Pregnancy #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone asked to work from home due to fatigue / morning sickness ? I am hybrid so I do a couple of days in the office but I think the working days plus the sickness will be too much. The nhs website says I can ask to work from home when sickness is bad but not sure if they have to grant it ? I was hoping to not tell work for a few more weeks due to restructure but think I’m going to have to ask when I go back next week.
I asked to work from home with my first due to really bad sciatica, I just asked the doctor to write me a note saying it was their recommendation to do so

Reactions: 1
Has anyone asked to work from home due to fatigue / morning sickness ? I am hybrid so I do a couple of days in the office but I think the working days plus the sickness will be too much. The nhs website says I can ask to work from home when sickness is bad but not sure if they have to grant it ? I was hoping to not tell work for a few more weeks due to restructure but think I’m going to have to ask when I go back next week.
It’s in my risk assessment to work from home (when not signed off sick) due to hyperemesis following GP advice (that’s how it’s worded). Usually I’m 100% office based and we weren’t really set up for home working but we’ve made it work. I only go in when I feel like I really can, otherwise I do bits and pieces from home when I’m well enough. I have a fit note from the GP that gets extended every month to say I may be fit for work with amended/reduced hours and ability to work from home.

If your sickness is that bad have you seen your doctor about going on medication?

It’s in my risk assessment to work from home (when not signed off sick) due to hyperemesis following GP advice (that’s how it’s worded). Usually I’m 100% office based and we weren’t really set up for home working but we’ve made it work. I only go in when I feel like I really can, otherwise I do bits and pieces from home when I’m well enough. I have a fit note from the GP that gets extended every month to say I may be fit for work with amended/reduced hours and ability to work from home.

If your sickness is that bad have you seen your doctor about going on medication?
Thanks.

I’m only being sick 1-3 times a day but it’s normally 1-2 hours after I wake up which will be when I am travelling to work. I think it’s more about comfort of being at home rather than being “stuck” if that makes sense. I’m able to eat and drink after and then I’m just a bit nauseous so not sure if they’d do anything.

Thanks.

I’m only being sick 1-3 times a day but it’s normally 1-2 hours after I wake up which will be when I am travelling to work. I think it’s more about comfort of being at home rather than being “stuck” if that makes sense. I’m able to eat and drink after and then I’m just a bit nauseous so not sure if they’d do anything.
Speak to your GP. In my opinion… a man wouldn’t just get on with that so why should we?!

Reactions: 4
Thanks.

I’d speak to your GP, they may also offer you some anti sickness tablets like cyclazine as well as recommend you work from home. I was signed off sick in my first trimester as I’m a nurse so can’t work from home and still take anti sickness every day at 21 weeks and it does help. Unsure what your job is, but I’d say the risk of you being unwell during your commute would be enough to allow you to wfh! Fingers crossed it works out for you and you start to feel better soon ❤

Reactions: 3
New thread 😊

Honestly I would tell your work sooner rather than later. I told my manager almost as soon as I found out and she was super flexible with when I was working - she let me work 10-4 on my office days and wfh when needed (obviously this also depends on your manager). They can’t be accommodating of it if they don’t know. Also see if your GP can prescribe anything to help with the sickness.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.