Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Baby skinny was born at 1:50 am this morning. After a pretty traumatic birth that resulted in a forceps delivery she’s here and well. although I’m incapacitated for now and husband can’t come back until 9. So happy she’s here and all is well.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
Just had my scan at the EPU, measuring exactly right with a little heartbeat 🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 27
My body wasn’t specifically getting ready for birth. It was having pre eclampsia…
I’m getting induced and baby boy is expected to arrive tomorrow. It’s really unexpected and I’m adjusting. Husband is now off to get more stuff for in the hospital.
Baby Darth was born on 30th of December at 20:42. He’s such a small little bundle of love ❤ we’re still at the hospital for the pre eclampsia. Hope to go home tomorrow:)

• Heart
Reactions: 24

freddofrog

baby frog has arrived, he’s perfect 🥰🥰 so in love, but struggling a bit to breastfeed which is getting me down

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Well looks like she’s coming in the next 24 hours or so. Waters having broken. Been to maternity triage and checked. Low risk, baby fine so sent home to go into labour naturally or if not back at 10pm tonight for induction. I think I will go naturally though as getting pains already. Going to try and get some sleep 😂 and then hopefully have time to wash my hair in the later morning etc before needing to go back in.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I absolutely cannot believe I'm able to join this thread and all of you lovely ladies, but after two tough years of ttc, I found out I'm pregnant last night. I'm in absolute shock as I've had absolutely no symptoms other than AF just not showing up. I'm over the moon, feel so incredibly lucky but extremely worried all at the same time. Ironically I was due to start my fertility journey with the NHS tomorrow.
Sorry if this is a really daft question, but other than taking folic acid daily, what can I do to give this pregnancy the best chances?

• Heart
Reactions: 18

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
20 week scan went well! They have confirmed she is indeed a girl too because I had a sneaky feeling they’d be like ‘oh it’s a boy’ 😂 Feeling really real
now, cant believe I’m halfway!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well it’s my due week! Due on Friday.
Husband is on pins 😂 he’s working nights and I rang him last night to complain about the wheelie bin falling over outside as it was being collected this morning and he thought I was ringing in Labour. No specific signs. Eating dates, drinking raspberry leaf tea, doing birth ball stretches and collecting colostrum.
would like this week to do final bits to feel fully organised.
will see how we go!

• Heart

George01

Just had our 16 week scan, another boy for us! Couldn't be happier seeing my little boy after feeling so anxious for weeks 💙

• Heart
Happy new years to ye new mamas, to be mamas and also to anyone else who is wanting to be a mama 😘 hope 2024 everything will work out and this thread be a safe space to share the good and bad

• Heart
Reactions: 13

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Can't get a scan at the 2 places my city has. No spaces available this month apparently?? Oh ffs don't wanna have to mission anywhere. Sent my fella shop for ONE SPECIFIC thing. Wrote it down and specifically said please check before you buy. His got me the wrong thing. Always does shite like this or you'll ask him for something very specific to eat and he'll do something vile instead as a "surprise".
This post reminded me of the time I asked my boyfriend to get me a pregnancy test and he came back with menopause tests lol

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Laughalong

VIP Member
Had my early reassurance scan today… showing at somewhere between 7w 3d and 8 weeks. She says the baby has attached for sure so looks really good, and found a good strong heartbeat. She was very reassuring to me and I left feeling really good, where as tbh since finding out I’ve felt so uneasy as it’s around the week I lost last time

• Heart
Reactions: 12

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I’m at my maternity assessment unit getting an iron infusion! I’m currently hooked up to a drip and my arm feels weird but I’m looking forward to eventually getting a bit more energy when I’ve done a few courses of it. Got to hear babies heartbeat too and heard her moving about lots too! I’m 19+3 and currently in that limbo waiting for the next scan so was nice & reassuring hearing her heartbeat and her move

• Heart
Reactions: 12

aggytha

VIP Member
I had my 16 week appointment and met the multiples midwife for the first time today! Got to hear both their heartbeats 🥹 I still cannot believe it. I am so happy but so so terrified.

On a random note: has anyone ever had thyroid problems whilst pregnant?

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Seeemm

Chatty Member
Nearly 10 weeks (if my dates are correct) and have my first scan tomorrow. I’m so excited but kind of scared that they’ll not find anything.. positive thoughts, positive thoughts ✨✨

• Heart
Reactions: 11

eppingforestbambi

VIP Member
33 weeks and being such a grumpy cow. Every part of my body hurts. And we have zero biscuits or sweet treats in the house. My husband said “how about some oatcakes?”

anybody know a number of a good criminal lawyer who can represent me in an upcoming murder trial?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

aggytha

VIP Member
Does anyone just feel like they want to cry all the time for seemingly no obvious reason?! ☹

I mean, I have a million thoughts and questions going round in my head since we found out it was twins and I just feel like I’m not coping at all 😭 I feel so sad and guilty because this was our last Christmas as a family of 3 with our 3yo and I feel like I wasn’t as present as I should’ve been because I’ve been so sick 😭

I’m guessing it’s just hormones but everything feels so difficult right now.

• Heart

Elisha97

Chatty Member
Thank you for your stories everyone, it’s giving me hope I’ll be joining back in this thread soon with a rainbow pregnancy/ baby 💚

• Heart