Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry just a vent, really.

Stressed following consultant appointment today. Due to BMI and low PAPP-A risk factor am consultant led. 28 week growth scan was good and showing as mid percentile on the report provided afterwards. Popped into the consultant appointment which followed and he told me baby is currently on 10% percentile and I need to move to two-weekly scans rather than four. Mentioned risks of this and need to track etc etc.

Obviously this sent me into a panic (I was born at 28 weeks so am very sensitive with respect to prem-birth) and have been very upset this morning.

Noticed now though that the sheet he printed me out with the growth chart on shows my EDD as a week earlier (so 29 weeks rather than 28 which I actually am per dating scan) which may explain why baby is measuring so low but still very worrying. Also concerning that that wasn’t picked up at the time (I like to think I’m pretty on the ball with my medical docs and read the reports etc) but if you weren’t, or English wasn’t your first language, what would happen if this wasn’t picked up and the growth estimations adjusted etc?

Have asked my midwife for a call to discuss as they’ll need to update the record to reflect the actual EDD.

Sorry, as I said just a bit of a rant/talk it out. Pregnancy is hard and this hasn’t been a cakewalk. 🙁

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Do people recommend nappy bins and if so what type please? I haven’t got one yet or even really thought about getting one but wondering if they are really ‘worth it’? 🙃
Also, when do you really need a baby monitor from or is it recommended from straight away? Thank you x
---

Yes mine is always kicking my right side too! So during the night I sleep on my left mostly and have been feeling him a lot more over the last few nights 😂
I got a nappy bin then once the cassettes ran out never replaced them because they were so expensive! Just chucked the nappies straight in the outside bin.

I had a baby monitor from birth, but that's because I had one that tracked their breathing (I was verrrrry anxious!). Once they could roll/move around I took the breathing sensor out and just used it as a sound/video monitor.

Reactions: 1
Baby is currently breech and it’s quite painful when he moves at times, I’ve been doing pregnancy yoga & spending as long sat on the birth ball as possible. Is it worth contacting my midwife? I don’t have any worries about him (can still feel kicks etc) but just my poor lower hip level is taking a right battering 😂 went on a walk yesterday & had to walk like a sloth it was so sore.
how many weeks are you? Mine was breech at 28 and by 32 weeks she had turned… so maybe it won’t be long now xx

Anyone know what to expect at 37 week consultant appt my last appt was 32 weeks and didn't really say much other than happy babys legs are growing but still just under the 5th centile I've only ever had big babies so all new to me x

Anyone know what to expect at 37 week consultant appt my last appt was 32 weeks and didn't really say much other than happy babys legs are growing but still just under the 5th centile I've only ever had big babies so all new to me x
In my experience, they’ll want to talk about timing / mode of delivery

how many weeks are you? Mine was breech at 28 and by 32 weeks she had turned… so maybe it won’t be long now xx
29 so hopefully won’t be long, ended up coming in as they wanted to be sure they weren’t contractions (only called to check).
Baby isn’t where I thought he was at all so think it must be a pinched nerve or pulled muscle. He’s on completely the opposite side 😂
That’s reassuring she turned by then! Maybe I’ll just try & get out for a few more walks a day to help x

In my experience, they’ll want to talk about timing / mode of delivery
This what I'm thinking as my last 3 labours were less than 45 mins from first contraction and worried I'm not going to make it to hospital this time as last time babys head came out at the checking desk x

• Wow
29 so hopefully won’t be long, ended up coming in as they wanted to be sure they weren’t contractions (only called to check).
Baby isn’t where I thought he was at all so think it must be a pinched nerve or pulled muscle. He’s on completely the opposite side 😂
That’s reassuring she turned by then! Maybe I’ll just try & get out for a few more walks a day to help x
Not sure if you can do these if you’re in pain with a pinched nerve but my baby was transverse until 36 weeks and I did the spinning babies inversions and managed to turn him.

can anyone confirm that if you’re too unwell to work they can only ask for evidence if you’ve had 2/3+ days off in a row? I had a uti that wasn’t treated in time and spread to my kidneys, I fainted at the weekend and my partner being scared took me to the epu. They monitored me for a few hours and sent me home with antibiotics. I wasn’t feeling well enough for work yesterday so I stayed in bed. I returned today because I don’t get sick pay. My boss who is desperate to bully me out of my job made me fill out a form which essentially said I need to prove it or ill have a disciplinary. I don’t have any proof and because it was the weekend I don’t think it’s even relevant to my job, just that I was unwell yesterday and couldn’t come in! I’m just worried she’ll use this as a way to push me out more. Sorry for changing the subject and adding something complicated to the thread but I’ll appreciate any help

• Sad
can anyone confirm that if you’re too unwell to work they can only ask for evidence if you’ve had 2/3+ days off in a row? I had a uti that wasn’t treated in time and spread to my kidneys, I fainted at the weekend and my partner being scared took me to the epu. They monitored me for a few hours and sent me home with antibiotics. I wasn’t feeling well enough for work yesterday so I stayed in bed. I returned today because I don’t get sick pay. My boss who is desperate to bully me out of my job made me fill out a form which essentially said I need to prove it or ill have a disciplinary. I don’t have any proof and because it was the weekend I don’t think it’s even relevant to my job, just that I was unwell yesterday and couldn’t come in! I’m just worried she’ll use this as a way to push me out more. Sorry for changing the subject and adding something complicated to the thread but I’ll appreciate any help
Sorry to hear this. Your boss sounds dreadful. Your GP will certify this day off for you. Just ring or email the practice and explain. The cert doesn’t have to state the reason you were off. You can just ask the GP to state ‘unfit for work.

Reactions: 4
I don’t know where you’re based/what profession you’re in, but for me, you can self certify for 7 days without a sick note from the doctor. Any absence related to pregnancy is also protected from absence monitoring/disciplinary. Might be worth checking your policies, but it sounds like your boss is being a dick.

Reactions: 3
My boss did this back in December, asked if the hospital ‘gave me a leaflet or something’ 😑

Did they do any tests on you at the hospital? Contact your GP and they can email that you were taken to hospital on X date for X reason.

He can’t give you disciplinary action for 1 day off, and you won’t get a sick note unless it’s 7 days in a row or more. He can’t touch you whilst pregnant if it’s related to your pregnancy, and considering your kidneys are a lot more susceptible to infections it speaks for itself.
I’d contact your midwife and explain his behaviour, they can forward on your hospital info to GP to write a ‘note’ for your boss but not a sick note for 1 day sickness

Reactions: 2
That doesn't sound right to me - are you in the UK? You can normally self-certify for a week, then you need a doctors note to say you are not well enough to work x

Reactions: 3
Thank you all, I appreciate the reassurance. I didn’t take my notes as it was a rushed trip so I haven’t got anything written down at all. I guess I could ask my midwife or doctor to write a note as it’ll likely be on my files now, but I don’t feel like I should have to for one day! It’s my first day off too considering I suffered awful nausea for the first 2 months I’ve done pretty well! My boss is the biggest C*** I’ve ever met I’m glad it’s not just me seeing it :LOL:
---

I think it’s because they don’t believe my reason for being off work so wanted to ‘catch me out’ I’ve been bullied by these people since the day I told them I’m pregnant! I’m now weighing up if the maternity pay package is worth all this stress. I work in a school and yes UK.

• Heart
Thank you all, I appreciate the reassurance. I didn’t take my notes as it was a rushed trip so I haven’t got anything written down at all. I guess I could ask my midwife or doctor to write a note as it’ll likely be on my files now, but I don’t feel like I should have to for one day! It’s my first day off too considering I suffered awful nausea for the first 2 months I’ve done pretty well! My boss is the biggest C*** I’ve ever met I’m glad it’s not just me seeing it :LOL:
---

I think it’s because they don’t believe my reason for being off work so wanted to ‘catch me out’ I’ve been bullied by these people since the day I told them I’m pregnant! I’m now weighing up if the maternity pay package is worth all this stress. I work in a school and yes UK.
My sister had a really bad sick leave record with her work and eventually she was told if she had any more absences she would need to provide a sick note - this was during her pregnancy - I think she basically pushed them to their limit as she had been such a skiver the whole time she was there - I mean outside of pregnancy too, I think they just had enough of her.

Otherwise it sounds like heavy handed management/being petty - who can you go to within the school to verify that what your manager is asking is within policy? Doesn’t sound right to me at all.

---

Awful that you’re being treated this way. How many weeks are you? Have you got long left before mat leave?
---

Also thanks everyone for the advice about the baby being positioned in an uncomfortable way! God knows what he’s up to in there but at least I’ll find out his position when we have a 4D scan on Saturday 😅

---

I’ve had so much bother with my work since becoming pregnant and I’m also working in a school in the UK. I don’t think I’ll be back tbh cos I’d the way they’ve been treating me. But you can self certify for a week you’re not in the wrong at all here, and seeing as it’s pregnancy related you can’t be absence managed on it either.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Do we all work together?🤣 I’m also a teacher and feel so let down with how work have treated me!

• Sad
  • Heart
Thanks for your kind words it’s been a really horrible time for me in that job. I’m 14 weeks tomorrow so still got 15 weeks, I plan to leave the day mat leave can begin, but at the moment I don’t even feel like I can make it that far.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.