Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I felt like such a fraud phoning my GP to tell them I'm pregnant this morning, feels like I'm acting out some kind of fantasy 😅
I've ended up doing a self-referral for the hospital I'd like my midwifery care to be with. It says it could be 2 weeks til I hear from them. Why do I feel like it's going to be the longest two weeks ever?! And I thought the 2 week wait after doing the deed was long 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I've been doing so well and I ended up tripping today on wet ground. I ended up landing on my hands and knees and my ankle is throbbing. My stomach was fully protected and I'm not too worried but going to get checked out anyway. Don't want to tell anyone to worry anyone apart from my partner but just needed to get it out here 😊 I've plenty of movement since but reassurance is probably important

• Heart

aggytha

VIP Member
I don’t think I ever had a pregnancy glow with my first! The only random positives I’ve had which I hope continues with this pregnancy are:

hair never greasy (can get away with washing it only 1-2 times a week!)
armpit hair grows slower (no idea why, didn’t have to shave them for months when I first started breastfeeding 😂)
and slightly swollen/fuller lips in the 3rd trimester (giving natural lip filler vibes) 🤣

• Heart
We were just thinking of using our pram bassinet downstairs. And have a Next To Me for upstairs. Do you think a Moses basket is a good idea?
That's what I'm doing! Bought a base for the bassinet on amazon for €20. A lot of people say don't bother with moses basket and I figured I paid enough for the buggy.

Anyway I'm being induced 37 wks 3 days. Honestly shitting myself but I don't think I was ever going to be ready

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I don’t think I ever had a pregnancy glow with my first! The only random positives I’ve had which I hope continues with this pregnancy are:

hair never greasy (can get away with washing it only 1-2 times a week!)
armpit hair grows slower (no idea why, didn’t have to shave them for months when I first started breastfeeding 😂)
and slightly swollen/fuller lips in the 3rd trimester (giving natural lip filler vibes) 🤣
Omg with the armpit hair - it’s totally different for me! It grows sooooo fast!!! Feels like i’m shaving constantly 🤣

• Haha

Laughalong

VIP Member
I think my biggest peeve with being pregnant is you can’t take nurofen. Works 500x quicker and more effective than paracetamol. It’s basically pointless

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
Aww I had a July baby last year and LOVED being pregnant in the sun☀ lovely little dresses to show off the bump, and I continued my daily walk which I know I wouldn’t have done in the winter and used the weather as an excuse🤣 Hoping I can plan my next one to be a summer baby too!
In terms of clothing, they’re so little and fragile I still had him in short sleeve vests and long sleepsuits/babygrows ☺ and I took a hat to wear home from the hospital! Hope that helps X

• Heart
baby frog has arrived, he’s perfect 🥰🥰 so in love, but struggling a bit to breastfeed which is getting me down
Congratulations on your new arrival! Don’t feel too disheartened, your body has and is doing amazing things ! take care of yourself.
---
38 weeks pregnant today.
And I’ve just finished work and started my mat leave 😬 feels so strange but I don’t think it will hit me until Monday.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I have no advice on the pain but for the annoying snoring partner - kick him out of your bed for now! Either to a spare room or the sofa permanently until you’ve had baby. It’s the best thing I did. He sleeps in the spare room and I have the whole bed, room for my pregnancy pillow and nobody snoring in my ear. Sleep is so important when you’re growing a baby, and especially when you’re struggling with it anyway because of your pain you need to prioritise getting what you can. Don’t put up with it ❤

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I've got some awful cramping today, it's like really sharp cramps and my stomach feels really hard and bloated. I'm trying not to panic and just assume it's that round ligament pain or whatever but I can't stop worrying :(

• Heart

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
Feeling a little worried today as the past two days I’ve had nausea which felt like travel sickness and food aversions. My boobs hurt a bit less today and I’ve felt completely fine all day, no nausea whatsoever. I know it’s normal for symptoms to fluctuate but just can’t shake the feeling something is wrong and I’m gonna get to my scan on Monday and not hear a heartbeat
Spent far too much time on google and driven myself insane with worry so booked an out of hours GP appointment just for a bit of reassurance hopefully 🥲

• Heart

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
Try to remember symptom spotting won’t get you anywhere but stress and stress can be harmful for baby. Lack of sleep will make any anxiety worse. Some women have no symptoms at all. If anything bad had happened, you’d still have the hormones for a long while so symptoms really are meaningless to tell you anything. Hoping Monday will ease the worry for you 🤍
There are courses you can do for pregnancy anxiety and guided meditations if you think they could help?
I know, logically, you’re completely right, I just can’t stop sending myself into ultimate panic mode over the tiniest of things 😅 it doesn’t help that I have ADHD so completely fixate on things like this and can’t sleep or think about anything else until it’s resolved in my mind, it’s just so draining. Meditation sounds like it could help, will have a little look, thank you so much ❤

• Heart

LE123

Hello all!! My first time posting here. Just found out we are pregnant, 4 weeks 1 day after trying for a few months. Excited and nervous. Baby is due 8 September if all goes well. I am however, meant to be a bridesmaid for my friend at her wedding on 14th September. This is my first baby so I’m curious to know people’s opinions -Is this a write off? I want nothing more to be there on her day so I am dreading telling her… I also have a very short cervix due to early cervical cancer at 26. Likely to need a stitch so that does add another layer of complexity!

Laughalong

VIP Member
I don’t know if anyone’s got any words of advice for me. I found out I was pregnant Oct/Nov (ended up miscarrying end of Nov). The second I found out I was the picture of health, gave up all fizzy drinks - I drink a lot normally. Didn’t even have to - I just wanted to. Basically ate spinach and eggs daily, only healthy meals. Wouldn’t even touch a Mcdonald’s chip. And I miscarried.

Now I’m 6 weeks pregnant again (Yes, I’m just as shocked as you that I’m pregnant lol) but I have no motivation to do what I did last time. Maybe in my sub conscious I’m sadly thinking “Well I did all that last time and it still happened” - even though I know that bares absolutely no reason on why I did miscarry. But all I want this time is bad food. Chips, burgers, sweets, choc. A lot of stuff makes me feel nauseous this time which didn’t happen last time. I’m still making sure I’m drinking juices and eating fruit, but I definitely don’t have the same passion as the first time for it. Hoping I’m just gonna get over it as I hit the 12 week point etc?

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I'm 12 weeks today :) I've spent the morning throwing up and retching at any slight smell that catches my attention :(
---
Honestly it's hard not to worry. I've had a few painful nipple tingles but nowhere near as sore as they was. Not like I got any other real symptoms aside from 50 hr naps to help me determine if I still feel pregnant lol.
My boobs were super sore for the first few weeks then nothing. Now I'll occasionally get a slight soreness if I roll over in bed but generally not as sore as they were. I know it's easier said than done but try not to hyper fixate on that 1 symptom. Obviously I'm suffering with sickness now but other than that I've not really had any symptoms! Hopefully once you've had your scan you'll feel more at peace x

• Heart

Seeemm

Chatty Member
Anyone else not feeling the cold? I’m not roasting but I’m not freezing cold like most of the women in my office 🤪 dunno if it’s me thing or a pregnancy thing

• Heart

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
hi guys, after saying I would stop testing last week, I ended up buying more tests because I couldn’t help it. I had dye stealers last week and now my test looks lighter this morning and I’m absolutely freaking out about it. Top test was one from last week and bottom is todayView attachment 2704523View attachment 2704524
As someone else said, the darkness of the lines isn't a reflection on how the pregnancy is going, and can be affected by when you test/how much you've drunk/how far along you are (tests often won't show a positive or only show a faint positive after a certain point) - I know it's really hard when you're anxious and worried, and the wait in the early stages is almost painful, but repeat tests won't tell you anything. An early scan might give you some reassurance, but other than that all you can do is take your folic acid, check the NHS pages for dos/don'ts and contact the midwife team for advice if you have any spotting or cramping (both of which can be normal in a healthy pregnancy so not a reason to panic, just a reason to ask for advice) ❤

• Heart