Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby lemonade made their arrival at 2:34pm this afternoon 09/02/2023, 3 weeks before due date!
No fluid whatsoever around them so was definitely the right thing to do but was born weighting 7lb 15oz so no issues with weight!
and they were a little baby boy which was a surprise 💙
Oh I’m so pleased to hear this! Was thinking of you all day. Congratulations 🥰 amazing he’s a great weight too. Hope you’re both doing well x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone else had problems getting medical exemption certificate? I asked my midwife for once twice she said she’s sent it off but never received it but now getting chased by NHS business authority to provide one or face a fine. My midwife said she had sent it off again but wasn’t sure if anyone else has had this issue before
Yep - I've asked repeatedly and she keeps saying she's done it but I'm not getting an email. I've had them emailed straight through in the past and there's nothing wrong with my email/it's not in junk. I think mine must be either just not doing it or doing it wrong 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Yep - I've asked repeatedly and she keeps saying she's done it but I'm not getting an email. I've had them emailed straight through in the past and there's nothing wrong with my email/it's not in junk. I think mine must be either just not doing it or doing it wrong 🤷‍♀️
Can you go via your GP instead? That’s the route I went and it was done very quickly.

I'd not thought of that - I'll try. I was on hold for 45 minutes calling them last week just trying to book my whooping cough jab though 😫
Oooh, my doctors is a nightmare on the phone too, I actually emailed them about it then picked up the form later in the week… could you do similar? They should have the forms pretty much to hand… I was honestly really surprised how straight forward it was. Good luck!

Yep this is the exact same as me, it was supposed to be done at my 8 week booking but never received it then either 🤷‍♀️

EDIT: thank you to whoever posted the link in here, I’ve called this number and they confirmed they have received an application on Monday from my midwife so have issued me one via email now. Not sure if she has applied before and has been an issue or just done it when I’ve chased again this week, here is the number they can confirm or not if there has been an exemption applied for
B7716E7A-3614-4D8B-BDAC-EDDB03B01BD9.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Next edition of pregnancy symptoms I'm wondering if anyone has advice on.
Increased mucus production. Like upper airway. Feel like all I'm doing is blowing my nose and coughing up phlegm. I've had a cold but this is extreme. It's like a post nasal drip making me sick too 🤢😫

Next edition of pregnancy symptoms I'm wondering if anyone has advice on.
Increased mucus production. Like upper airway. Feel like all I'm doing is blowing my nose and coughing up phlegm. I've had a cold but this is extreme. It's like a post nasal drip making me sick too 🤢😫
I wouldn’t say I have increased mucus production but I am definitely more congested especially on a morning and I am having to blow my nose constantly! It’s annoying isn’t it, with all of your mucus though it maybe worth mentioning to the midwife?

Baby lemonade made their arrival at 2:34pm this afternoon 09/02/2023, 3 weeks before due date!
No fluid whatsoever around them so was definitely the right thing to do but was born weighting 7lb 15oz so no issues with weight!
and they were a little baby boy which was a surprise 💙
Congratulations! So glad you had your scan when you did, hope you are both healthy and can go home soon! X
---

Has anyone had the Harmony Blood test? Considering having this done for this pregnancy, but expensive!

Last edited:
  • Heart
I'm quite a placid person but I've just snapped at my OH. We've got our second NCT class tomorrow and it's about baby care etc. So they've asked us to send in anything specific on the whatsapp group that we want to know. We do not have a bath. We only have a shower and very little room for a baby bath to go. So I've asked about how you shower a baby/what you do if you don't have a bath.

He on the other hand, has decided to google "Bathroom refit services" and "how much space does a bath take".

We've paid £240 quid for this course, the lady can answer my bloody question and he can get on with the DIY jobs he needs to do like sorting out our outside office so our inside office can move and become the babies room!

Annnnnd breathe....

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The pregnancy rage is real 😂
I’ve seen baby baths that are freestanding, they were talking about them on one of the baby care classes I’ve been to. Obviously wouldn’t be suitable for a super long time but definitely the first 4-6 few months surely and there must be other options as they get bigger!

I'm quite a placid person but I've just snapped at my OH. We've got our second NCT class tomorrow and it's about baby care etc. So they've asked us to send in anything specific on the whatsapp group that we want to know. We do not have a bath. We only have a shower and very little room for a baby bath to go. So I've asked about how you shower a baby/what you do if you don't have a bath.

He on the other hand, has decided to google "Bathroom refit services" and "how much space does a bath take".

We've paid £240 quid for this course, the lady can answer my bloody question and he can get on with the DIY jobs he needs to do like sorting out our outside office so our inside office can move and become the babies room!

Annnnnd breathe....
Take a breath. Our nursery was still a nursery come office until I returned to work at 6 months and she went into her own room. You’ll be grand ❤

The pregnancy rage is real 😂
I’ve seen baby baths that are freestanding, they were talking about them on one of the baby care classes I’ve been to. Obviously wouldn’t be suitable for a super long time but definitely the first 4-6 few months surely and there must be other options as they get bigger!
There must be, right?!

Trouble is our bathroom is a really awkward shape - tbh I can't imagine how you'd fit a bath, a sink and a toilet in there in the first place (it's a 60s house so I think it was originally an extension of the bedroom and the outside office that he's refusing to complete was the outhouse). Basically we've got a corner cubicle shower - slightly bigger than average, but definitely not a fancy two person one, a sink cabinet and a toilet. And space for one person to move between the three things.

At this rate the poor baby will be having a bath in the living room in front of the fire XD
---

Take a breath. Our nursery was still a nursery come office until I returned to work at 6 months and she went into her own room. You’ll be grand ❤
It's more than his reaction is "lets throw more money at this!" not "lets ask the lady we've paid to tell us this" :D

Annnnnd breathe....
Oh I’ve been like a ball of rage this week so you’re not alone there!
It doesn’t take much for my OH to annoy me atm 😂
My SIL lived in a flat for the first year with her first, they used a stand alone baby bath in the living room for the first 6months with towels underneath so they could still kick their legs splash etc.
Then once too big for it shower with baby once they got too big for the bath.

Reactions: 4
There must be, right?!

Trouble is our bathroom is a really awkward shape - tbh I can't imagine how you'd fit a bath, a sink and a toilet in there in the first place (it's a 60s house so I think it was originally an extension of the bedroom and the outside office that he's refusing to complete was the outhouse). Basically we've got a corner cubicle shower - slightly bigger than average, but definitely not a fancy two person one, a sink cabinet and a toilet. And space for one person to move between the three things.

At this rate the poor baby will be having a bath in the living room in front of the fire XD
---

It's more than his reaction is "lets throw more money at this!" not "lets ask the lady we've paid to tell us this" :D
We had a schnuggle bath or whatever they’re called and always bathed the baby in the kitchen anyway! Saves your back! X

Annnnnd breathe....
Stand alone baby bath, we used the shnuggle baby bath with a wipeable tablecloth underneath for splashes. Once she was a little bigger we had a lot of sink baths. Then bigger than that a plastic storage box sat on the shower tray 🫠 then we got a new bathroom fitted so it’s no longer a worry 😂

There must be, right?!

---

In my experience we bathed baby A in the shnuggle bath downstairs until she was one as I thought filling the main bath was a waste of water and it’s totally doable to do downstairs rather than in the bathroom.

Annnnnd breathe....
Free standing baby bath would be your best bet. We had a baby one and now a toddler one and put a towel under to protect carpet or put it in the shower/bathroom floor.
Rather you than me chasing a soaking wet crawling toddler out of a shower unless you’re in there with them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.