Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I know the NHS is strained but I gave a urine sample at my appointment yesterday and at the end my midwife asked me to take it away with me, wash the pot out and re-use that same pot for all samples throughout my pregnancy. I was shocked :ROFLMAO:

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

Laughalong

VIP Member
Laughing at all the food chat! Since I'm so early on I'm still trying to work out what I'm not really allowed. Really fancied a tuna sub roll from Greggs earlier, googled it when I got there and was gutted to see tuna is something they recommend avoiding. Already fuming I've got another 33 weeks of no medium rare steak, no sliced salami/chorizo and no soft cheese 😅
I’m quite mad on making sure I don’t eat anything bad/not recommended and the majority of my googling says tuna is perfectly fine in moderation. I’ve ate it with jacket potato a fair few times

• Heart

aggytha

VIP Member
hi guys, after saying I would stop testing last week, I ended up buying more tests because I couldn’t help it. I had dye stealers last week and now my test looks lighter this morning and I’m absolutely freaking out about it. Top test was one from last week and bottom is todayView attachment 2704523View attachment 2704524
that’s a lovely positive. I really don’t think it looks any lighter really!

I have read previously that there is such thing with pregnancy tests when the result can actually get lighter as your HCG gets much stronger.

I think we are all guilty of doing so but pregnancy tests really aren’t designed to watch the progression of lines and rather a simple positive/negative result! ❤

• Heart

Izzygurl

Not sure if this is the best thread to ask on, has anyone had a c-section at 37 weeks? Was everything ok with baby? Have just been told baby will be coming tomorrow will be 37+3.

• Heart

givemethegossx

Thank you for all of your messages ❤ I’m having such a difficult time at the moment and this was really hard to deal with today, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be okay🤞🏻

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Has anyone found their skin has really changed due to pregnancy?
Mine is so oily lately when I've never really had poly skin before, I seem to have new spots appearing every day. I'm glad I'm not in discomfort like some of you poor ladies are but I can't see i'm thrilled about looking like a badly aged spotty teenager!
Yeah I’m sooooo spotty! My skin is dead oily and I have new spots popping up everyday. Once one big one goes another comes 🥲

When I was pregnant with my son my skin went super clear. I’m pregnant with a girl now. My mum says girls take your beauty 👀

• Heart

User767676

Thank you both, I feel like I’m driving myself crazy!! I feel like it must’ve just been a faulty test, I just used the other 11 from the box all at once to stop me from testing again and they’ve all come back super dark. Partner thinks I’m going round the bend 😅 xx
Glad you’re feeling a bit better about it. It’s really hard not to look for a sign (good or bad) when you’re so early but please try not to test anymore (easier said than done). I know myself I had a test as dark as yours and was thinking is it as dark etc, it’s such a hard time. I felt better when I saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks (but still anxious before scans etc )

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I’ve had a couple of smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels since being pregnant 😬 😂

I’ve just ordered the next 2 me! We just had a moses basket for our first and I hated it! He just outgrew it so fast. We will use that one for new baby when she’s downstairs though

• Heart

George01

Chatty Member
Hi everyone! I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant and just so anxious! Because I'm no longer feeling sick constantly and it's too early to feel the baby move I feel like I'm stuck in limbo! Does anyone else feel like this? Some days I feel like I'm losing my mind!

• Heart

Laughalong

VIP Member
?? Where do you all live fucking hell I need to move to your areas. Getting an appointment here is awful even when something IS wrong. Out of hours scans?!

Miscarriage story trigger warning
On the day I miscarried I’d been bleeding sporadically for a few days already, cramps started at 3pm on the day it happened so I rang 111 instantly who got me into A&E. Doctor looked at me for one second, says I seem fine (cramps were getting worse and worse) and told me they don’t do ultrasounds at this time - it was 5pm so to come back the next day for one. He gave me a number to gynaecology to ring if it got worse. It did. Rang them and they said there’s no point coming as again they can’t see me anyway so I’ll just bleed and be in pain there! No one had even mentioned the possibility of miscarriage. So I didn’t even think of it. I fucking wish someone had as I’d of at least got mentally prepared, despite the fact a doctor saw me and cramps/bleeding are the two main symptoms??? Unsurprisingly I then kept cramping and bleeding and miscarriaged at home that night. No it couldn’t have been helped, but the medical attention could have been way better / availability of a scan could have told me something.

• Sad

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
It’s probably because they can’t say the only reason for bleeding would be the haemorrhage. If they said ‘don’t worry about any bleeding, you’ll be grand’ and you didn’t get it checked they’d be in trouble so just covering bases. They can never at any stage say that you’ll end up with a healthy baby. You’ll find they are very non committal about everything.
You’re completely right. I called and spoke to her again because I’d sent myself down a bad google rabbit hole and she said she can’t tell me it’s all going to be okay because before 12 weeks I still have as much of a risk as anybody else does but she’s not massively concerned as the haematoma isn’t wrapped around the baby thankfully xx
I knew it! Awww so pleased for you!
---

A hematoma? Generally they clear themselves up by 12 weeks.
Thank you ❤❤ yes, that’s what she said too but I think I focused too much on her wording and panicked myself lol. Fingers crossed it will all be fine 🤞xx

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I don’t really miss any of the banned foods etc but I do miss having a chai latte from Starbucks. I know I could fit it in to my caffeine allowance but when I tried to have one it made me so sick and I’m off any kind of hot drink other than hot chocolate anyway. But I miss that flavour so much! I even sent my partner out to get one so I could just sniff it a couple of weeks ago but it didn’t fix that need and I couldn’t bring myself to have a sip 😂

We’ve got pretty much everything we need now. Need to look for a moses basket because my sister was going to buy it but every pic she’s sent me has been frilly and awful so I’ve told her to get something else and I’ll buy the basket 😅 I’ve had to be extra prepared though because I’ve been warned I could be admitted to hospital for the remainder of my pregnancy at any point now so I went on a mad rush a few weeks ago and just got everything sorted.

• Heart

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
thanks! I did a clear blue digital today and it said 2-3.. I presume that’s without the 2 weeks extra so I’m about 4-5 weeks
Congratulations! My clear blue digital also says 2-3 weeks, but everything online says 4 weeks 1 day. It's so confusing! Looking back I think this baby may have been made on Christmas day 😅 We lost my partners dad very unexpectedly last year, I told my partner I think this baby is a Christmas present from his Dad ❤🥺

• Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
Re constipation. Soft dried apricots and Fybogel.

In first pregnancy threads people swore by one toddler pouch of prunes a day and taking them in your hospital bag to help that first post birth poop, but that wasn’t for me.

Had first mid wife appointment yesterday. 12+2. Had a scan and met the consultant. Found the whole thing extremely overwhelming and can’t quite believe it’s me at the appointments. Wonderful to see the baby they have grown so much since nine week scan. All good there. There was a lot of talk about the NIPT test so I have booked that, thr thoughts of it have me totally freaked out, all I can think is that there is going to be something wrong. Have the test next Wednesday and think it’s a week to ten days for the results. I got upset talking to the consultant about it, the guilt is crazy, I’m 45, maybe it is too old.. anyone felt like this??
Also consultant said that we will deffo have a section, I’m fine with that. At least we will have a date, and can plan as we both work for ourselves so it’ll take a bit of planning. Hopefully all is ok with the test and this worry will go away..
I’m 41, 2nd baby. Had NIPT with both, well worth it IMO.
There are things I think are harder being an older Mum but, personally speaking, there are lots of ways that my personality is better suited to motherhood now than it would have been when I was younger x

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
I don’t really miss any of the banned foods etc but I do miss having a chai latte from Starbucks. I know I could fit it in to my caffeine allowance but when I tried to have one it made me so sick and I’m off any kind of hot drink other than hot chocolate anyway. But I miss that flavour so much! I even sent my partner out to get one so I could just sniff it a couple of weeks ago but it didn’t fix that need and I couldn’t bring myself to have a sip 😂

We’ve got pretty much everything we need now. Need to look for a moses basket because my sister was going to buy it but every pic she’s sent me has been frilly and awful so I’ve told her to get something else and I’ll buy the basket 😅 I’ve had to be extra prepared though because I’ve been warned I could be admitted to hospital for the remainder of my pregnancy at any point now so I went on a mad rush a few weeks ago and just got everything sorted.
We were gifted a moses basket for our first thinking we'd have the next to me in our bedroom and the moses basket downstairs. Our son absolutely hated it. Even if he had liked it, he would have outgrown it very quickly as it is very narrow and short. The mattress was plastic coated so got very hot. 😬 Were you hoping to use the moses basket as a next to me?
---
What moses baskets/downstairs sleep solutions has everyone gone for? I can’t find anything I like. My sister was going to be buying it but I moaned too many times that her choices were too frilly so now I’m looking myself and nothing is jumping out at me. Is there an option that isn’t a moses basket? 😂
We're in Scotland so get the Baby Box. Have our SnuzPod upstairs and the box in the living room. Alternatively will use pram bassinet.
---
Anyone experienced such negative comments from the older generation? I've had people comment on me buying zipper sleepsuits, saying we managed with the popper ones etc and I bought an electric baby nail file and I've had comments like 'why are you scared to cut your babys nails, this is all we had back in the day', same with the frida snot picker!! It's soooo annoying. If new products are available, I'm going to try them for ease!

leave me alone lol
Not the older generation as such but have had a lot of negativity from my mother in law. When we told her we were having our second she turned round and said that she didn't even want children, let alone grandchildren and then said she had to contemplate the repercussions and hung up on us. When we visited at Christmas she avoided being in the same room as me, literally getting up and leaving every time I wandered in. Wouldn't mind but she lives about 9 hours drive away so it's not like we're asking her for childcare or any involvement. Miserable cow 🙄

Last edited:
  • Wow

Bumblebee2019

My clothes are all getting too tight but when I look online for maternity clothes/bigger clothes I hate absolutely everything 😭

• Heart