Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello everyone! I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant 👋 I still feel like I'm still too early to join this thread! This will be baby number 2 for us!

I've got another scan tomorrow and scanxiety is getting the better of me again!

I've had spotting on an off since I had my positive test, but thankfully had an early scan at 6 weeks after a previous ectopic which confirmed it was in the right place and there was a heartbeat too!

I've had more spotting this week though and last time they couldn't work out any reason I would be bleeding.

Also anyone had any kind of jabby pains here and there at 8 week???
Congratulations! I’m 6 weeks with my 2nd! X

Reactions: 1
Hello everyone! I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant 👋 I still feel like I'm still too early to join this thread! This will be baby number 2 for us!

I've had spotting on an off since I had my positive test, but thankfully had an early scan at 6 weeks after a previous ectopic which confirmed it was in the right place and there was a heartbeat too!

I've had more spotting this week though and last time they couldn't work out any reason I would be bleeding.

Welcome! I remember seeing your posts on the TTC thread, it’s an amazing feeling to graduate to this one isn’t it!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Welcome! I remember seeing your posts on the TTC thread, it’s an amazing feeling to graduate to this one isn’t it!
Hi! Yes! It happened much sooner after I joined the ttc thread than I thought I would considering I lost a tube in the summer! So glad to be able to graduate, feeling incredibly lucky!

Hopefully tomorrow's scan will give me a bit more confidence again, I just get so nervous before them!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Crikey does anyone else’s baby favour one side? He loves to be snuggled up near my right hip & the pressure 😨
He also suddenly moves at times and I genuinely thought I was about to wet myself as it was as though he was booting my bladder 😂
The way I sprinted for the loos, of all places it happened today in ikea which is like a maze full of people!

Reactions: 4
Do people recommend nappy bins and if so what type please? I haven’t got one yet or even really thought about getting one but wondering if they are really ‘worth it’? 🙃
Also, when do you really need a baby monitor from or is it recommended from straight away? Thank you x
---

Crikey does anyone else’s baby favour one side? He loves to be snuggled up near my right hip & the pressure 😨
Yes mine is always kicking my right side too! So during the night I sleep on my left mostly and have been feeling him a lot more over the last few nights 😂

Do people recommend nappy bins and if so what type please? I haven’t got one yet or even really thought about getting one but wondering if they are really ‘worth it’? 🙃
Also, when do you really need a baby monitor from or is it recommended from straight away? Thank you x
---

Yes mine is always kicking my right side too! So during the night I sleep on my left mostly and have been feeling him a lot more over the last few nights 😂
In my experience you won't need a baby monitor right away as you'll be with them constantly.
Not until 4 months minimum although the advice is sleeping where you are at all times
---

Going to reshare my post from the previous page.

IMG_20230206_212429.jpg

• Heart
Thank you I was thinking around 4-6 months so that’s good to know I don’t need to worry about it for a while yet 😂

He also suddenly moves at times and I genuinely thought I was about to wet myself as it was as though he was booting my bladder 😂
The way I sprinted for the loos, of all places it happened today in ikea which is like a maze full of people!
Yes! Also right side. Feels like he’s niggling about in my ribs 😂 especially when I’m trying to sleep.

I personally didn't bother and just use the bathroom bin for nappies that are changed upstairs and the kitchen bin for nappies changed downstairs. A friend of mine chucks hers straight into the wheely bin.
Prepare to have to empty your bins far more often than you currently do though 😆 and invest in some good quality black bags if you use the kitchen bin like I do because nappies make it so heavy!

---

We bought a nappy bin used it for about 3 weeks smell was awful when you opened it to change it, it promptly got dumped in the loft and left there.
The inserts were so expensive as well it wasn’t worth it in comparison to nappy bags.
I now get a bag out each morning fill it when I change him through the day & put it in the outside bin at night

My son spent most of his time on my left hand side with his head under my ribs and then his bum when he moved head down, he was properly wedged in there and was the same at almost every scan 😂 I remember going to the loo before going for a walk when I was pregnant and then needing a wee before I'd even got out the front door because he was bouncing about on my bladder!
We have a nappy bin, my husband was quite keen on it. We got it before baby was born so I don't have anything to compare it to but we might be grateful for it in summer as this room can get really hot and the nappy situation could get really bad 😬

---

we’ve got a nappy bin. The plan is to chuck nappies straight in the outside bin to reduce smell, but thought we needed something for overnight.

I’m not planning to use a monitor until he’s in his own room, but have bought one already. They can be fairly pricey and I’d rather pay for one now while I’m still earning than when I’m on maternity pay.

In my experience
On the baby monitor talk, you don't need to spend too much.
I've never spent more than £50 and they've all been just as good as the expensive ones

Thanks, I'm going to sit and read through some of these threads when I have a chance and hopefully things I experience in future will put my mind at rest!!
I found these threads when I found out very early (around 4 weeks) and now I'm almost 23 weeks, everyone on here is so helpful & have found this thread so comforting and informative ☺ congratulations!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
In my experience, baby nappies don’t really smell and can just go into the normal bin… until they wean and then the smell can’t be contained by anything, so dirty nappies go straight outside into the wheelie bin. Wet nappies just go in the kitchen bin 🤷🏼‍♀️ also the refills for nappy bins are 💰💰

I don’t feel I ever get value from baby monitors because if they’re awake, you can generally hear them from everywhere in the house anyway. Plus my children don’t ever really like being that far away from me 😂

In my experience, baby nappies don’t really smell and can just go into the normal bin… until they wean and then the smell can’t be contained by anything, so dirty nappies go straight outside into the wheelie bin. Wet nappies just go in the kitchen bin 🤷🏼‍♀️ also the refills for nappy bins are 💰💰

I don’t feel I ever get value from baby monitors because if they’re awake, you can generally hear them from everywhere in the house anyway. Plus my children don’t ever really like being that far away from me 😂
In my experience of nappies, we do exactly the same.
Just wee we put in the normal bin, poop goes straight into the wheelie bin.
If it's night time when they're younger then it'll go into a nappy bag and I'll take it down in the morning.

I have a nappy bin that I used with my first. Very quickly just used it with nappy bags rather than the cassettes and will probably use again but would empty it every day/every other day

Baby is currently breech and it’s quite painful when he moves at times, I’ve been doing pregnancy yoga & spending as long sat on the birth ball as possible. Is it worth contacting my midwife? I don’t have any worries about him (can still feel kicks etc) but just my poor lower hip level is taking a right battering 😂 went on a walk yesterday & had to walk like a sloth it was so sore.

Baby is currently breech and it’s quite painful when he moves at times, I’ve been doing pregnancy yoga & spending as long sat on the birth ball as possible. Is it worth contacting my midwife? I don’t have any worries about him (can still feel kicks etc) but just my poor lower hip level is taking a right battering 😂 went on a walk yesterday & had to walk like a sloth it was so sore.
In my experience, there's nothing your midwife can do for you.

No advice but solidarity, it can be very uncomfortable. Could you go swimming? The weightlessness in the water was nice!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.