Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Found out baby is still breech at a scan yesterday, I’m 32 weeks. What’s the chances of it turning yet and when is it supposed to be head down by? Sonographer was very vague when I was asking these questions. Will ask my midwife at my next appointment but just wanting to gauge from anyone else
My youngest Was breech most of pregnancy. They couldn't try turn him as he was too little. Was booked for a section. Went in for my section and midwife had a feel of my belly and was like I'm sure he's moved position. Had a scan to confirm and happy days he was head down so induction/natural birth it was!

Hamburglar

VIP Member
I don’t have a clue how to do it, I joined a nub theory pregnancy group and posted my 12 week scan and I got all girl comments. And I’m having a girl 😂
That’s my plan, I’ve joined a fb group and keep comparing my pictures but nooo idea what I’m looking at 🤣🤣 so I think I will post and see what they say the fun of it!

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
I know this will probably vary from hospital to hospital but I'm trying to work out what baby formula I can take in my hospital bag. I wasn't able to breastfeed previously, just didn't work, and my son has IgE allergy (same as me and OH) so ended up being prescribed formula since the soy formula made him constipated. I don't want to buy dairy formula because a) I'm vegan and don't want to support that industry and b) given that both me and OH have the same allergy, the likelihood is this baby will too. Is it okay to take it powdered formula? The only premade bottles I've seen are the dairy ones, I've only seen the soy formula in powder form. Is hot water made available?

Of course I choose an evening where the department is busy. When I tried calling there was no answer after about an hour of trying straight no breaks. I assumed it was busy but instead of worrying all night over it I decided to come into the hospital and of course the receptionist makes me feel bad about coming in. I understand its busy I will wait I just want reassurance, I'm not here for the craic like 😑
I think for your own piece of mind who cares what they think. Your reassurance is more important

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
She slept in the sleepyhead during the day and Snuzpod next to me at night with no issues and then about 4/5 months we moved her through to sleeping in the Snuzpod in the bedroom for naps too as she wasn’t sleeping well in the living room anymore where it was day light and then moved into a big cot in her own room at 6.5 months with no issues again so I certainly recommend the sleepyhead but know many don’t! X
Thank you! We’ve got the snuzpod for the bedroom too so might order the sleepyhead! It looks so much cosier than a Moses basket 🥰

Hey, hope everyone is doing ok! I am due to have my 12 week scan next Friday however I’ve been really suffering with anxiety this week and worrying that everything is ok (think it is where my nausea has eased off slightly) and now I’m worrying if everything is ok. I was going to book a private scan for tomorrow just to put my mind at ease but it says you should leave 2 weeks between scans. Has anyone had 2 scans a week apart? And do you think it will be ok? I’ve had a look online and it says there is no evidence to suggest it causes any harm to the baby but just what they advise. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you

Laughalong

VIP Member
Lots and lots of baby offers on at the min. Looks like Boots were selling a lot but in store only, the stand outs being a set of Mam bottles and that Tommy prep machine (that everyone seems to advise against)

Anyone got any suggestions (other than ginger🤢) to help with morning - aka all day - sickness?

It’s been weeks now and I feel guilty that I’ve totally ruined Christmas for my kids by lying in bed most days 😢

Never had any sickness previously so this has knocked me for six. I’ve also had a gastric sleeve so now worried the baby is getting no nutrients. Help 🥺

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I am finalllllly joining here!!! 22 weeks baybeeeee. What’s everyone bought at 22 weeks? I literally have clothes, bibs and muslins. Just the essentials. But no next to me / cot / car seat or pram. Lolsssss
I’m 22+5!!!

I’ve got the travel system, ordering the next to me tomorrow. Got some baby grows, some muslins, some vests. Got hooded towels, a few blankets and a tummy time pillow. Lol 😅

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Im sure I read that anywhere from 26-32 weeks is good later on! I was 30+3 for mine, he already had chubby cheeks and we saw a yawn on the live video bit 🥰 I can't believe it was nearly 6 weeks ago already!!
So cute! I never had one with my first but I really want to get one this time round

Yes I’ve said this in here before. It’s awful. The NHS aren’t providing them for fun.
My hospital’s maternity Facebook group had loads of Mums complaining that their older kids couldn’t be there to ‘meet baby’ like it’s a day out and not checking for anomalies that can be life threatening or changing. Imagine receiving that news with your older children there.
In Ireland up to recently they weren't allowing visitors just a designated person to go in when you had the baby. Now they're allowing kids in the last number of weeks to go into the babies.. The same time they're telling us to cacoon with our babies due to respitory illnesses

hazmaz

Chatty Member
Thank you for saying about the tog level and then clothes this is so helpful. Just picked up a newborn 1 tog love to dream swaddle on Vinted for a fiver! So we can see if it works.

Baby due in March so if cold can just layer up like you say. Hopefully it comes easier when baby has arrived but I find the amount of layers you need to clothe them with plus blankets and swaddle very confusing.
Not all babies will take to them but we adore them. We used the Tommee yippee ones during the early days but she much prefers the L2D. You’ll know what’s too hot/cold for babe 🥰

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Thanks everyone, she never discriminates as such, it's just her attitude towards people changes for the worst in those situations. Nothing she can really be pulled up for but it's still not pleasant!

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’m also looking on advice what to do for day time sleeping until baby is old enough to nap in the bedroom unsupervised. With my first child I used a sleepyhead/Dockatot on the sofa next to me (always supervised) but this time round I’m not sure that’s going to be the best bet as my older one is 2 years old and boisterous so not sure a sleepyhead on the sofa is the best idea, I will obviously be there 99% of the time but toddlers are quick and I’m worried she’d maybe climb on him or pull the sleepyhead off the sofa.

Is it worthwhile getting a Moses basket? Would this deter the toddler? Or should i just wait and see how it goes once the baby is here? Baby could sleep in the pram I suppose but I don’t really want to be cleaning it constantly to take into the sitting room. So unsure what the most practical solution is. We also have a baby bjorn bouncer & Mamaroo.
Sorry I’m not answering your question but did your older baby adjust ok to all the extra space when they came out of the sleepyhead/got too big for it? I’m looking at one as a moses basket alternative but some of the reviews say babies really struggle sleeping elsewhere after being snuggled in a sleepyhead/dockatot

Its_Me

VIP Member
Nope! 😅 it was one of my first symptoms although I didn’t know it at the time. Now I take medication for HG that causes it too and it’s a daily battle. I’ve got lactulose prescribed but it’s so thick and sweet it makes me gag so I struggle taking it. Can’t wait to be back to normal one day…🤞🏼
Oh that sounds lovely, bless you. I actually started off the other way but soon changed.

littlepup

VIP Member
Any ladies in third trimester doing perineal massage? I’m planning to start today 😬 after a warm bath haha.
Just wondering how frequently I should be doing it ?
This link below gives a transcript of all the research, pros and cons etc.
I tried, didn’t get on with it S I couldn’t figure out if I was doing it right, ended up with a c-section anyway 😂

AT_16

It’s a long way off but if he doesn’t want anything to do with baby, and you don’t want financial support, I’d suggest you don’t put him on the birth certificate. Check out the legal rights you’d both gain and lose by doing so.
If he makes further physical threats, report him.
Thank you, i did say to him if he is walking away and sure of it then I will not put him on the birth certificate x

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I'm sorry to hear others have the same, but I'm glad it's not just me and that there's a (nice!) reason for it.
I don't think it helps that by evening I have zero motivation or energy to carry out any proper sort of skincare other than a quick wipe with a micellar water soaked pad and a bit of night cream. Not even 6 weeks and the exhaustion is real already 😅
---

There's a MIL thread?! Does it include step MIL's because get me involved! :ROFLMAO:
Yessssss come and join!!!!