• Full term/overdue

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Just had my baby

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Just here for the nosey

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continuing from here

• Heart
Reactions: 1
In the 19 week bracket now 🥲

…and the pregnancy insomnia has HIT HARD. I was awake for 3.5 hours last night 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m still just about in the same bracket. 25+3 today 😁
Been in hospital again this week and now considered high risk and under consultant care with lots of extra scans planned but as long as little man gets here safely that’s all that matters.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Crazy to be ticking 33-38 wow! I’m 36+1 now 🥹

I was woken up by agonising back pain last night - felt like a trapped nerve or something. Just feel like this baby is taking up so much room and I still have a month left. Where’s he going to grow!

• Sad
  • Heart
Has anyone experienced pain in one hip when they lie on ot? It's like numbness and burning mixed into one but only when I lie on my left side 😭

I woke up with back pain last night too! I’d only been asleep for less than an hour but I woke up and my back was killing! Went to the toilet and was fine then made myself paranoid I hadn’t felt her kick so I text my partner to bring up something to eat. He brought 2 cream cakes up 😂 then she started kicking straight away. Safe to say she likes chocolate eclairs and jam & cream scones lol. The back pain went away and haven’t had it since so maybe it was how I was sleeping idk

• Heart
Has anyone experienced pain in one hip when they lie on ot? It's like numbness and burning mixed into one but only when I lie on my left side 😭
Yep, I had this so bad no matter which side I slept on. Pregnancy pillow helped slightly, but not a great deal. By the end I was barely sleeping cos it was too uncomfortable had to keep switching sides every 5 mins

I was looking at pregnancy pillows last night and didn’t realise there’s so many to choose from! I wish there was somewhere I could go in to lie down and test them out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I was looking at pregnancy pillows last night and didn’t realise there’s so many to choose from! I wish there was somewhere I could go in to lie down and test them out 😂
Highly recommend the bbhugme if it’s in budget for you. It’s so comfy and you can adjust the firmness depending on your needs 😁

Reactions: 2
I've had no further bleeding since last night but my stomach was really hurting afterwards, but I'm not sure if that's just from how worried and worked up I got. I'm 7 weeks now and already have an early viability scan booked for this evening, so I'm not sure if I should just wait til then unless there's any more bleeding or anything?
I'm still so scared, we were trying for 2 years to fall pregnant 😢
My partner came home not long after it happened last night but was too drunk to be any use and forgot was I was upset 10 minutes after telling him?!
---
I've had no further bleeding since last night but my stomach was really hurting afterwards, but I'm not sure if that's just from how worried and worked up I got. I'm 7 weeks now and already have an early viability scan booked for this evening, so I'm not sure if I should just wait til then unless there's any more bleeding or anything?
My partner came home not long after it happened last night but was too drunk to be any use and forgot was I was upset 10 minutes after telling him?!
I spoke too soon, there's more blood again now but really dark only when I wipe. I feel sick with worry, I'll see if I can find an EPU to talk to. Is a maternity unit totally different to an EPU?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
---

I spoke too soon, there's more blood again now but really dark only when I wipe. I feel sick with worry, I'll see if I can find an EPU to talk to. Is a maternity unit totally different to an EPU?
Your hospital will have a maternity unit and a seperate EPU, they should have a number on the website, you might not be able to speak to someone proper cos it’s the weekend unfortunately. They may just try and reassure you over the phone - ring them anyway to see what they say, keep an eye on the blood, if you start filling a pad you can go to A&E that’s what they told me and what I did when I was bleeding heavily. Sending my love to you x

• Heart
I can't get through to anyone at the hospital, I'm trying 111 instead but not sure if that'll just be a waste of time?

I can't get through to anyone at the hospital, I'm trying 111 instead but not sure if that'll just be a waste of time?
It’s not a waste of time if you can’t get through to anyone in the hospital. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Hopefully it’s nothing bad and stops soon x

---

When you say darker is it dark red fresh blood or like old blood, going brownish? As others have said if you start to fill pad go to a&e.
I’ve been in lots of times for bleeding and whenever it’s been accompanied by pain they’ve said it’s probably because of the blood loss and not affecting the baby. They’ve also always wanted me to tell them how much blood which is really hard to estimate so they’ve instead told me to collect any pads and tissues after a bleed (🤮) so if you can try to save them so they can see what the blood loss is like if you manage to get to see someone. I sometimes just take photos if I’ve been out but when I’ve been admitted they give me a stash of bags to save them in for them so I do that at home now too when I phone triage to be checked because I have no idea how to estimate the amount.
Are you still in pain? Keeping everything crossed for you 🤞🏼 There are lots of reasons for bleeding during pregnancy and it definitely doesn’t always mean the worst but you should always try to get checked out. ❤

• Heart
I saw on the last thread re: bottles, if anyone is deciding to use mam bottles I’d just go straight for the bigger ones rather than the smaller ones. We only used the smaller ones over a matter of weeks and I wish I had just bought the bigger ones as the small ones are redundant now 😂😤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.