Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is the lowest result you can actually get for the Patau/Downs results does anyone know? Just got mine back at 1:5000. Some post on mumsnet says last year they moved to a system where that is now the lowest result you can actually get but who knows how reliable that is. Either way I feel quite happy and reassured.
with my eldest in 2020 I got 1 in 150000 so this time when I got 1 in 5000 I was obviously concerned so asked my midwife and she said it was a new system and that was the lowest result possible now

Reactions: 1
What is the lowest result you can actually get for the Patau/Downs results does anyone know? Just got mine back at 1:5000. Some post on mumsnet says last year they moved to a system where that is now the lowest result you can actually get but who knows how reliable that is. Either way I feel quite happy and reassured.
Yes that’s the lowest, I got scared because that was my result and looking back on my 2 year olds his was 1 in 100,000 , but she said they update the numbers all the time and that’s why it is out of 5000 now.

In laws took my toddler to nursery this morning and he cried ☹ Then I got thinking about having to leave him while I'm in hospital having this baby and I couldn't stop balling. Even just thinking about it now makes me tear up 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
In laws took my toddler to nursery this morning and he cried ☹ Then I got thinking about having to leave him while I'm in hospital having this baby and I couldn't stop balling. Even just thinking about it now makes me tear up 😔
Just think of the magical reason you’re doing it for! It’s not any old random selfish trip 🤣

Reactions: 2
Aw I keep thinking about having to leave my 4 year old to give birth and it makes me upset too. Just remember he probably weren’t upset for long and he is in safe hands. And we’re probably just extra hormonal, you’re bringing something amazing in the world so it’s all worth it and it won’t be long until you’re reunited with your first little one. (You’ll probably also appreciate the time just 1+1 with new baby before 1st child is running rings around you and you’ve got a newborn) 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Man dizziness and nausea has hit me today. Had a nap earlier when baby was at nursery and waiting for my fella to get home so I can go back to sleep. Feel like I'm in 1st trimester again. Also does anyone else's baby seem to come to life when you eat? Think I got a little greedy guts on my hands. 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Went out for lunch today. At the end our server said to me “aww, not long left to go now then?” and looked down at my bump.

I had to break the news to her that I’m only 23 weeks and the reason I am massive is because I’m having twins 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm so looking forward to meeting my baby and for the comments stopping about the size of my bump!!! I'm 31 weeks now and petite frame, always had a flat stomach etc, my bump is measuring on smaller side (baby girl is average though) and it's really round and neat but the amount of people commenting how huge I am!! It's like well thank you, my belly should be growing bigger as I'm in the final stages of growing a baby?!!

Then you get the 'just wait till the last few weeks you'll be huge' its like shut up please haha I have ZERO patience now I'm pregnant 🙃🙃

PS. Can someone advise me on some good breathing techniques for labour, in for 4 out for 8 seems too hard haha

• Heart
I'm so looking forward to meeting my baby and for the comments stopping about the size of my bump!!! I'm 31 weeks now and petite frame, always had a flat stomach etc, my bump is measuring on smaller side (baby girl is average though) and it's really round and neat but the amount of people commenting how huge I am!! It's like well thank you, my belly should be growing bigger as I'm in the final stages of growing a baby?!!

Then you get the 'just wait till the last few weeks you'll be huge' its like shut up please haha I have ZERO patience now I'm pregnant 🙃🙃

PS. Can someone advise me on some good breathing techniques for labour, in for 4 out for 8 seems too hard haha
Hate that people think it's okay to say that, not cool, really not cool 🙄

If 4 in, 8 out is a struggle, just try and keep your breathing slow and measured so the time you're breathing out is double what you're breathing in, e.g. 2 in, 4 out, 3 in, 6 out. To be brutally honest, when it came to delivering my first, that all went out the window pretty quickly 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I can’t remember any breathing techniques with my first, I just hammered the gas & air, it was a Saturday night and Heart FM was blasting dance music, felt like I was off my head on a night out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can’t remember any breathing techniques with my first, I just hammered the gas & air, it was a Saturday night and Heart FM was blasting dance music, felt like I was off my head on a night out 😂
This sounds like my kinda birth 🤣🤣

I can’t read anything else birth related yet it makes me go funny. Keep telling myself I’ve got a few more months before I need to deal with that 😭

• Haha

I did 4 in, 5 out! Gas and air made me sick so it was a lifesaver and something to focus on.

• Heart
This sounds like my kinda birth 🤣🤣

I can’t read anything else birth related yet it makes me go funny. Keep telling myself I’ve got a few more months before I need to deal with that 😭
The dance music was a good distraction tbf, he was born to Rhythm of the Night 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

I’m 35 weeks and also always been lean etc and also can’t wait for the bump comments to stop. Everyone keeps saying how small and neat my bump is and I wish they would shut up because the other week at my midwife appointment my bump was measuring small so had to scamper off to the hospital for a growth scan (even though with my GD diagnosis I have them scheduled already) and it was such an anxious time waiting for them to confirm he was okay! Like yes my bump is small but that’s got its own worries and it does stress me out a bit even though I now know he’s okay

• Sad
  • Heart
My toddler has been proper acting up the last few days, can’t decide if it’s just terrible 2’s or if they can sense something is about to majorly change pretty soon. Anyone else have that not long before giving birth?

My toddler has been proper acting up the last few days, can’t decide if it’s just terrible 2’s or if they can sense something is about to majorly change pretty soon. Anyone else have that not long before giving birth?
My toddler has been extra clingy and really fighting going to bed but other than that he's been okay. I do worry that he's lulling me into a false sense of security 😬

My baby's become more clingy lately and he normally likes his own space and to be left to do his own thing. Think he can sense it.

My toddler has been really struggling. Back in our bed, super clingy, “I don’t want to share you mummy”, “the baby can have daddy and I’ll have you”..
On the other hand with some toys they’ll say baby can have or share them, kiss my tummy and talk to baby. They seem to be withdrawing from a bit from me now which I’m not sure if they’re getting used to the idea and the clinginess is lessening or if it’s like self protection. It’s all a bit hard to know how it’s going to go down and OH is feeling like we’re ruining toddler’s life. We’re only just over half way so I’m hoping we can get to a stage where they’re excited. We’re going to pick up a few more days at nursery too as they’re loving it there now and it’ll allow me to be with baby without feeling so torn on those days.

• Heart
What has been people's first pregnancy purchase? I impulse bought a pregnancy pillow last night, only £12 through some Emma's Diary offer. Partners face was a bit of a picture when he saw the size of it in the picture 😆 No idea if I'll feel any benefits from it yet, I'm 12 weeks and convinced what I thought was bloating is a little round bump after all, but I'm a nightmare for sleeping on my right or my front, will this pillow help stop that?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.