Pregnancy #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah I'm the same 🤣 in the next breath she then told me you'd probably end up having to have an emergency anyway after last time...
Yeah pretty sure that's also why it was recommended ya dafty 🤣
Out of curiosity, what happened with the previous time? I’m desperately trying to understand whether what happened to me the first time (baby chilling by my pelvis) would happen again. I’ve been told it’s likely but they can’t tell me why???

Reactions: 1
Anyone having a planned c-section? I'm really shocked at how close to my due date they plan on doing it, I've been given 2 potential dates. One date is exactly a week before my due date (which I know is normal), the other is 3 days before 😳
I’m having my third with this baby. My first was at 39+6, second at 40+4 and third will be at 39. They usually don’t like to book them before 39 weeks unless there’s a good reason. Better for the baby to stay in as long as possible.
---
What's the best Next to Me Crib to get? Been looking at the Chicco Magic 2 but not sure if that's the best option or if there are better ones? Completely new to this 🙈
The Tutti Bambini Cozee is fab. Exit milestone is sitting or hands and knees so they can be in it safely even if they’re rolling. A lot of the next to me options, the exit milestone is rolling and they need to be moved to a cot then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Out of curiosity, what happened with the previous time? I’m desperately trying to understand whether what happened to me the first time (baby chilling by my pelvis) would happen again. I’ve been told it’s likely but they can’t tell me why???
I'll put it behind a spoiler just incase

So my daughter was a deflexed OP or as my practice nurse lovingly refers to it (she is also a midwife) face to pubes 🤣. She ended up getting stuck in my pelvis after 40 mins of pushing. Originally the plan was for a trial of forceps but it quickly turned into emcs. She wasn't far enough down and the surgeon tried to manually move her head, but when he did he tore the side of my womb/cervix. The main reason the consultant recommended it was to do with the trauma caused so more from a safety aspect as i also ended up having a significant blood loss. I'm not sure how common emcs is when you're fully dilated but my midwife said that's why id probably end up having another even if I wanted to labour. Which I don't 🤣

Well I am at the hospital, they couldn't get the balloon in at all which felt like the longest 10 mins of my life while they were trying to pop it in! I just did lots of deep breaths.

Pessary went in a couple of hours ago, already starting to get back pain and some cramps so really hope it is starting to work it's magic and we get this baby out of here soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m having my third with this baby. My first was at 39+6, second at 40+4 and third will be at 39. They usually don’t like to book them before 39 weeks unless there’s a good reason. Better for the baby to stay in as long as possible.
---

The Tutti Bambini Cozee is fab. Exit milestone is sitting or hands and knees so they can be in it safely even if they’re rolling. A lot of the next to me options, the exit milestone is rolling and they need to be moved to a cot then.
Just to add, we've gone for the cozee this time after having the next to me with our first. Was great but this one seems easier to put up and take down which is great for us as we travelled to family alot and the next to me was a bit of a pain. We've gone for thr rocker one as well as I think that was missing from our next to me, even though it wobbles I enough to do the job😂

Reactions: 3
I’m a civil servant and was shocked by what I get and apparently it’s generous compared to what other places get. I’ll try not to be too ungrateful but I was still disappointed
Weird you say that because I was a civil servant at got 6 months full which is pretty good compared to about 98% of other companies in my industry! What are they offering you?
---
I didn't even realise you could challenge their policy 😂
I thought it was just having to accept what you're given 😂
Haha in theory it’s possible, in practice it may not be successful 😂 I’m the first person to be pregnant in years at the new(ish) job so I’d imagine they have just never really thought about it!

What's the best Next to Me Crib to get? Been looking at the Chicco Magic 2 but not sure if that's the best option or if there are better ones? Completely new to this 🙈
We have this one after it being recommended to me on here: https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie...-lite-bedside-crib-dark-grey-and-oak/p/191548
I absolutely love it, it looks so nice, baby sleeps in it (first wouldn’t sleep in the next to me), and it is so easy to pack down/put up and comes with a travel case.

Hit 6 weeks today and feeling so nauseous. Had nothing like this with my first 😬 Also have a chest infection so am coughing up a storm which makes me want to vom even more 🤢 Is there anything I can do that might help? My throat is burning!

• Heart
Hit 6 weeks today and feeling so nauseous. Had nothing like this with my first 😬 Also have a chest infection so am coughing up a storm which makes me want to vom even more 🤢 Is there anything I can do that might help? My throat is burning!
You can steam using menthol crystals. Mints might help both your nausea and sore throat. Hope both ailments ease for you very soon!

Yeah I went through loads of packets of mints when I was nauseous they help get the horrible taste out your mouth!

Mine turned into a sinus infection (14 weeks) and I was throwing up mucous 🤢 it was so gross. So lots of sympathy here. Literally can’t take anything good whilst pregnant. I just took paracetemol and sniffed olbas oil. Steamy showers helped but then I’d get too hot and throw up 🫠 honestly just try and rest as much as possible.

I’ve been sick almost every day from 6 weeks to 14. I found sucking on fruity hard boiled sweets helped get rid of the sicky taste. Really tiny nibbles of buttery toast, crackers etc. little sips of sparkling water with a dash of squash or lime etc. And my biggest bit of advice don’t pressure yourself to eat healthy. Baby will take what it needs regardless and it’s more important for you that you eat something, even if it’s McDonald’s chips every day, then nothing cause you can’t stomach fruit and veg.

Reactions: 4
Maybe the wrong chat but stokke chair - are they worth the hype? 🤔 Or am I being influenced
We have one for our 3 year old that we've had since he was about 1 and a bit....I would say totally worth it and wish we had it from birth or when we started weaning!

Easy to clean, looks good, height adjustable so he's at the table with us. He seems really comfortable in it too. We bought ours off Facebook marketplace for about £85. Definitely don't need to buy new! We are going to get another for baby 2 and from birth so we can use the newborn attachment to have them at the table with us too.

We had the ikea one to start with, which was great! But we kept tripping over the damp legs!!! And then we got the Polly Magic to have him at the table, but it's so so so bulky. But if you have the space, it does the same job.

Overall they are great, but not the be all and end all. Plus so expensive if you are getting it new!

• Heart
Any alternatives to the Tripp trapp? Just had a look at prices and there’s a lack of secondhand on fb and Vinted.

Maybe the wrong chat but stokke chair - are they worth the hype? 🤔 Or am I being influenced
Yep! Have had mine since first was born-was a lifesaver for us not living in an open plan space or having lots of room. The newborn attachment is definitely worth getting. The highchair itself comes highly recommended from a lot of kids PTs as it makes sure correct posture is maintained. Definitely spendy but for sure one of the few things I don’t regret getting

Thanks ladies, I was secretly hoping ye would say it's not worth the hype! I've loads of time to go so I'll keep an eye out on the second hand pages 👀

Thanks ladies, I was secretly hoping ye would say it's not worth the hype! I've loads of time to go so I'll keep an eye out on the second hand pages 👀
There are lots of chairs now that do the same thing. If I didn’t already have the Tripp trapp I’d be very tempted by the bugaboo seat (it also becomes a rocker). I think cybex and maxi cosi do ones similar and as someone already mentioned Hauck do a dupe if you like the look of the Tripp trapp. Plenty of time to do research!

Starting to get random messages from people I haven’t seen in years asking me is baby here yet 🤔 if he was and I haven’t announced it on social media yet then why would I be telling you! People are so nosy

Reactions: 6
Starting to get random messages from people I haven’t seen in years asking me is baby here yet 🤔 if he was and I haven’t announced it on social media yet then why would I be telling you! People are so nosy
I had a woman from work, who had never messaged me before (we spoke in work) start messaging me every couple of days asking if there were any signs.
I started opening the messages so she could see I'd read them and then never replied.
She's not spoke to me since, whenever I see her in passing. And that was 5 years ago 😂

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.