Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Has anyone here had a cryptic pregnancy/ found out they’re pregnant months in?
Not me but my MIL didn’t find out she was pregnant with her second til she was 21 weeks pregnant. She was told she’d had early menopause and hadn’t had a period since she was like 29 or something then she went to the hospital one day for her crohns and had to have a camera inside her, said she isn’t pregnant on the questionnaire and they were like ‘erm you have a baby inside you you know’ 😅

• Wow
Reactions: 7

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
The pregnancy insomnia is so real. I was awake so many times during the night last night. And rolling over in bed is beginning to feel like an extreme sport 😵💫

• Heart

Hamburglar

VIP Member
I’m 18w and I’ve only really started telling people since we had the gender scan 🤣 I feel so awkward and I cba to have the same conversation over and over. But my fella is really excited and wants to tell everyone so I’m trying to embrace that.

I’m not putting anything on social media till after the 20w scan but now I’m getting closer to that I might not bother and just announce the birth 🤣🤣

Lioness1

Chatty Member
Currently 5 days overdue and really fed up. In laws have been with us a week and despite promising to do stuff in the house so OH and I could spend some precious time with our toddler, they haven't. They've taken over looking after him 😒 I'm not really in a position to be able to do much because my lower back is so awful and the pressure in my pelvis has been really bad but it feels like they've stolen precious time with him away from me. On top of that I feel guilty because I know if they hadn't have taken him out, we couldn't have done anything any way. Plus they're now getting tetchy because baby is late, MiL literally bit off OH head this morning because he dared asked if they were heading out today 😬 Midwife was supposed to call with a day assessment unit appointment for today and details for an induction this coming Friday but never did. Text her this morning and she forgot 🙄 Fortunately have been booked in for an assessment tomorrow afternoon. In the mean time, I'm uncomfortable, I'm fed up, I'm exhausted, everything hurts and I just want to cry. No wonder baby isn't here yet, I wouldn't want to meet me either 😔
couldn’t think of anything worse than having my in laws over for a week! With having HG my in laws have took my toddler most days over the past few months but never once offered to help around the house. My own mum had to come and do some cleaning for me. You just need to think that it won’t be too long for you now, baby will be here soon!! Fingers crossed for you!

• Heart

Laughalong

VIP Member
I don’t feel like posting it on social media because I started my Instagram young, so have all sorts of followers I don’t actually know, so don’t care about. My ex’s friends still gossip about me and send him everything and again, don’t care for people to be able to talk about me. I’ve told everyone I want to know. So, I wasn’t gonna put it up at all and then one day I’ll just post a one year old 😂 buuuut I do have a holiday coming up and also a wedding, so if I do get a good bump pic from one of those I’ll probs post it with the caption ‘Brb’ 🤣. But not in a rush and also not bothered - it’ll purely be if I get a really nice picture

littlepup

VIP Member
Do you guys think it’s best I just stop doing pregnancy tests? I’m 6 weeks nearly 7. As some of you have said it’s not an indication on how well it’s going if you get me
I would. I was going through a loss and the tests still got darker, weeks went up on digitals, it gave false hope. Equally if the lines get lighter that can cause worry or even stop you seeking help you'd otherwise look for. They literally can't tell you anything.

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
That’s actually a strong possibility because I’m the same! Other than my partner I hate anyone touching/hugging me. My partner is the same, other than me and his mum he won’t hug/touch anyone.

Aww Baby R is going to be another weirdo 🥲😂

• Haha

littlepup

VIP Member
When do you stop testing?! My easy@home tests are getting darker. This is compared to Sundays.
View attachment 2809937
Congratulations!
You’ve got your strong positive, you can stop testing now. Testing won’t tell you anything about the progression of the pregnancy. Just try to relax and enjoy. Get your folic acid and vitamin D if you’ve not got it already. If you have a choice of birth hospitals start choosing which you’d like and do a self referral online on their website or phone your GP for the process in your area.

eppingforestbambi

VIP Member
I had my early scan today due to some spotting. My last period puts me at 6 weeks & 2 days but they said I’m measuring 5. They only saw the sac & nothing else 😥 They did say I could just be too early or it could be that the pregnancy isn’t progressing as it should. I do ovulate late (around day 22 of my cycle) so don’t know if that could be why? Got to wait 10 days for another scan. Hate all this waiting and not knowing. Anyone had anything similar happen?
Hope everything is OK. Keep us posted. Crossing my fingers for you x
---
C section is booked for 2 weeks today… but I feel SO tired and strange, have a feeling my waters may break early. These final weeks seriously drag….

Need to start collecting colostrum

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
My bump has completely changed since this time yesterday. It’s so weird. It’s gone from being like a beach ball just under my ribs and a really obvious bump to being really low down and just looking like I’ve been living on cake and chocolate for the past 7 months. And his kicks and movements feel so much lower down too, like around my belly button/across the middle of my belly rather than up by my ribs/stomach. I can breathe a lot easier but bending is impossible now so that’s fun 😂

Going to hang upsidedown like a bat for the next few weeks to stop him getting any lower 👀

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I am full of a cold 😫 I am always such a wimp when I've got a cold but having a cold when you're pregnant and can't take anything for it is even worse. 😂 Plus at nearly 20 weeks I am STILL throwing up daily. I hate moaning because I really am so grateful to be pregnant but boy, give a girl a break 😂 It will be all forgotten and worth it when he's here

• Heart

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
No sign of little one yesterday and seems to have bobbed up out of my pelvis again. Hopeful we can make it to Sunday before baby comes!

• Heart

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Had my 40 week midwife appointment, currently 40+2. Decided to have an exam because I wasn't sure if things were progressing or not. She said that baby's head is in my pelvis and my cervix has moved but that's it ☹ She's going to book me in for monitoring on Monday and an induction on Friday as they really don't want me going more than 9/10 days over 😔 Really disheartened, was hoping for better news given how uncomfortable I am with headaches, tummy pain, pelvic pain and lower back pain 😭

• Heart

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
my symptoms are back with a vengeance today, thanks ladies for all your kind words. I know logically symptoms dont mean much but it’s the sudden change that confused my brain yesterday 😵💫

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
We’ve got this but now I don’t know if I like it enough 🙈 but I’ve been banned from buying any more clothes because I’ve got 2 massive storage boxes full already 🙈
IMG_5377.jpeg

• Heart

Laughalong

VIP Member
I’ve put some flowers my partner got me on a story, if anyone’s clever enough they’d read between the lines and wonder why I’m posting 😂 as they’re clearly in my room… and currently don’t have children

• Heart

George01

Chatty Member
I think I've hit a wall today, my 2 year old was off his head for about 3 hours. Think I'm going to sleep for a year after it. Dunno how I plan on coping woth a newborn and a wild child haha

• Heart

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Think I may have lost some of my plug. Good job the in laws have arrived! Impeccable timing on baby's part 😂

• Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
Highly recommend taking magnesium tablets for cramping and restless legs.

I spent an hour last night on this Doula’s instagram because they had some amazing videos of birth but my God, they’re antivaxx, anti birth certificate (because then babies can be exchanged on the stock market!?), anti hospital, anti scans, believed placenta are stolen by hospital for profit…. The scare mongering and misinformation was insane! And people were lapping it up, buying her guide of course 🤬
Be careful out there ladies, these people are very convincing and play on your fears so well.

• Wow