Pregnancy #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How are you all getting on with unwanted opinions and advice? 😅 it’s my first pregnancy so don’t get me wrong I’m grateful for some of it, but of all people annoying and upsetting me right now is my own dad, you’d swear it was him having a child. My parents are split up and thankfully my mam isn’t being overbearing at all but how can I kindly tell my dad to eff off 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 7
How are you all getting on with unwanted opinions and advice? 😅 it’s my first pregnancy so don’t get me wrong I’m grateful for some of it, but of all people annoying and upsetting me right now is my own dad, you’d swear it was him having a child. My parents are split up and thankfully my mam isn’t being overbearing at all but how can I kindly tell my dad to eff off 🙈
I should definitely breastfeed and not just pump because I’ll “regret it”…. Hmm don’t think I will.
Also, lots of family members trying to add in their name/ name of dead aunt I’ve never met into the middle name options.
My mother has also gone completely rogue and is just buying whatever she wants so I’ve got double of things I don’t need double of and will have to take mine back as she’s washed it or cut off tags ☹

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I should definitely breastfeed and not just pump because I’ll “regret it”…. Hmm don’t think I will.
Also, lots of family members trying to add in their name/ name of dead aunt I’ve never met into the middle name options.
My mother has also gone completely rogue and is just buying whatever she wants so I’ve got double of things I don’t need double of and will have to take mine back as she’s washed it or cut off tags ☹
It’s infuriating 😂

Tell them to piss off and blame pregnancy hormones if anyone gets upset 🙃 seriously though, just try and ignore it, easier said than done, but I’m a fan of the “smile and nod then ignore” strategy, so I smile, say something slightly pacifying like “ooh yes I’ll think about that” then do what I was planning to do anyway (unless what they said makes sense in which case I’ll do that instead lol). People will have opinions whatever you do - I breastfed mine until she was nearly 2, and had comments about that, had I pumped or ff no doubt I’d have had comments about that. You literally cannot win with some people so no point trying, just learn to ignore the unwanted opinions xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I used to take what people thought to heart but I don’t know what it is about being a mum that changed me but I really don’t give a tit anymore 😂 I’ll forever be grateful for my daughter for somehow turning me into this confident don’t give a tit mum. I hope you all get this confidence too! (Disclaimer: def took a few months for said confidence to kick in, before that it was just hormones and sleep deprivation that made me savage 😂).

As long as you are happy, fed and safe and baby is happy, fed and safe, literally nothing and no one else’s opiinions matter.

Reactions: 9
Is it worth it buying a breast pump before baby is born? I’d like to breastfeed and pump but am aware breastfeeding doesn’t always go to plan.

just thinking about getting the Medela Swing as it’s on Amazon for a very good price for Prime Day! Also, anyone else getting anything from Prime Day? I don’t usually like supporting Amazon too much but if it’s a good deal I can’t pass it up 😅

Reactions: 2
Is it worth it buying a breast pump before baby is born? I’d like to breastfeed and pump but am aware breastfeeding doesn’t always go to plan.

just thinking about getting the Medela Swing as it’s on Amazon for a very good price for Prime Day! Also, anyone else getting anything from Prime Day? I don’t usually like supporting Amazon too much but if it’s a good deal I can’t pass it up 😅
I also came to ask if anyone’s getting anything for prime day😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I also came to ask if anyone’s getting anything for prime day😆
snap!!

i bought the Tutti Bambini CoZee bedside crib. Looking at the Tommee Tippee UV steriliser and the Medela pump but not sure if it’s better to wait, especially as baby is due around Black Friday so I know I’ll be able to get last minute deals then

Just found out I'm pregnant with my second. Quite nervous already as I'm even more geriatric than I was the first time round lol. Didn't help that when I called the maternity service to book my initial midwife appointment the lady accused me of lying about which doctor's surgery I am registered at 🤦‍♀️ First baby was born mid pandemic so I'm hoping it'll be easier this time round.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
5ish weeks pregnant today. Feeling super guilty because last week I had food poisoning and this week I have a bad flu where I can’t stop coughing! I forgot how much I hate the first trimester

5ish weeks pregnant today. Feeling super guilty because last week I had food poisoning and this week I have a bad flu where I can’t stop coughing! I forgot how much I hate the first trimester
I'm about the same time along and have also developed a grim cough. Feel like death warmed up. Hope you feel better soon.

I have got a Medela pump from prime day sale today and a Graco swing chair. I’m a bit disappointed with the sales though as the prices don’t seem too dissimilar to normal as I’ve been trawling Amazon baby stuff for months lol

Reactions: 4
I'm really tempted by the medela swing breast pump seems to be on for a really good price but then I don't want to waste my money. I'm finding the whole breast pump thing such a minefield!

My brain: "Okay we need to eat healthy and make sure we're getting this vitamin, this vitamin and this amount of water"
My stomach: "Ketchup sandwiches. Ketchup sandwiches & cheese doritos, now. A Freddo for dessert."

All aboard the struggle bus 🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My brain: "Okay we need to eat healthy and make sure we're getting this vitamin, this vitamin and this amount of water"
My stomach: "Ketchup sandwiches. Ketchup sandwiches & cheese doritos, now. A Freddo for dessert."

This is soo me 😂

• Heart

Change doritos to salt and vinegar pringles and ketchup to ham and you've described my first and second trimesters 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.