Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
It's wierd isn't it. Younger me was desperate to splash news like this all over social media. Current me is far more picky about who knows what, and I almost feel protective over this news.
I might just do a big social media cull and then put a low key post up when we know the gender. But in the mean time only immediate family and close friends will be told.

Reactions: 7

jolly_parsley

Chatty Member
My guide to giving birth leaflet from the hospital specifically says not to shave before birth because it increases infection risk?! I’m still hacking away blindly for now and hoping for the best though but I can barely reach so who knows what it looks like 😂 my legs are definitely worse because I can’t be bothered to bend in the shower 🙈
Had no idea about the infection risk but thank you for giving me permission to continue embracing my best yeti life!

It’s still leggings weather why are you bothering with your legs? 🤣 that’s too much effort for me until it hits 25 degrees even when I’m not pregnant!

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I’ve went into full nesting mode yesterday and this morning because the health visitor is coming round today. It’s true what they say, you never want to tidy up until the threat of someone visiting 🤣 Hope she appreciates it the house is spotless! Mrs Hinch eat your heart out

ignoring the fact it’s absolutely floored me so the house probably won’t be this tidy again until the baby is 4

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Maybe slightly tmi but WHY does body hair have to grow so fast when you're pregnant? I swear I shaved my armpits this morning and they're spikey already. If I leave them a few days it'll look like Rapunzel coming out my pits. I'm due in the summer and I'm just going to have to walk round with hairy legs because HOW am I going to shave them all the time when I'm 35 weeks

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I’ve been lurking on here for a long time but never posted! I’m currently 29+3, second pregnancy and for the last 2 weeks I have developed really bad PGP. I work as a nurse on a really heavy ward in a hospital with lots of moving and handling and I’ve had the last 2 weeks off sick after basically breaking down in tears at work because of the pain.
I just don’t know if it’s worth me getting signed off now until my maternity leave starts or try to go through occupational health with a view to doing lighter duties on the ward, something which I’m not sure is possible as I can’t stand or walk around for long without suffering 😭. I have an almost 3 year old at home and it’s a struggle trying to stay active for her never mind throwing 12 hour shifts into the mix. It’s just making me feel soo defeated and depressed, I feel like an absolutely failure I can’t give my daughter the time and energy I once was, and then feel like a failure in my career as plenty of pregnant people work on hospital wards up until a lot further along than me. Just feeling really down with it all 😞
Also I had a scan today and my baby is breech with legs up to his face, should I worry about that at this stage?
I’m 30+4 with my second too and not exactly the same but I’m a HCA, I was signed off from 12 weeks due to migraines & severe anaemia then I developed PGP at around 20 weeks, the aim was for me to go back to work at the halfway point but it was literally impossible, at one point I was getting up off the couch and out of bed with a zimmer frame!! And once I got stuck on the toilet 🥲 So I’m still signed off and I’ve been having chats with work what would be best for me to do because I will have to go on maternity leave some point soon. Even though Ive been off already the majority of my pregnancy

I’m gutted my pregnancy has ended up this way - it’s been very lonely - being off for so long, Ive got a 4 year old that keeps me company at the weekends but it can be very hard and tiring and more often than not I’m nearly passed out on the sofa.

I would definitely recommend asking if you can be switched to lighter duties - as my main thing about being at home sick is the loneliness, and I would have preferred working right to the end because I’m thinking about more time with my little one and don’t want my maternity being cut shut with her - so if you’re the same see if lighter duties would fit you. If not, and if your health is really struggling with the PGP because it can be VERY painful 😭 take the time off because your health is most important!

Sorry for the sort of me-rail lol i was just trying to compare our similar situations x

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
We didn't mention anything on Facebook this time round as have had several friends struggling with fertility issues and other things and it felt a bit like I was rubbing it in having a second when they're struggling to have one. That being said the constant messages asking where wee one is are really getting on my nerves. Like we wouldn't say anything and I'm only one day past due 🤦‍♀️

rainbowunicorn9

Chatty Member
Feeling so frustrated today, had a plan in place with my midwife for a section this week and obviously pre op and then consultant is trying to talk me out of it and talk me into an induction instead even tho I have told them from the start I would rather a section than an induction again. Feel like they won’t actually listen to our wishes and keep changing the plan so last minute when I’ve got another child I need to make plans for too. Adding so much stress on.

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I just can’t cope with the tiredness 😭 I’m 29 weeks today and went on my daily 30 minute walk and walked into town too and I’m not long home and I’m exhausted. My stomach feels huge as well and I’m pretty sure I just waddle instead of walk now

• Heart
  • Sad

eppingforestbambi

VIP Member
You've done it now, all I can think about is a nice fruity cider in a pub beer garden with the sun shining down 🤤
Only 6 months to go😩
I literally can’t wait to share a bottle of red and some crisps with my friends in a pub.

I did IVF so I had months of non drinking and taking medication in the lead up to this pregnancy…. So it’s been like 18 months!

• Heart

rainbowunicorn9

Chatty Member
Usually love my midwife unit as they’ve been so helpful in the past but spoke to them today again re section that was meant to be end of this week as I was needing my pre op appointment and turns out I’m right and they’ve never booked in my section when I requested and now there’s no space until my due date. Their response was you might as well just try naturally now 🤦‍♀️ going in for a sweep in the next couple of days 🙄 feeling so frustrated and disappointed

• Wow
  • Sad

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Moved up a category on the poll 🥰 I can’t believe how quickly the first trimester went!

We’re finding out the gender soon and I can’t wait! I’ve held off buying any clothes for now but I’ve got loads saved to my wishlist for when we know what we’re having 😂

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Pregnancy dreams are so vivid it’s crazy. Twice I’ve had the same dream now that I’ve gone into labour and had the baby. I’m hoping the labour I’m dreaming about is what I get because it was super quick 😂 woke up this morning and leant over my bed as if I was looking into a crib because the dream was so realistic 😂

• Heart

amyy

VIP Member
32 weeks nearly and feeling it now!! Had a lovely pregnancy though apart from sickness up to 15 weeks ish.

starting to feel a bit ugh, everythings getting a bit swollen now, including my face!! I can't believe how much my face has changed although I haven't gained massive amount of weight, hope it goes down and my old face returns one day 😂

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I ordered a moses basket from Clair De Lune the other day and it came today and I set it up then because I couldn’t help myself and it’s so lovely! They have loads of lovely ones and I got it on sale with a discount code: baby20 ☺

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I'm loving not telling anyone I'm pregnant. My fella just wants it out there but I am enjoying keeping it to myself.

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
In laws took my toddler to nursery this morning and he cried ☹ Then I got thinking about having to leave him while I'm in hospital having this baby and I couldn't stop balling. Even just thinking about it now makes me tear up 😔

• Heart
  • Sad

dax

Honestly don’t know why I thought it would be a good idea to still be working at 37+3.
I did it last time but it’s so much harder this time. It doesn’t help that my heartburn is awful and I’ve got horrendous piles (sorry TMI). Really lucky to be wfh but all the sitting down is making it worse (but I also really need my 2nd screen!)

Roll on Friday when I put that out of office on.

Sorry for the woe is me/pity party over here 🎉🥳 just needed to rant!

• Heart

Sophiadee

VIP Member
no but I have family members this has happened to! One was 5 months before finding out I believe!
Not me personally but a family member has - she genuinely had absolutely no idea despite already having had a baby. She phoned an ambulance because she thought she was having an appendicitis and turned out the baby was born before they even reached the hospital. People always say to her that she must have known but she didn't, she'd had no reason to see a Dr for a blood test or anything that might show it up. She bled a few times which she now knows was not a period, but she assumed at the time it was and as her periods prior to that had been irregular anyway she didn't really think anything of it.
Crazy isn’t it, read so much on it for the past couple weeks and I can’t get over how common it seems to be. For the past 3 weeks, I’ve had movement which is identical to fetal movement (2 kids so I recognise it). I’ve had phantom kicks before but this is much stronger and literally all day every day. I’ve finally got a GP app tomorrow morning but I had to convince them and I heard the receptions take the piss out of me on the phone over this. I feel like I’m going mad but the movement is prominent at this point. I’ve had 3 negatives but I’ve read about the hook effect which is where you test negative if you test later on due to having such high hcg levels. I’ve also had odd periods these past 3/4 months and spotting in between them so there’s a chance they’re not actual periods. Whole thing’s driving me mad and I feel so embarrassed even getting medical help, I just know I’ll get belittled in tomorrow’s app either way.

• Wow
  • Sad