Pregnancy #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm 40+1 today got more energy than I have done the last few days so I'm up and down my stairs, took the long route to and from the supermarket and want to go on another walk tonight 😂 I will get this baby out!!!

Reactions: 2
Any of the other first/second trimester ladies get excited and scared about the contraction posts on here? 🫣 I'm excited because it'll be me one day but also terrified because it'll be me one day 😅
I’m 38 weeks and it scares me 😅😂 it’s because I know I’m up next lol

Does anyone over-analyse baby’s movements? I’m 29 weeks and feel him move a lot - yesterday I was busy all day and he was really active.
Today I feel there’s less movement. I can still feel him regularly, but not as much as yesterday.
Is it because I’m sat, relaxing and focusing on it more? I’m sending myself crazy here 🙈

Reactions: 1
Any of the other first/second trimester ladies get excited and scared about the contraction posts on here? 🫣 I'm excited because it'll be me one day but also terrified because it'll be me one day 😅
Honestly it’ll be ok! The weird thing about being a mum is that you can cope with so much more than you ever think possible, and it starts in pregnancy then labour!

Reactions: 4
Does anyone over-analyse baby’s movements? I’m 29 weeks and feel him move a lot - yesterday I was busy all day and he was really active.
Today I feel there’s less movement. I can still feel him regularly, but not as much as yesterday.
Is it because I’m sat, relaxing and focusing on it more? I’m sending myself crazy here 🙈
My baby seems to be most active when I’m trying to get to sleep 🙃 they do sleep most of the time so I guess there’s nothing to worry about as long as you’re feeling him through the day. I’ve shone my iPhone torch on my belly to see if mine reacts once or twice 😅

My baby seems to be most active when I’m trying to get to sleep 🙃 they do sleep most of the time so I guess there’s nothing to worry about as long as you’re feeling him through the day. I’ve shone my iPhone torch on my belly to see if mine reacts once or twice 😅
They loooove the nighttime! Our toddler ended up in our bed last night and my OH this morning was complaining “do you know how difficult it is to sleep when you’re being kicked all night?!” Funnily enough pal, yes, yes I do

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just looking to see the majority re baby showers for a first pregnancy. Did someone else arrange on your behalf? If so, how far along were you?

I'm 26 weeks pregnant with my first. No one has mentioned me having a baby shower, not even to ask if I am having one. Is it expected that I will arrange it if I want one? I always thought it was for a friend/family member to arrange, and I mainly don't want to for fear that people will think I'm only having one for gifts.

I don't have a lot of friends, my best friend doesn't have kids so it maybe isn't on her radar. My mum, MIL & SIL are super excited about the pregnancy but even still, none of them have mentioned if I am having one. I'm scared to ask or mention it incase they don't care to have one. I'd like a small one, even if people just came to the house for lunch etc. I'm not usually one for parties etc especially hosting but I don't really feel like this would be about me. It'd be about the excitement of the new addition.

I am feeling a bit disheartened and if I'm honest, a bit hurt after seeing baby shower posts on Instagram and know that no one really seems interested in this for me. Maybe too emotional today but has anyone else felt like this? What did you do? I don't want to speak to my OH about it as he will just say to his mum/my mum and it will feel forced if they throw one because they are asked.
To be totally honest I think people come down either side of a fence - one side is you LOVE baby showers and will throw them for anyone you can, and the other is you can’t stand them and won’t throw them for anybody!

I really wanted a baby shower with my first but no one threw me one and I was gutted. I just wanted to eat cake with all my friends tbh. On my second my ex boss threw me a baby shower in her half done kitchen a week before my due date 🤣 and it was so much fun. So never say never. You could always ask - if you asked do you think they’d throw you one?

Reactions: 3
Baby is so active today! Felt lots of swirling as if they were doing flips and then two strong kicks that made me jump 😂

• Heart
Just looking for somewhere to moan. I'm so sick of feeling sick 🤢😩 7 or 8 weeks with my second right now and blehhhhh. I feel awful. My first trolled me with a breeze of a first trimester. I could have easily been one of those people who didn't know they were pregnant 😅

Now this second one has been giving me trouble for a good fortnight already 😅🙈

To be totally honest I think people come down either side of a fence - one side is you LOVE baby showers and will throw them for anyone you can, and the other is you can’t stand them and won’t throw them for anybody!

I really wanted a baby shower with my first but no one threw me one and I was gutted. I just wanted to eat cake with all my friends tbh. On my second my ex boss threw me a baby shower in her half done kitchen a week before my due date 🤣 and it was so much fun. So never say never. You could always ask - if you asked do you think they’d throw you one?
Probably would, I just wouldn't like to ask 😂

How far along are you? I'm 19 weeks and have barely felt flutters (can't seem to believe they're actually baby!)
22 weeks. I've had slight flutters before but only about once a week but today the swirling lasted almost an hour and the two kicks were really strong and was accompanied by more swirling. This is the most I've felt the baby move and for about 2 weeks before this I barely had anything. First time I felt flutters was at about 16 weeks but like I say I had nothing for a few weeks then it would be a few minutes of flutters again. Very irregular.

After an alright week of next to no symptoms , have had a nightmare day today I'm absolutely wrecked and feel like I'm going to burst into tears at any minute. I've no appetite and I will surely kill my partner if he asks me why I'm not eating 😅 it's a wild ride these hormones. Just needed a place to share my feelings today.

• Heart
From literally the time I found out I was pregnant until the time I went into labour I did an outstanding job in not thinking about giving birth 😂 during labour my friend text me and reminded me that it’s literally a day or two of your life and you get something wonderful out of it. And as my husband reminded me when I voiced my fears to him after my waters broke, “she has to come out somehow”.

Reactions: 5
Baby boy finally arrived at 8pm yesterday. Contractions were definitely the worst compared to my first two. Midwife was worried I’d struggle to get him out due to what she was estimating his size on as he got stuck (shoulder just like my first) luckily didn’t need forceps though like I did before, she basically stuck her hand up to help guide him round the ‘bend’ then the rest was down to me. Couple grazes but first baby where I didn’t need stitches and he was my biggest!
Also felt the ring of fire with this baby 🙈

Good luck ladies ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Baby boy finally arrived at 8pm yesterday. Contractions were definitely the worst compared to my first two. Midwife was worried I’d struggle to get him out due to what she was estimating his size on as he got stuck (shoulder just like my first) luckily didn’t need forceps though like I did before, she basically stuck her hand up to help guide him round the ‘bend’ then the rest was down to me. Couple grazes but first baby where I didn’t need stitches and he was my biggest!
Also felt the ring of fire with this baby 🙈

Good luck ladies ❤
Congratulations!
---
I’m 15 weeks this week 🍎. It goes so much faster once that initial 12 week scan happens. I can’t wait to start feeling baby, it still feels like I’m just getting fat at the moment.

• Heart
Just looking for somewhere to moan. I'm so sick of feeling sick 🤢😩 7 or 8 weeks with my second right now and blehhhhh. I feel awful. My first trolled me with a breeze of a first trimester. I could have easily been one of those people who didn't know they were pregnant 😅

Now this second one has been giving me trouble for a good fortnight already 😅🙈
You have all of my sympathy ❤ From the moment we found out to the last few days I've constantly felt sick. Now at 13 +4 and feel much better.

I dont have any suggestions to help it ease I did go to my GP which he gave me something which helped a little. Worth having a chat with them.

19 weeks today! Feels crazy that I'm at this point, counting down the days until 20 week scan and hoping all is good with the little bean (grapefruit?!)

• Heart
19 weeks today! Feels crazy that I'm at this point, counting down the days until 20 week scan and hoping all is good with the little bean (grapefruit?!)
Gonna have to retract my earlier message about not moving! I'm feeling it all now, can barely focus on work bc I'm waiting for the next one 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.