a few weeks. Am very nervous as I had my boys in my 20s and I'm now in my 30s and my fella got me pregnant weeks before his 35th birthday. Plus my 2 current youngest have significant special needs. Still waiting for downs screening results.

Reactions: 1
@Jellycat369 I’m sorry you’re feeling so rubbish. Hopefully little babe hurries on up! Could you or your partner have a word with the in laws about you wanting to spend time with your little one? They can’t really get in a mood with the fact babe isn’t here yet.. surely your MIL should understand that being a Mum herself! And it doesn’t matter if you’re not up to taking little one out, even a cuddle on the couch will mean the world to your first born and it’s comfortable for you. You really are doing the Lord’s work being 5 days overdue AND having your in laws with you for a week already. I couldn’t be able to cope with that! Go easy on yourself 🤗 get as much rest as you can because you won’t be able to very soon!!
MiL is OH stepmum so hasn't had any kiddies of her own. However, she's a children's nurse working with new babies up to teens so you'd think she'd know better. She's adamant that baby is a girl, so much so that she's bought a whole bunch of stuff for a girl. We told her not to, told her we didn't need anything at all, but apparently she knows best 🙄 It's winding me up! Just want baby to arrive so I can get my house and little family back 😭

• Heart
MiL is OH stepmum so hasn't had any kiddies of her own. However, she's a children's nurse working with new babies up to teens so you'd think she'd know better. She's adamant that baby is a girl, so much so that she's bought a whole bunch of stuff for a girl. We told her not to, told her we didn't need anything at all, but apparently she knows best 🙄 It's winding me up! Just want baby to arrive so I can get my house and little family back 😭
Wow she sounds annoying 😭 I can’t bare to be in the room with my MIL for longer than 30 minutes so the fact you’re doing this is admirable! Get your toddler, whack a movie on and get on the couch. If they say anything say you want some quality time with them before babies here and if they want to help the house needs jobs doing and you’re too uncomfortable to do them! Hopefully baby hurried up and their out of your way soon!

Reactions: 2

I had a belly strap that had slim wedge pillows for when bump was smaller. Was the perfect size for giving that little bit of support before my bump got so enormous I morphed into a hippo 😂 This is the one I got:

Might be worthwhile trying just a thin normal pillow between your legs. You'll want it between your knees and ankles. That will support your hips as it aligns your legs properly.

For the scan they'll check the size of various things on the baby, like head circumference, tummy, leg length. They'll check their face and put on a funky colour filter to check blood flow through their heart. They'll be able to tell you the gender too if you want to find that out.

• Heart
My hormones today are through the roof. Found out today I have to desk share at work and I've cried all morning and I'm ready to jack in my career. It's not rational but makes perfect sense to me right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Can anyone recommend any Facebook groups that are good for checking recommendations and reviews on items such as cots, prams etc?
Not FB but you could sign up for a free trail for Which. It's really good for the safety aspect of car seats etc. It'd mad that car seats are/maybe were only tested to 30mph or something like that so it goes into extra detail.
Made for Mums has reviews too but who knows how much is sponsored.
User reviews on Amazon etc, for things like mattresses, people will say "It's so hard, its really uncomfy' but they need to be so baby's face doesn't sink in and suffocate. Take them with a pinch of salt when it comes to opinion of things like that, plus they sell unsafe stuff like cot bumpers, baby positioners and pillows so always check lullaby trust.
Re prams, think of your specific needs, will it be getting it in a car or on a bus, rugged terrain or pavements, do you want to use the bassinette for sleeping in the house etc. What's great for one, won't be for another.

• Heart
My hormones today are through the roof. Found out today I have to desk share at work and I've cried all morning and I'm ready to jack in my career. It's not rational but makes perfect sense to me right now.
I cried this morning because I didn’t feel like I had enough time to myself at the weekend and now I’m back at work again. I then cried wondering if my baby is going to be sad that he’s got less space to move around in as he grows bigger.

Hormones are wonderful things 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@Jellycat369 I'm so sorry you're feeling like this, but please don't think baby doesn't want to meet you, baby is just making sure they're as healthy as can be before making their entrance. They'll be incredibly lucky to have you as their Mum.
I would just be completely upfront with your in-laws and tell them it would mean everything to you to have some alone time with your toddler to give your full attention to before baby is here. They'll surely understand and help with that. I hope things start feeling brighter and more positive for you really soon x

• Heart
For those with anterior placenta what did the movements feel like and how often do you feel them once it’s started. I keep hearing about bubbles / butterflies but I’m getting more of a muscle twitch a few times a day and not sure if it’s the baby or not!

Reactions: 1
For those with anterior placenta what did the movements feel like and how often do you feel them once it’s started. I keep hearing about bubbles / butterflies but I’m getting more of a muscle twitch a few times a day and not sure if it’s the baby or not!
How far along are you?

I had an anterior placenta in my last pregnancy and felt bubbles/twitching a few times between 16-20 weeks (I am naturally very small though) but I didn’t start to feel proper distinguishable hard kicks until about 22 weeks.

this time I have one anterior placenta and one posterior. The twin with the anterior placenta still felt more cushioned up until around a week ago, but now I’m past 24 weeks I feel them a lot more!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.