Pregnancy #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With my first I was sure it was a boy and that was confirmed at the 20 weeks scan. I wasn't too bothered either way but my husband wanted to know and I think it made it more real for him.

This time I have no idea. This pregnancy has felt quite different and I have had a lot more sickness. My mum said she knew I was a girl because her pregnancy was so different and she was really ill so I am leaning towards girl.

I'll be finding out again this time. I just like to plan and prepare. We have all of my son's stuff so I want to know what we can reuse and what we need to buy. I think knowing what it is will help prepare my 3 year old too.

Reactions: 1
Ah I knew I was having a boy, it just felt like it in my bones. He’ll be our only one, and I’m actually really glad he’s a boy - more of a football mum than a ballet mum 😄
I was exactly the same! Felt it instinctively! Then at 12 week scan photo I did do the nub theory thing and it was clearly a boy’s pelvis too. 20 week and 28 3D scan also confirmed it.

Had one of those days where I actually realise I’m pregnant !

Started with a private scan - all good and measuring as expected. Then had my booking appointment- all booked in for my scan at 13 weeks but bad news is I will need the gestational diabetes test ! Then got round to telling my side of the family who were all surprised and happy. Really thought they would have guessed - paranoia !

Excited to have a long sleep tonight as kept waking up anxious last night !

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Is anybody else not finding out the gender?
I didn’t find out with my first… and I love the 50/50 excitment of not knowing.
I feel like I’m the only person who hasn’t found out…
I’m not I always thought I would but changed my mind as soon as we found out

I’d be soooo tempted to not find out with my second, thought 1st babe was a boy and she wasn’t 😂😂

Congrats darling!!
---
Is anybody else not finding out the gender?
I didn’t find out with my first… and I love the 50/50 excitment of not knowing.
I feel like I’m the only person who hasn’t found out…
Even if we hadn't wanted to find out, the kid wasn't exactly shy on the scan 🤣

Reactions: 2
We’re having a boy. I was too impatient to find out so we did the sneak peak test at 7 weeks which came back as a boy. Then all my symptoms suggested girl, and the nub theory groups all said my 12 week scan was a girl. So we had a private scan at 18 weeks and he is most definitely a very proud boy. Or a baby elephant. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Even if we hadn't wanted to find out, the kid wasn't exactly shy on the scan 🤣
My first was the same at my 20 weeks scan. Then I went for an extra growth scan at one point because my fundal height went out of line with the chart and it was very obvious then too, before the sonographer could even hide it.

I'll be having regular planned growth scan with this one because I'm medium risk so it would be very difficult to keep it a secret. My friend had to remember to tell the sonographer before each growth scan that she didn't know and didn't want to know and she said they still had some near misses.

My first was the same at my 20 weeks scan. Then I went for an extra growth scan at one point because my fundal height went out of line with the chart and it was very obvious then too, before the sonographer could even hide it.

I'll be having regular planned growth scan with this one because I'm medium risk so it would be very difficult to keep it a secret. My friend had to remember to tell the sonographer before each growth scan that she didn't know and didn't want to know and she said they still had some near misses.
I'm having extra scans because I have Crohn's. Just had our 28 week scan and the sonographer actually asked before the scan, which I don't remember them doing with my first. Will see if they do the same at 32 and 36 weeks

Sorry for the crudeness, but has anyone else dealt with severe constipation and stomach pain while pregnant? I’m coming up to 9 weeks but at my wits end and running out of things to try. It’s making my morning sickness worse I think as well :(

Sorry for the crudeness, but has anyone else dealt with severe constipation and stomach pain while pregnant? I’m coming up to 9 weeks but at my wits end and running out of things to try. It’s making my morning sickness worse I think as well :(
Yes I had this for my second trimester and it was awful ❤ stuff I did that helped was:

- use sachets of fybogel which is safe to take when pregnant. You can buy it in Boots. People also recommended lactulose tablets, I didn’t try these but they might work for you.
- drink 2.5 litres of water a day minimum if you can. If you’re being sick you’re losing more water but that’s making the constipation worse so just sip on it throughout the day rather than gulps to try and keep it down.
- Prune juice and tinned prunes! Honestly don’t taste that bad. I blended them into smoothies with grapes, a ripe banana and whatever other fruit I had lying around.
- snack on dried fruit and nuts
- pelvic floor exercises to help get things moving more as well as gentle long walks
- if it doesn’t improve your pharmacist will be able to get you some stronger over the counter laxatives which are safe. And if it’s still an issue then doctor can prescribe you safe stronger ones.

• Heart
Yes I had this for my second trimester and it was awful ❤ stuff I did that helped was:

- Prune juice and tinned prunes! Honestly don’t taste that bad. I blended them into smoothies with grapes, a ripe banana and whatever other fruit I had lying around.
Some people swear by the Prune weaning pouches too. Dried soft apricots can help as well and might be more palatable.both available in Aldi, Sainsbury’s etc

If you’re desperate OP you can use a glycerol suppository, completely safe in pregnancy and should be able to get in any pharmacy.

I’ve been prescribed lactulose to help with it as one of the tablets I take for HG causes severe constipation. Seems to keep things moving without any nasty side effects. I think you can buy it OTC in a pharmacy too?

I’ve been prescribed lactulose to help with it as one of the tablets I take for HG causes severe constipation. Seems to keep things moving without any nasty side effects. I think you can buy it OTC in a pharmacy too?
Love lactulose lol, it works and tastes alright too lol

• Haha
Anyone got any tips on how to naturally increase iron levels?

My 28 week bloods have came back and I’m borderline anaemic. They’ve prescribed iron tablets for it but I have to pick them up from the hospital and I don’t drive so won’t be able to get them until after Christmas now 🙈

Bit hesitant to take them as well as I don’t want the stomach issue side effects 😅

i’m 40 weeks today had a sweep yesterday 3pm the 2pm i lost some mucus plug not loads and and some a little later 5pm, no other symptoms …. was 1cm yesterday but was told the opening was far back… hope losing plug means something tho. was not bloody

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.