Pregnancy #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby Fearne made her entry into the world today. She's a little 4lb 9oz and adorable. We're with the transitional team due to her weight but grateful for all the extra help to be honest.
Congrats darling!!
---
Is anybody else not finding out the gender?
I didn’t find out with my first… and I love the 50/50 excitment of not knowing.
I feel like I’m the only person who hasn’t found out…

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Congrats darling!!
---
We didn’t find out with baby fudge! Such a nice surprise

Reactions: 2
We found out - baby girl here - because I have to know. But my sister who had her baby in September didn’t find out. She also had a girl

• Heart
I’ve found out, Im having a girl, I found out with my first who’s a boy. I’m too nosey to not find out 😅 my sister didn’t find out with either of hers and she’s got 2 boys. Some people have just got better willpower 😆

Reactions: 3
Congrats darling!!
---
We didn’t find out with our first and it was the best ever! 😭 there aren’t many real surprises in life and I think it’s so special!

We planned to not find out this time either, but now we’re expecting twins we’ve been advised that it’s best to know genders so it’s easier to identify them with growth scans or something?! I’m really not sure, my preference would still be to leave it a surprise but I really don’t know if they’ll let me as it sounds like it’s not the done thing with multiples!

We didn’t find out with our first and it was the best ever! 😭 there aren’t many real surprises in life and I think it’s so special!

We planned to not find out this time either, but now we’re expecting twins we’ve been advised that it’s best to know genders so it’s easier to identify them with growth scans or something?! I’m really not sure, my preference would still be to leave it a surprise but I really don’t know if they’ll let me as it sounds like it’s not the done thing with multiples!
You can absolutely not find out the sexes with twins.
we weren’t going to find out the sex with our twins but when we found out they were none identical I changed my mind. Had they of been confirmed identical I’d of left it as a surprise 😂

eta, the genders make no difference on locating them on growth scans unless they are boy/girl. You’ll always have presenting twin as twin 1 and the twin furthest away from the birth canal as twin 2. This can change many times so odds are if they were both say boys they’d never know as they can switch positions right up until d-day

Please ignore me if I’m being stupid, but I’m 7 weeks pregnant , is there a way to tell if it’s pregnancy sickness or a stomach bug?😂

You can absolutely not find out the sexes with twins.
we weren’t going to find out the sex with our twins but when we found out they were none identical I changed my mind. Had they of been confirmed identical I’d of left it as a surprise 😂

eta, the genders make no difference on locating them on growth scans unless they are boy/girl. You’ll always have presenting twin as twin 1 and the twin furthest away from the birth canal as twin 2. This can change many times so odds are if they were both say boys they’d never know as they can switch positions right up until d-day
Thank you!! I thought it sounded stupid when the sonographer said it but I didn’t really ask any questions as it was my 12 week scan and we’d only just found out it was twins. I was too busy repeating “what the duck” under my breath according to my husband 😂

Ours are fraternal so it does make me a little more tempted to find out genders but got a while to think about it!

We didn't find out and we thought we were having a boy based off all of the old wives tales and superstitions. Our entire family also thought boy. We had a girl 😂 the most wonderful surprise ever. At first I sort of grieved the boy I thought I was having because I had his name and everything all planned but now I have my little girl I'm so in love and it's a bond so strong. It's incredible. I know I would have felt the same if I'd had a boy so I don't think gender really matters but this is likely to be our only child due to fertility issues, my age, finances and space so the fact I couldn't use my boy name upset me for a while - silly I know! 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We didn't find out and we thought we were having a boy based off all of the old wives tales and superstitions. Our entire family also thought boy. We had a girl 😂 the most wonderful surprise ever. At first I sort of grieved the boy I thought I was having because I had his name and everything all planned but now I have my little girl I'm so in love and it's a bond so strong. It's incredible. I know I would have felt the same if I'd had a boy so I don't think gender really matters but this is likely to be our only child due to fertility issues, my age, finances and space so the fact I couldn't use my boy name upset me for a while - silly I know! 🙈
Exactly the same as me but I was convinced we were having a girl and out came our boy 😆 but couldn’t imagine it any different now! Also sad I couldn’t use our girl name 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Ah I knew I was having a boy, it just felt like it in my bones. He’ll be our only one, and I’m actually really glad he’s a boy - more of a football mum than a ballet mum 😄

• Heart
I don't know what I'm having, I'm convinced it's a boy I don't know why and I don't really have a logic but it's just a gut feeling maybe it's because I've always had a boy name in my head and never a girls one. 8 weeks to my due date on Sunday and I'm getting sore and uncomfortable, definitely beginning to slow down.

Congrats darling!!
---
We aren’t going to find out, it’ll be a lovely surprise

I was 90% convinced I was having a boy. Sure enough, our 20 week scan definitely showed a boy.

Are we the same person? Exactly the same, everyone thought boy, all the old tales screamed boy, then shock, girl. I was so upset because I thought I would fail her, I’m not a girly girl. I love sports and star wars and never owned a barbie in my life. But here I am cuddling her to sleep, I can’t even believe I felt like that because she’s her own little person and my very own best friend who I’m obsessed with 🥹 my two dogs are boys anyway haha.

ETA one of her (many!!) Halloween costumes was baby yoda so some things transcend gender.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My husband predicted girl from the moment I tested positive, I had a wobble around 16 weeks and thought it was a boy. Much to my annoyance, smug husband was correct 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.