Pregnancy #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t mind the touching actually it was just the fact I look pregnant when I thought I didn’t yet 😆 but atleast I must look pregnant and not just put weight on🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I didn’t mind the touching actually it was just the fact I look pregnant when I thought I didn’t yet 😆 but atleast I must look pregnant and not just put weight on🙈
I was in the presence of someone doing it to a woman who wasn't pregnant and I wanted the ground to swallow me whole on behalf of the person. I think I'm just the personality to never ask and certainly never touch 😂 and if anyone thinks of doing it to me they'll know about it. I barely am letting my partner touch me 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I was in the presence of someone doing it to a woman who wasn't pregnant and I wanted the ground to swallow me whole on behalf of the person. I think I'm just the personality to never ask and certainly never touch 😂 and if anyone thinks of doing it to me they'll know about it. I barely am letting my partner touch me 😂😂
Haha yeah when she asked if I was expecting and had her hand on my belly I actually went no I’m just fat and her face dropped 🤣

• Haha
Sounds like it to me. Have you started timing contractions. Pain enough to wake you is what my midwife described labour as, and she was right!
Yes I’ve been using the positive birthing company app, it’s really fabulous!

• Heart
Light colour prams - has anyone got one/had one from prev pregnancy? I’m looking at an icandy and there’s the light grey which they’re discontinuing which is £200 less than other colours. Just want to know how practical it’s going to be
I had a dark coloured pram however now she’s a bit older (10 months) she has a light pink stroller. It marks very easily and you can see all the marks/dirt on it… I think it’s from getting it in/out the car

This happened to my friend, she went into the shop to grab something quickly and left me with the baby waiting in the car and then came back with a face like thunder, I asked her what was wrong. The woman serving had said oh congratulations, you’re pregnant, how far along are you whilst patting her stomach!!
My friend replied “he’s 6 months old and sitting in the car 😑” she was mortified 😂😅

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Lost my appetite completely now at 14 weeks, after wondering if I would ever stop eating at about 8-9 weeks! Not sure if it's food aversions as such, but I am literally just forcing down bland stuff like buttered toast or pasta with cheese, hoping this resolves itself as eating has become a real chore and I have no energy (n) - hope all you ladies are doing well, I love reading when the new babies arrive!! ❤

Has anyone managed to challenge their company’s maternity policy? What arguments did you use etc? Left a job that gave me 6 months full pay for one that only offers stat pay when I was convinced I’d only have one, which given the relatively short age gap may have been a mistake haha. I’m trying to put together a case but unsure of where to even start!

Can anyone recommend tandem prams? Most of the ones I’m seeing are baby and toddler and I need for twins 😂 I’m also being offered a car seat from a friend but hoping I’ll find the right pram with all adjustments 😩 I have no idea what I’m doing

Can anyone recommend tandem prams? Most of the ones I’m seeing are baby and toddler and I need for twins 😂 I’m also being offered a car seat from a friend but hoping I’ll find the right pram with all adjustments 😩 I have no idea what I’m doing
The bugaboo donkey works for baby and toddler but also twins, can use two carry cots, then 2 seats. Not sure if there’s better recommendations out there (I’m getting it for a baby and toddler) but I know lots of the photos show it set up for twins!

• Heart
I had a bugaboo donkey for my twins. And I know a few other twin mums who had the cybex gazelle and highly rated it, many others rate the mountain buggy duet.
I'd recommend joining a twin group on Facebook as there's alot out there and everyone will post their own reviews and you can see which one meets your requirements. For example the Bugaboo donkey is rubbish if you live rural, the MB Duet would be far better etc.

Also with your carseat I'd double check the expiry date on it. If Bugaboo is the road you want to go down I highly recommend Barbara's Bugaboos on Facebook/Instagram. We got our whole twin set up, pram bassinets, next size up chairs. Car seat adapters, brand new car seats and isofixes for £1500. If wed bought it new from John Lewis it would've cost us near 3k. The Bugaboos she sells are reconditioned but are in mint condition.

ETA - It's worth bearing in mind with tandem prams as the twins get older their weights will be significantly different which makes maneuvering a tandem pram difficult as its either front or back heavy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I’ve just bought a bugaboo donkey two for £600 off Facebook marketplace. It’s in very good condition. You need to make sure they have 2 bassinets or carrycots (I was also confused as many people buy them for baby/ toddler with just the one carrycot). As someone else has said there’s a few selling groups for prams / twins.

I’m still getting to grips with what car seats to buy with it but I’ve been told maxicosi ones are compatible. We can keep each other posted on here as it’s mad having to get 2 of nearly everything! 😊

• Heart
I’m shopping 2nd hand atm. Found a bed for €15 and a free pram with maxicosi. It has some scratches but I don’t mind that. Would be terrified with a new one that I would make a scratch so this feels better for us 😂 We’re trying to do the room on a budget.
some friends of mine bought everything new and that’s so expensive! We even found the exact paint that we wanted in the reduced section of the hardware store because somebody wasn’t happy with the colour.

are there more people who try to do this on a budget?

I’m shopping 2nd hand atm. Found a bed for €15 and a free pram with maxicosi. It has some scratches but I don’t mind that. Would be terrified with a new one that I would make a scratch so this feels better for us 😂 We’re trying to do the room on a budget.
some friends of mine bought everything new and that’s so expensive! We even found the exact paint that we wanted in the reduced section of the hardware store because somebody wasn’t happy with the colour.

I bought everything new with my first, then sold loads of it as didn’t have the storage space. This time round I’m doing it more on a budget so I can spend the money on other things as you can pick up stuff that’s been barely used for a fraction of the price! Given how long we used most of our stuff for it was a waste of money really but I had so much fun shopping for it all haha. The only things I probably won’t buy second hand are a car seat and mattress but everything else can be bought at such good value!

yes! so many people selling baby clothes for next to nothing on facebook marketplace and vinted. i'll be getting a new crib (but nothing fancy at all) and new car seat just for safety really, rest of it i'll be bargain hunting!

I got everything brand new with my first but this time round we've had lots of stuff handed down to us, clothing bundles purchased off Facebook. Only thing I've got new so far is bottles, travel system, mattresses (as recommended), and a few clothing items.

We've never spent loads. Our pram for my first was second hand. Which we used again for our second. 3rd time around we bought a new one but it was only £250 for the travel system!
Clothes we bought new but only bought sleepsuits and vests in the multipacks from supermarkets. Any outfits we had, they were bought by family members.
Our moses basket was second hand for my first too and we used it with my second and third as well!

I'm so stingey with money anyway 🤣

Pregnancy hunger continues to be a different beast 😣 had a good breakfast and now at 13:40 my stomach is rumbling again and I don't exactly work an active job 😂 it's so extreme!

We are! I bought my pram from my friend, my brother is giving us loads as he had my nephew last September, most of the clothes I’ve bought are from carboot sales or vinted and Facebook marketplace! I’ve seen a cot I like on Facebook marketplace I might just get a new mattress, and we already have a wardrobe and chest of drawers in the room that we’re going to paint to match everything! There’s absolutely no point buying everything new it’s silly money otherwise

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.