Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Laughalong

VIP Member
Miscarriage trigger - Q about cramps

Random cramps / stomach pains anyone? I had some last night. Probs for around half an hour. They were sharp ones, nothing toilet related. Started to worry tbh because they were my second symptom after the bleeding before I miscarried in Nov. I’m not bleeding though and it went away. I did ring the gynaecology ward I went to last time but they just said if I’m not bleeding it’s probs something else which made me feel no better. I’m just such a worrier this time around

• Heart
Reactions: 6

littlepup

VIP Member
i always told myself i wouldn’t put any pressure on breastfeeding and now he’s here i really am 😩 and the midwives in hospital gave such conflicting advice! we’ll see how i go, this entire baby thing is overwhelming isn’t it!!!
I was exactly the same, I said it didn’t matter either way then I became fixated on BF. Traumatic birth ending in emergency CS. I remember baby staring up at me so helpless and feeling like I’d failed them. Suddenly BF because the be all and end all, I got it in my head I was failing then if I couldn’t feed them, why couldn’t my body do all this, I must be a terrible mum. We parents suffered with eczema and ear problems that BF is proven to help and thought I’d never forgive myself if I didn’t try harder, I’d be letting them suffer because I wasn’t tough enough. So I put myself through hell mentally and physically. I realise now it was PP hormones messing with my sense of reasoning and rationality.

It was great in the end, so many positives, but was it worth it? I’m not sure. They were fine with a bottle at first but I didn’t offer it for a while and suddenly they refused it, meant I couldn’t leave them for more that 3 hours which is also hard on Mum, I definitely wish I’d have kept up the bottle.
Oh and they do have eczema anyway, maybe it would have been worse if I hadn’t BF, who knows, but breast milk isn’t a magic cure, a loving, present, happy mother able to comfort their child because they’re in a good head space is x

• Heart
36 weeks and I can honestly say I'm fed up, thinking how I could do another 5 weeks before being induced is crippling feeling at the moment I'm so done.
Completely TMI but I'm walking up in pain on my side and crying as I feel so lonely (I know it's hormones) I've thrush the last two weeks and keep having diarrhea 😂 feck this pregnancy glow bullshit far from glamourous

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
?? Where do you all live fucking hell I need to move to your areas. Getting an appointment here is awful even when something IS wrong. Out of hours scans?!

Miscarriage story trigger warning
On the day I miscarried I’d been bleeding sporadically for a few days already, cramps started at 3pm on the day it happened so I rang 111 instantly who got me into A&E. Doctor looked at me for one second, says I seem fine (cramps were getting worse and worse) and told me they don’t do ultrasounds at this time - it was 5pm so to come back the next day for one. He gave me a number to gynaecology to ring if it got worse. It did. Rang them and they said there’s no point coming as again they can’t see me anyway so I’ll just bleed and be in pain there! No one had even mentioned the possibility of miscarriage. So I didn’t even think of it. I fucking wish someone had as I’d of at least got mentally prepared, despite the fact a doctor saw me and cramps/bleeding are the two main symptoms??? Unsurprisingly I then kept cramping and bleeding and miscarriaged at home that night. No it couldn’t have been helped, but the medical attention could have been way better / availability of a scan could have told me something.
That’s terrible. I’m so sorry you were treated so badly 😔

Editing to add my early pregnancy care was good but it’s been shocking since. I started bleeding at around 16 weeks and it’s taken for my midwife to ring the hospital yesterday to give them an earful for them to actually provide proper care. I’ve been admitted again now at 25 weeks and it’s probably the first time they’ve actually given me any actual reassurance. Last week they told me to monitor my bleeding at home myself and weren’t even going to see me until I phoned them loads of times, and then they sent me home again to monitor at home after a quick check over which is against protocol. Whereas other areas get admitted for any bleeding, extra scans etc. So I think every area probably has their shit bits 😔 yours sounds extra shitty though 😔

Last edited:
  • Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I have got my 12 week scan this week, even though I'm a little under 12 weeks and I'm so nervous!

• Heart

User767676

Just got my screening results and at low risk for all three syndromes. So relieved! Feel like now I need to start telling people but now I can I don’t want to haha! I enjoy it being a secret but I’m looking forward to not having to come up with excuses all the time !
---
I've had diarrhea on and off for days and panicking cause google said it can be a sign of MC.
My tummy has been dodgy since I’ve been pregnant

• Heart

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
Thank you all so much, you’re all so beyond lovely 🥹💕 although my scan is a week today, sorry I worded it quite badly hahaha but I will carry the well wishes through to next week, they are much appreciated 💖

• Heart

Crb250

I don’t know if anyone’s got any words of advice for me. I found out I was pregnant Oct/Nov (ended up miscarrying end of Nov). The second I found out I was the picture of health, gave up all fizzy drinks - I drink a lot normally. Didn’t even have to - I just wanted to. Basically ate spinach and eggs daily, only healthy meals. Wouldn’t even touch a Mcdonald’s chip. And I miscarried.

Now I’m 6 weeks pregnant again (Yes, I’m just as shocked as you that I’m pregnant lol) but I have no motivation to do what I did last time. Maybe in my sub conscious I’m sadly thinking “Well I did all that last time and it still happened” - even though I know that bares absolutely no reason on why I did miscarry. But all I want this time is bad food. Chips, burgers, sweets, choc. A lot of stuff makes me feel nauseous this time which didn’t happen last time. I’m still making sure I’m drinking juices and eating fruit, but I definitely don’t have the same passion as the first time for it. Hoping I’m just gonna get over it as I hit the 12 week point etc?
Try not to worry, if you're able to take your folic acid & vitamin D but don't worry too much about your diet, I think everyone eats rubbish to some degree in the first trimester because nausea and sickness is so common! I had hyperemesis gravidarum with my first daughter in 2018 where I was sick right until birth and my diet was terrible, I couldn't even keep water or vitamins down for the first 18 weeks and she's now a happy healthy 5 year old. I then had a miscarriage with my second pregnancy in May 2023 where I wasn't sick or nauseous at all for 11 weeks so my diet was reasonably good and I took all of my vitamins.

I then fell pregnant again July 2023 (I'm now 28 weeks pregnant) and I've had hyperemesis gravidarum again since 6 weeks, with multiple hospital visits due to not being able to keep food or water down. Wasn't able to take any folic acid or vitamins from 6 weeks pregnant as I couldn't keep them down and baby is growing healthy and well. I'm still sick most days so my diet is nowhere near as healthy as pre pregnancy as I can't stomach vegetables at all without being sick, only fruit!

The midwives and consultants I've seen have always assured me that baby takes everything they need from me and not to worry too much about my diet, I can only survive day to day and hopefully this baby will be a good weight and healthy when born like her big sister

• Heart

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I'm only 5 weeks along so no visible signs around my stomach yet, but my chin seems to have spouted a new mountain range of spots and jesus the gassiness is real isn't it, my poor partner hahaha.

Other than that I still feel like I have massive imposter syndrome, then when I do dare believe it I get overwhelming worry that it won't stick around long enough to even get to my first scan.

And they all say pregnancy is a magical time 😩🤣

• Heart
I am finalllllly joining here!!! 22 weeks baybeeeee. What’s everyone bought at 22 weeks? I literally have clothes, bibs and muslins. Just the essentials. But no next to me / cot / car seat or pram. Lolsssss

• Heart

jolly_parsley

Chatty Member
The stuff you’re not recommended to have during pregnancy I’ve not missed too much, but the stuff you have to not have/limit yourself with the gestational diabetes diet limitations are a real struggle - my main food groups are chocolate and carbs! My due date is early April so going to stock up on Easter eggs and when Baby Parsley is here I’m going to eat nothing else for days 🤣 the hospital also has a M&S so going to send my husband down for a Colin the Caterpillar ASAP as a very belated birthday cake for myself! Also - sounds so lame - but I just can’t wait to have a bowl of cereal!

• Heart

LavaFlake

VIP Member
Latest midwife appointment went well although he’s now measuring at the 90th centile! It was just through measuring my belly which I know isn’t 100% accurate but hope I don’t have to push out a huge baby. He was 30th centile at 28 weeks! But she’s happy with his growth trajectory which is what matters.

Can’t believe he’ll be here in around a month 🥹

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Has anyone else got or did you have pelvic girdle pain in their pregnancy? I’ve been in agony last few days but today was really bad, I couldn’t stand up after my lunch and rang my partner sobbing, he had to get his Mum to come round and let herself in to help me up 😭 then when I rang my midwife she told me to go to triage! So I spent the afternoon at my MAU and they told me it was pelvic girdle pain 😭 Never felt pain like it!

• Sad
  • Heart
Have they kept you in? Hopefully the detailed scan will show everything is ok. From everything I’ve read on pregnancy groups etc those measurements can be way out, a matter of mm can make such a huge difference on the size charts but is so hard to get accurate via a scan at that stage as baby is so big. Fingers crossed the experts see you soon and you get reassurance that everything is ok. Keeping everything crossed for you 🤞🏼

Also hope you’re doing ok and that the coughing blood isn’t anything serious.
No they didn't as I'm close to the hospital, I'm only a 15 min drive as the doctor asked where we were living. I'd rather sleep in my own bed anyway..
Ive been sick with a cold/cough the last week so it's just been a bit of a roller coaster but look worse case scenario I get baby cuddles sooner than I thought!

• Heart

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
Thank you all so much, you’re all so beyond lovely 🥹💕 although my scan is a week today, sorry I worded it quite badly hahaha but I will carry the well wishes through to next week, they are much appreciated 💖
Good luck for next Monday! I have my 7 week early scan booked with ultrasound direct for this coming Saturday, I'm so nervous and excited. I still don't feel in the least bit pregnant!

• Heart

Seeemm

Chatty Member
7 weeks today and I just booked an early scan for 2 weeks time. My dates might be off a week so as much as I’d love an earlier one, I don’t want to get my hopes up and it’d be too early to check for a heart beat etc.

Anyway, I suddenly have really bad dandruff. Noticed it after I washed my hair yesterday and it’s sooooo itchy

• Heart

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
Thank you all ❤ I’m definitely not gonna buy anymore now, will just have to wait until my 7 week scan, I don’t know how everybody manages all of this, it’s so difficult!! x

• Heart

Bumblebee2019

I’ve got the most hideous cold and earache today 😩 normally I’d power through but I’m taking the day off feeling sorry for myself on the sofa.

• Sad
  • Heart

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
Thank you all so much, I’ve calmed down now and I’m ACTUALLY gonna stop testing this time lol xx
Are you planning to go for an early scan? I did last week as I couldn’t work out how far I was (I hadn’t had a period again after miscarrying at 7 weeks 28th Nov and somehow am pregnant again lol) so I went thinking I was 7 weeks… turns out I was only 5w ish according to the lady. She was however able to confirm my sac is in the right place, so definitely not etopic pregnancy and that I was definitely pregnant. Even though that’s literally all she could say I found comfort in it, and going back next week to hopefully hear a heartbeat. Maybe this could be good for you?
Yes, I have one booked for when I’m 7 weeks, it still feels like such a long way away though, hence the looking for reassurance in tests 🥲 it’s really good that they were still able to see something to give you a bit of peace of mind at 5 weeks xx

• Heart