Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hashtagnotspon

Chatty Member
So brother and sister in law are using the name we'd chosen for a boy. So if we're having a boy it's back to the drawing board...

• Sad
Reactions: 6

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Only bothering with my legs because I’ve spent so much time in and out of hospital and having to take my leggings off for speculums etc so I’ve kept on top of them. Til recently, they’re definitely not smooth now. Now I get out of breath bending over so they can just put up with my hairy legs until the weather is better and I get Mr R to shave them so I can wear dresses 🤣

• Haha

Seeemm

Chatty Member
Have my hospital 12 week scan tomorrow and I’m so excited! Even though I’ve had a private scan and another one in the hospital due to spotting, I’m soooo excited like it’s my first scan. Booking appointment on Tuesday too. I never thought I’d get to this point, I’m so happy 🥹

• Heart

amyy

VIP Member
I'm nearly 34 weeks now and the movements are getting so strong, I'm scared for the next few weeks, honestly feel like she's trying to escape 🤣 She's head down, not sure if it's her size that causing me to feel like I have an obstruction in my rib when I sit up straight, or if its a foot!! Roll on maternity leave in 3 weeks so I can just bounce on my ball all day

• Heart

LavaFlake

VIP Member
Our 7 week scan is all looking normal. Cried so many happy tears of relief, our first happy scan result. So so relieved. Now what to do with myself today 🤷🏻‍♀️
So happy for you ❤ Congratulations 🌈
---
Guys whatever you do assemble your pram before the baby comes and practice folding and unfolding it 🫠

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Has anyone read any parenting books / pregnancy books? I’ve just bought this one - and finding it extremely insightful. I don’t have a good relationship with my mum, she’s a dick. My upbringing was bad and probably has left me traumatised and wanting to make sure I don’t project any of this onto my child - so an extremely good read. I’d probably even recommend it even if your childhood on the whole was decent, as it’s still thought provoking. It’s not a “traditional” parenting book full of cliches etc

Amazon product
I've not got any book recommendations but one of the things I realised after having my first was just how awful some of the things my mum did and said were. It was so upsetting and made me realise that I didn't want the same for my wee one.

• Heart

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Not a morning baby but hope the scan went well apart from that ❤ Hope you feel better soon
Definitely takes after me, just wants to be left alone til lunchtime 🤣🤣 just annoying with how sick I am now, this whole pregnancy I've only ever been sick at night until today. I wonder if it's from forcing two pints of water down, I'm terrible at drinking enough usually. I booked today off work so I could enjoy the day and go off on a shopping day or something after, but I've had to just come straight home to rest. But baby seems okay so all worthwhile 🥰

• Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
Hi all. I'm tentatively joining this thread. Got a positive test at the weekend and think I'm just over 4 weeks along. I'm going on a big holiday to the other side of the world for two weeks at the end of week. I'll be flying for 24 hours but when I'm there it'll be relaxing and I'm with family, a lot of which are doctors. Did anyone travel that far so early on? NHS says it's ok. I think it'll be good for me (apart from the flight part) because my work is stressful and I can relax there in good weather. Plus it'll make time go faster until I can get some scans.
Congratulations!!
Not that far but I did 6ish hours, take bland snacks and plenty of hydration for the flight (in case of nausea). Only problem was being knackered as the tiredness kicked in but actually, since it was a restful holiday it allowed me to lean into it more than being at home. Just don't try to do too much and let your body guide you, jet lag and all. The vit D will do you good but don't forget your skin can be more sensitive to sun and it can deplete your folic acid so be vigilant with SPF and your FA tablets.
And don't forget some cramping and spotting can be normal, stress is the biggest enemy.

• Heart

Hmwxo

If there is a more suitable thread please point me in the right direction, hoping anyone who has been in this position is willing to let me know their experience please😞
Our NT reading at the 12 week scan (although actually 13 weeks) came back at 7.10mm today and I am absolutely heartbroken. It is such a worrying position to be in so any experiences, positive or negative, would be appreciated if anyone has experienced similar😞

• Heart
  • Sad

amyy

VIP Member
I'm 32 weeks now and I'd say only past 2-3 weeks I've started feeling strong movements, seeing my belly move etc. Feel like it's took ages, maybe bcos I've got an anterior placenta! Guess it's cos baby girl is growing so much bigger now too. Going to miss the movements so much, It's constant throughout the day really, obviously get quiet hours but I always feel her!

• Heart

eppingforestbambi

VIP Member
Yeah I’m at that stage in life where all my close friends and family are on WhatsApp/phone calls… not social media. Fake social media aquantiences are not the one!

Greenfly125

I am, got my kit at the feeding class I did with midwife. If I manage to collect any, I hope we remember it when I actually go into hospital!! I do need to look into it a bit more though, If everything is well with you and baby and you are managing to breastfeed, is it just given as a supplement or something?
I was advised that sometimes baby can be really sleepy after birth and a bit of colostrum in a syringe can help wake them for a feed. Or it can be used as a top up to take away that anxiety of breastfeeding in the first few days. Colostrum will last 6 months in the freezer and is also good for a cracked nipple or baby’s gunky eye later on ☺

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Hoped yesterday was a one off. Tiredness and nausea is back with a vengeance. 😔 Having to wear my well built fellas coat and can still see the outline of my bump.

• Sad

Hmwxo

Have they offered you the NIPT test? Did you have the combined screening, what did that blood test say? What is the hospital saying, have they booked a rescan and referal?

I haven’t been through it. A lady on these threads in my last pregnancy had a positive test for Down’s syndrome after the amino. She chose not to continue with her pregnancy. She was shown nothing but love and support here.
There’s around 15% chance statistically of baby being healthy assuming the measurement is correct.
thanks for your reply ❤
the blood test was carried out today so waiting for results from that on Wednesday, then the option of the NIPT test or a choice of invasive tests which are a little more accurate although carry risks. It’s so devastating and really took me by surprise as we had an early scan a few weeks ago and were told everything was great😢

• Heart

Laughalong

VIP Member
Feeling super lucky. One of my uncles who I’m not actually close to messaged me today asking if I’d like his Silvercross pram. To be honest my dream is an iCandy or Egg which we’d be able to get, but feel like we should definitely look at his pram first as it’s free and would save over a grand. I told my MIL this today and her reply was “Oh. Do you not want us to buy you one? We could do that or your nursery furniture” So that’s the two biggest ticket items ticked off!!!

• Heart

Its_Me

VIP Member
I’m thinking of having sushi as a one time treat, but being very careful where from. You’re right, from the likes of Nobu / Sexy Fish it’s not going to be the place that is my downfall. There’s somewhere called One Sushi in Manchester that is a place with a Michelin star chef that I’ve been eyeing up.
I had the worst food poisoning I’ve ever had in my life from sexy fish 😬 was hospitalised

• Wow

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Is it the black and white one? I was gonna get that but now I know 'he' is infact a she I wanna get something extra and pink and frilly lol.
I got this one!

51E4A093-9388-43F1-8927-6254F3E607F3.jpeg

but they also have it in pink!!

72A39C75-8998-4436-A5FC-244886870B2F.jpeg

I’ve just looked though and they do have quite a few cute frilly pink ones 🥺

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Gender scan in 11 days officially booked. I have all boys so far. This one's defo taking it out of me more but keep telling myself it's just cause I had the boys in my 20s. Time is gonna DRAAAAG now.

• Heart

Hamburglar

VIP Member
I can’t remember any breathing techniques with my first, I just hammered the gas & air, it was a Saturday night and Heart FM was blasting dance music, felt like I was off my head on a night out 😂
This sounds like my kinda birth 🤣🤣

I can’t read anything else birth related yet it makes me go funny. Keep telling myself I’ve got a few more months before I need to deal with that 😭

• Haha

amyy

VIP Member
Thanks ladies. I love how I can ask/talk about the weirdest things on here and get replies lol so helpful!! It was a strange morning peeling my nipple from my pj top 😊

• Haha