Pregnancy #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My brain: "Okay we need to eat healthy and make sure we're getting this vitamin, this vitamin and this amount of water"
My stomach: "Ketchup sandwiches. Ketchup sandwiches & cheese doritos, now. A Freddo for dessert."

All aboard the struggle bus šŸ„²
...washed down with multiple diet cokes šŸ« 

Reactions: 3
I have just had a sudden onset disgustingly desperate craving for rock. Like the sticks of it you get from the beach. Specifically the hard pink ones, spearmint flavour. I fear the woman I'll become if I don't get some. I live at least 3 hours away from a beach. Send good vibes

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I bought the breast pump along with a few hundred pounds of other things. If you create a wish list on Amazon, you get 15% off with a max Ā£300 on Ā£2000 spend. You also get a free gift. Worth doing.

I'm really tempted by the medela swing breast pump seems to be on for a really good price but then I don't want to waste my money. I'm finding the whole breast pump thing such a minefield!
Personally I would wait and see if you actually need a breast pump. I paid a fortune for one when I was pregnant last time and used it once. It was too much hassle. Obviously itā€™s down to individual choice but they are something you can pick up easily if and when you need one x

Reactions: 1
I bought loads!šŸ¤£ I'd been waiting for it and monitoring the prices for the last few months. I got a double breast pump, a haaka, baby monitor, the goprep, nipple balm, nipple shields and silver nipple shield cup things along with a few other little bits.

I've only bought as I know what I wanted to do differently from my first and what was helpful!

Reactions: 3
Spent most of the night crying in pain. I'm currently 24 weeks and ever since me and my boyfriend had sex Monday night I've been in agony. This doesn't usually happen. My back, pelvis, and lower abdomen hurt. Baby is still moving all fine but this pain is crippling me.

• Heart
I bought loads!šŸ¤£ I'd been waiting for it and monitoring the prices for the last few months. I got a double breast pump, a haaka, baby monitor, the goprep, nipple balm, nipple shields and silver nipple shield cup things along with a few other little bits.

I've only bought as I know what I wanted to do differently from my first and what was helpful!
Which baby monitor did you go for?

I fully recommend getting the Tommee tippee twist and click nappy bins- I bought them on prime day last year and whilst I think theyā€™re expensive normally, theyā€™ve been a lifesaver!

Spent most of the night crying in pain. I'm currently 24 weeks and ever since me and my boyfriend had sex Monday night I've been in agony. This doesn't usually happen. My back, pelvis, and lower abdomen hurt. Baby is still moving all fine but this pain is crippling me.
Have you spoken to midwife or labour triage?
---
I fully recommend getting the Tommee tippee twist and click nappy bins- I bought them on prime day last year and whilst I think theyā€™re expensive normally, theyā€™ve been a lifesaver!
Second this! We stopped using it once the sheer volume of nappies died down but for those first few months when youā€™re doing a nappy every 5 mins we put it in the lounge so could just quickly nappy change and go back to the sofa asap šŸ˜‚ couldnā€™t smell anything. Or for nappy changes in the night and canā€™t be bothered to go downstairs to throw it away.

So itā€™s 3:34 am for me and Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m in labourā€¦ super weird feeling, I was so sure she was going to be late but Iā€™m 38+3.
part of me is thinking is it just in my head but Iā€™ve been having pretty consistent strong period like cramps that woke me up at about 1:30am.
the day before I started to get a few twinges but thought not much of it but Iā€™m pretty sure something is happening!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So itā€™s 3:34 am for me and Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m in labourā€¦ super weird feeling, I was so sure she was going to be late but Iā€™m 38+3.
part of me is thinking is it just in my head but Iā€™ve been having pretty consistent strong period like cramps that woke me up at about 1:30am.
the day before I started to get a few twinges but thought not much of it but Iā€™m pretty sure something is happening!
Sounds like it to me. Have you started timing contractions. Pain enough to wake you is what my midwife described labour as, and she was right!

was told at my 38 week midwife appointment this week that baby is laying ā€œright occiput anteriorā€ when ideally he should be left. Didnā€™t even know this was a thing! There was me feeling good about him being head down but apparently more likely to rotate back to back if on the right.
Midwife said to get on the birth ball, Anyone got any tips on flipping him?
Iā€™ve been reading the spinning babies website but find it a lot of heavy reading..

Light colour prams - has anyone got one/had one from prev pregnancy? Iā€™m looking at an icandy and thereā€™s the light grey which theyā€™re discontinuing which is Ā£200 less than other colours. Just want to know how practical itā€™s going to be

Which baby monitor did you go for?
Sorry, only just seen your message! We went with the vtech 919, we didn't want one that connects to the WiFi. Seems like a good one.

We have the bt6000 for our first ands it's just OK, screen quality was terrible.

• Heart
I have always been so excited to have a bump, but one of my customers came into work today that didnā€™t know I was pregnant and said omg are you expecting and touched my belly! I feel a bit self conscious now I didnā€™t think I was showing that much šŸ˜†

I have always been so excited to have a bump, but one of my customers came into work today that didnā€™t know I was pregnant and said omg are you expecting and touched my belly! I feel a bit self conscious now I didnā€™t think I was showing that much šŸ˜†
Id have snapped, I would hate anyone touching me šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.