Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s cruel how employers can do this to people. Mine was the same, why are they so nasty? I hope you can all last a bit longer so you don’t lose out on your maternity packages.

It might be worth speaking to your GP or midwife for advice on who to speak to about essentially being bullied by work because you’re pregnant. My GP was very helpful and understanding.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
it’s unbelievable pregnancy discrimination still exists like we’re in the 60s or something.
Parficularly as all my colleagues and my boss are mums themselves. I know if I tried to make a claim against them i wouldn’t get far because everyone licks my bosses arse and will protect her:mad: sometimes it’s easier admitting defeat for a stress free life! I’m considering being signed off with stress until mat leave or just quitting altogether.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Just lurking back here… as I sit here with my 2 week old, a little reminder that even on the tough days it’s worth it in the end 🥰
Hope you’re all doing ok 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Feeling frustrated this evening. I had my 32 week growth scan today and they were really happy with how baby is growing, said everything is measuring as it should be and I’m on the 51st centile (last visit was 49th), measured fluid and all fine etc etc. this afternoon had a call with my diabetic midwife as I’ve got GD and she suggested starting insulin because my fasting numbers are still high. I’ve declined, I don’t want to go on insulin and I can’t see the issue if the baby is measuring as he should be and has made steady growth since my last visit? I just can’t see how this makes sense when they’re saying everything is looking good 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Feeling frustrated this evening. I had my 32 week growth scan today and they were really happy with how baby is growing, said everything is measuring as it should be and I’m on the 51st centile (last visit was 49th), measured fluid and all fine etc etc. this afternoon had a call with my diabetic midwife as I’ve got GD and she suggested starting insulin because my fasting numbers are still high. I’ve declined, I don’t want to go on insulin and I can’t see the issue if the baby is measuring as he should be and has made steady growth since my last visit? I just can’t see how this makes sense when they’re saying everything is looking good 😑
Can you weigh up the pros/cons of starting insulin? I’ve never had GD, however if a midwife told me I should be doing something to keep numbers down, I would do it? The numbers aren’t looking good, so it is making sense? Do GD babies have a sudden growth spurt in the last couple of weeks, so are trying to prevent this?
Again, I’ve never been in the situation before

Reactions: 3
In my experience, it isn't just babies size. Baby will also have high blood sugar levels. So not only will you be reducing your levels you will be reducing baby's levels which will make it easier when they're born.

High blood sugar increases the chance of pre term labour.
Can cause breathing difficulties.
Can cause baby to have sudden low blood sugar after birth.
Higher chance of diabetes later in life.
Ect

It isn't just about babys weight

Reactions: 4
I know no one wants to go on insulin, but I’m wondering if it’s perhaps worth reconsidering? Maybe your midwife didn’t explain it very well, but keeping your blood sugars stable isn’t just about keeping the growth of the baby normal. Unstable blood sugars affects how well your placenta works. This is why women with gestational diabetes are considered higher risk for having a stillbirth, because if your sugars aren’t stable it can cause your placenta to fail. Babies also get used to living in a high sugar environment, and when born struggle to maintain their own sugars and thus can end up needing an admission to NICU for IV glucose if they can’t maintain their own sugar levels by feeding alone. Also scans are like a photograph: it means the growth is fine today, but it means nothing about the next 5+ weeks. If you know these risks that’s fine and it’s your decision. It’s just these are big risks and it’s good to be informed

***not giving medical advice as I know that’s not allowed. Just stating risks from my own experience

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Anyone have any experience with baby being transverse at 31 weeks. Midwife said bum is to the right under ribs and head feels bottom left… so sounds more diagonal…. Feeling most of my bigger kick movements right up under my ribs not just on the right most the time!

Has the fatigue returned in the third trimester for anyone else? I went swimming and swear it wiped me out for two days. I get up, have breakfast then need a nap 😩

Anyone have any experience with baby being transverse at 31 weeks. Midwife said bum is to the right under ribs and head feels bottom left… so sounds more diagonal…. Feeling most of my bigger kick movements right up under my ribs not just on the right most the time!
Yes that was my baby’s position up until 36 weeks. I did the inversions from spinning babies but not sure if that’s why he moved or if he was making his way there anyway. You have time for your baby to move.

Reactions: 1
Transverse at 30 weeks, delivered at 32 weeks head down.
Loads of time to move, into multiple positions yet

TMI maybe? 27 weeks and just woken up and my nipples are like quadruple their normal size 😳 has this happened to anyone else?
Happened to me too! I had my baby 3 weeks ago and can't remember what they used to look like any more 😅

Has the fatigue returned in the third trimester for anyone else? I went swimming and swear it wiped me out for two days. I get up, have breakfast then need a nap 😩
It definitely did for me around 30 weeks, it didn't help that it was so much effort to get out of bed/off the sofa! Daily naps were essential

Reactions: 1
Me again, the boring pain in the arse :LOL:
Does anyone know if I’m still entitled to SMP if I claim SSP during the qualifying weeks? As it’s £99 a week and I think it’s £123 you’re expected to earn so I’m not sure where I stand.
On another note without always asking for help with all my issues, has anyone else’s pelvic floor let them down yet?:LOL: I thought mine was fine but I just sneezed and…

It's probably been covered a millions times but at what point should I worry about reduced moments.
I've woken up with a really bad cough and my asthma feels like its flared up and sat realised I haven't felt baby properly since I went to bed last night.
Normally she's kicking up a storm all morning until I start my day.
Trying not to panic coz I feel under the weather but it's my first baby and this uncertainty is so unnerving

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It's probably been covered a millions times but at what point should I worry about reduced moments.
I've woken up with a really bad cough and my asthma feels like its flared up and sat realised I haven't felt baby properly since I went to bed last night.
Normally she's kicking up a storm all morning until I start my day.
Trying not to panic coz I feel under the weather but it's my first baby and this uncertainty is so unnerving
If you feel worried, call. There's no measure of what normal is as it's different for everyone. You can't be too careful. 😊 Hope you feel better soon.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.