Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
Hi loves, my little one is 9.5 months old but I still keep an eye here just because this place was my go to when I was pregnant and reading your posts makes me want to be pregnant all over again even though I was not a happy pregnant lady 😂 love to you and your little bundles xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My body wasn’t specifically getting ready for birth. It was having pre eclampsia…
I’m getting induced and baby boy is expected to arrive tomorrow. It’s really unexpected and I’m adjusting. Husband is now off to get more stuff for in the hospital.

• Heart

Renegade

I heard baby’s heartbeat for the first time today (18+2) 🥹 I had seen it on scans but never heard it. It was amazing. The rush of emotions! 😭

I did feel guilty that my husband didn’t get to hear it as it was just a GP checkup and I didn’t expect to hear it, but not long to our next scan.

They said I’m measuring a week ahead and my BP is low, which seems to be “normal” in pregnancy.

• Heart

saslou

new to the thread and going for my first viability scan today with ultrasound direct, glad i found your comments this morning as I was nervous about going to them!

• Heart

Keera

VIP Member
Hi ladies I’m so happy I can finally join this thread - I’m 4 weeks so very early, but I just wanted to ask if anyone had any advice on when to tell their work they were pregnant when working a physically demanding/ risky job (I’m a nurse) - I think I’ll have to tell soon because occasionally we handle chemo pumps which are obviously a big no, I also assume there are also risk assessments that have to be done but perhaps not til later?

• Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
Anyone experienced such negative comments from the older generation? I've had people comment on me buying zipper sleepsuits, saying we managed with the popper ones etc and I bought an electric baby nail file and I've had comments like 'why are you scared to cut your babys nails, this is all we had back in the day', same with the frida snot picker!! It's soooo annoying. If new products are available, I'm going to try them for ease!

leave me alone lol
Ask them if they’ll be using a horse and cart to visit, sending best wishes by carrier pigeon and a chalk and slate card. You’ll assume then they won’t want any photos sending and wait to receive news of baby’s arrival via telegram.

I suspect many of them used Terry towel nappies but are happy for you to use disposable, I can’t imagine they suggest baby is just slung on the back seat without a seat belt so why should other time saving or safety measures be scoffed at. Proudly take advantage of any and all measures that can make your life a bit easier and hopefully you won’t become bitter in later life like them 😂

Seriously though, these could help.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha

eppingforestbambi

VIP Member
I’m also looking on advice what to do for day time sleeping until baby is old enough to nap in the bedroom unsupervised.
For my first baby, I had a Moses basket (with a Sleepyhead) in the bedroom next to our bed, and then we had a proper cot in the nursery.

Moses was for night time with us, and then for daytime naps I put him in the cot (within the Sleepyhead).

That worked really well for us…
---
So upset with myself, starting to feel body concious, I'm 26 weeks now.
I completely empathise. I am struggling more with my body this 2nd pregnancy - I’m worrying a lot about weight gain and stretch marks.

I have a history of anorexia and bulimia and I can get very obsessive. But I am trying to keep reminding myself of how desperately I wanted this baby (we had to do IVF after my husband’s testicular cancer) - and that there’s nothing to say I can’t bounce back to a level of fitness and healthiness post baby (like I did last time). Especially with breast feeding, which helped me shed a lot of the extra weight I gained before.

And ultimately… the love for these little children is so so so much more important than my dress size or body shape. I’m not a model, my salary doesn’t depend on my body, and it’s a miracle that I have a body that can grow another human (when a lot of women sadly don’t have that luxury).

it’s a hard process but it’s not forever.. and it will be SO worth it when you hold your little bundle in your arms.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Still waiting but after the last two days I'll be happy not to see a waiting room for a few days... 🤪 Baby is measuring smaller than average but nothing to worry about just something to keep an eye on. They seem to be proportionately small instead of something just being very small so that's positive. I'm absolutely shattered from waiting they're exhausting

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I had a private scan at an independent place in my town and the woman was brilliant. All was well of course but I broke down anyway because of my previous miscarriages anyway and she was amazing. She really reassured me and told me about different charities for women who are pregnant after loss, and told me women who are going through the same really suffer with their mental health and anxiety and they get overlooked. She was so supportive and everything she said really resonated with how I felt. And she remembered me when I went back for my gender reveal and asked me how I was getting on, and if my mental health is doing ok. Honestly she was amazing, I can’t speak about them all of course but she really knew what she was talking about regarding pregnancy loss and the place weren’t too OTT like i’ve heard window to the womb is

• Heart
It’s my “baby shower” today. My best friend and sister wanted to organise something so I agreed to a lunch with selective family and friends.
i am looking forward to it today.
just need the energy to get up and get ready 😂

• Heart
First sober hen completed, wasn't as terrible as i antipated but my god people talk some amount of shite and really makes you consider why drink at all 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Pelvic girdle pain is the worst pain I’ve ever experienced. I don’t remember labour being this painful. I sat on the toilet this morning and couldn’t get back up, luckily my fella is off today, I had to get my toddler to shout him to get him ready for school cos I couldn’t get back up 😳 My son got a mini pool table for Xmas and I had to use one of the que’s as a walking stick to get back up 😳 And i’ve been in bed since cos the pain is so bad

• Sad

Tazzie

Chatty Member
Had first mid wife appointment yesterday. 12+2. Had a scan and met the consultant. Found the whole thing extremely overwhelming and can’t quite believe it’s me at the appointments. Wonderful to see the baby they have grown so much since nine week scan. All good there. There was a lot of talk about the NIPT test so I have booked that, thr thoughts of it have me totally freaked out, all I can think is that there is going to be something wrong. Have the test next Wednesday and think it’s a week to ten days for the results. I got upset talking to the consultant about it, the guilt is crazy, I’m 45, maybe it is too old.. anyone felt like this??
Also consultant said that we will deffo have a section, I’m fine with that. At least we will have a date, and can plan as we both work for ourselves so it’ll take a bit of planning. Hopefully all is ok with the test and this worry will go away..

• Heart

Kaybethkay

VIP Member
TMI slightly but I’ve just attempted to shave for the first time in WEEKS (probably like 6+) and I had to use a mirror 😅 decided to check my down below out while I was at it and it was NOT a pretty sight. Between my swollen open ‘flower’ and my piles I don’t think I’ll be letting my partner near me for a while 😂😂

baby’s head is definitely pushing down there, probably come out with a big head like his dad 🙄😂

• Haha

Brewtime87

Chatty Member
I've caved and booked an early viability scan for next weekend when I'll be 7 weeks. I just want someone else to confirm this is real and that there's no reason why it shouldn't work out. I know there's no guarantees but my antenatal booking appointment isn't for another 3.5 weeks, and no idea yet when my first NHS scan will be, I could just really do with that little bit of reassurance sooner rather than later.

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Nervously joining at nearly 7 weeks after a loss in the summer. Have had early viability scan and all is well. Absolutely terrified though. With my youngest I had a PPH am also anemic and keep thinking what if I bleed to death during birth?? Making me a right bundle of nerves. Have included it in my midwife referral notes. Am doing my best to keep extra healthy. Excited but very nervous about the birth my other births PPH aside have been easy no rips or anything. Someone tell me this fear is just an attack by the devil. Reassure me I'm not going to bleed to death pls. Lol :(

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Delighted for all of ye in your first trimester those days seem so far away from me..
I'm now at the stage of raspberry leave tea and I bought dates today, beginning to get a bit nervous now

• Heart
Reactions: 8