Pregnancy #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone having a planned c-section? I'm really shocked at how close to my due date they plan on doing it, I've been given 2 potential dates. One date is exactly a week before my due date (which I know is normal), the other is 3 days before 😳

Reactions: 3
Has anyone managed to challenge their company’s maternity policy? What arguments did you use etc? Left a job that gave me 6 months full pay for one that only offers stat pay when I was convinced I’d only have one, which given the relatively short age gap may have been a mistake haha. I’m trying to put together a case but unsure of where to even start!
I’ve got an excellent package in exchange for promising to stay for 3 years or I pay it back. If you go on the pregnant then screwed website they have some examples of enhanced mat pay you could use for your argument?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone managed to challenge their company’s maternity policy? What arguments did you use etc? Left a job that gave me 6 months full pay for one that only offers stat pay when I was convinced I’d only have one, which given the relatively short age gap may have been a mistake haha. I’m trying to put together a case but unsure of where to even start!
I didn't even realise you could challenge their policy 😂
I thought it was just having to accept what you're given 😂

Reactions: 4
I’m a civil servant and was shocked by what I get and apparently it’s generous compared to what other places get. I’ll try not to be too ungrateful but I was still disappointed

6 months full pay?! That sounds like a dream to me. What’s normal in the UK?
Here in the Netherlands we can get 16 weeks in total. You can go on maternity leave with 34 or 36 weeks. So if you go with 36 weeks you’ll have 12 weeks left. If you happen to go into labor with 38 weeks, you still only get the 12 weeks when the baby is here.

the 16 weeks is on 70% of your normal income

Reactions: 1
6 months full pay?! That sounds like a dream to me. What’s normal in the UK?
Here in the Netherlands we can get 16 weeks in total. You can go on maternity leave with 34 or 36 weeks. So if you go with 36 weeks you’ll have 12 weeks left. If you happen to go into labor with 38 weeks, you still only get the 12 weeks when the baby is here.

the 16 weeks is on 70% of your normal income
You can take it from 29 weeks and some companies offer more on top but if you leave, you have to pay it back

Attachments

Anyone having a planned c-section? I'm really shocked at how close to my due date they plan on doing it, I've been given 2 potential dates. One date is exactly a week before my due date (which I know is normal), the other is 3 days before 😳
I am got my date through today and its at 39+5! My only concern is my early labour with my daughter started at 39+3 😅 so hoping this one is nice and comfy and doesn't get any ideas about escaping before then hahaha
I do remember the leaflet I got at booking saying they do them from 39 to 42 weeks 😅

I am but only 25 weeks so not talked about dates yet. I’m terrified of going into labour before the planned date.

I am but only 25 weeks so not talked about dates yet. I’m terrified of going into labour before the planned date.
I asked my midwife what would happen if I went into labour before the elective date and she said basically to just get in touch with triage because it becomes an emergency rather than elective
But also that if I went into labour and wanted to see how it goes I could 😅

• Haha
I have my consultant appointment on Monday where I’m assuming I’m going to have to fight for my want to have an elective. I’m hoping it’s not too much of an effort.

I asked my midwife what would happen if I went into labour before the elective date and she said basically to just get in touch with triage because it becomes an emergency rather than elective
But also that if I went into labour and wanted to see how it goes I could 😅
I mean, I’ve survived an emergency section once before so that would definitely be my preference 🤣🤣
---
I have my consultant appointment on Monday where I’m assuming I’m going to have to fight for my want to have an elective. I’m hoping it’s not too much of an effort.
I actually haven’t had this but my midwife was like ‘you should have a section’ so I’m not expecting too much resistance.

I mean, I’ve survived an emergency section once before so that would definitely be my preference 🤣🤣
---
yeah I'm the same 🤣 in the next breath she then told me you'd probably end up having to have an emergency anyway after last time...
Yeah pretty sure that's also why it was recommended ya dafty 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
I'm 25 weeks too. I've been told at the first sign of labour to ring maternity/triage to get my c-section done ASAP
---
They were pretty chilled about me requesting an elective c-section tbh, I just point blank said I absolutely do not want to attempt a natural birth again

I'm 25 weeks too. I've been told at the first sign of labour to ring maternity/triage to get my c-section done ASAP
---

They were pretty chilled about me requesting an elective c-section tbh, I just point blank said I absolutely do not want to attempt a natural birth again
From what i understand, once you’ve had one it’s easier to request one. First time is harder, so I hear.

What's the best Next to Me Crib to get? Been looking at the Chicco Magic 2 but not sure if that's the best option or if there are better ones? Completely new to this 🙈

I'm being induced tomorrow 😱

Trying to think positive thoughts but when I was checked the other day I'm not even close to going into labour naturally and I'm 41 weeks now, expecting a long and painful few days and wouldn't be at all surprised if I end up with a c section tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Trying to think positive thoughts but when I was checked the other day I'm not even close to going into labour naturally and I'm 41 weeks now, expecting a long and painful few days and wouldn't be at all surprised if I end up with a c section tbh
I've had 3 inductions.

My most recent induction, they couldn't even try a sweep the day of my induction because my cervix was so far back.
I was 40+3. I had the 24 hour pessary put in and within about 5 hours of it being in, I was having quite regular contractions and then within another 5 hours, they had to remove it because my waters started leaking and she was here around 28 hours after the pessary was inserted 😊

• Heart
I wanted an elective section with my son but was told because my IBD is focused in my bowel and large intestine, I'm at a greater risk of a twisted bowel during recovery 😬

• Wow
From what i understand, once you’ve had one it’s easier to request one. First time is harder, so I hear.
This will be my first section :) my first birth was forceps
---

Not all inductions take ages! I had the pessary inserted and was contracting within 2 hours. Baby was born 27 hours later ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.