Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone! Found out I’m pregnant today and so happy and so anxious. It’s really early days like I can’t be more than a couple of weeks along. This was our first month TTC so we’re both a bit overwhelmed that it’s happened so quickly.

It’s a close family member’s wedding in the summer and I’m chief bridesmaid and we’re supposed to be bridesmaid shopping this Saturday so I have to tell her before then but feel so bad as I don’t want to steal their thunder, they only got engaged last month!

I’m the first person in my generation of my family to be having a baby and my friendship group is like 3 people and none of them have kids/are pregnant yet either so feeling a lil bit alone right now! My husband was awesome when I told him today - also anxious - but he’s checked what exercise is good and best foods and has said he’ll do all that with me which is lovely. But yeah just feeling a bit lonely right now and still hasn’t really sunk in.
Congratulations! I also just found out and very easy days for us too. I'm the same as you, it hasn't sunk in yet!

Reactions: 1
Congratulations! I also just found out and very easy days for us too. I'm the same as you, it hasn't sunk in yet!
Congratulations to you too!! Glad that there’s also someone else in the same boat. Please tell me you’ve also been googling insane things like “Can I eat mozzarella?” after reading stuff about what cheeses should and shouldn’t be eaten!

Absolutely full of cold, pressure in my head and ears, chesty and struggling to catch my breath at times. Worried about flu/Covid as there’s so much around at my work and people refuse to stay off when they’re ill. Will do a Covid test later, but if that’s negative, what’s my next step? Do I need to contact my midwife?
I had something similar in January and ended up still having it when I had my baby - do not recommend trying to give birth when you can't speak above a whisper! I told everyone I could think of 😂 including the consultant at my last appt in case they could magically give me a decongestant but sadly not. Keeping the humidity levels up in our bedroom helped me as did having a little heat pack for my sinuses/forehead. Hope you are over it soon it was v rotten

• Heart
I have my 12 week scan today. Do I have to take a urine sample to this or do you only take those to appointments with your midwife? Thank you

Congratulations to you too!! Glad that there’s also someone else in the same boat. Please tell me you’ve also been googling insane things like “Can I eat mozzarella?” after reading stuff about what cheeses should and shouldn’t be eaten!
I've not yet, but I have been feeling strangely itchy after lunch each day so I think I've been taking a reaction go my usual lunch of heinz tomato soup! Today I took an antihistamine and about an hour later remembered that I might not be allowed that now... but in my head I've made it okay, thinking I've found out super early as we had been TTC for a while and most people probably wouldn't find out so early so would be taking it unknowingly pregnant! 🙈

Are you still doing tests? I am, actually can't stop myself! Patiently waiting all day to tell my OH the news. So nervous!

• Heart
29 weeks and my partner told me yesterday (was quite upset which is so unlike him!!) he feels quite anxious (not all the time just occasionally), hopes he’s not going to be a rubbish dad & feels unprepared/less confident compared to me.
I tried to reassure him it’s normal to feel that way, it’s a lot of unknown / pressure etc.
Family do sometimes comment when he holds other babies (lift their head, move them this way etc) so I think I’m going to tell them to stop it before baby is born (he’s never unsafe holding them) as I’d get pissed off if people did the same.

Has anyone else’s partner thought the same? Any ideas on how I can reassure him?
We have some online classes booked and have a hypnobirthing pack to do once we’ve moved house this weekend so hoping those will help!
Any other ideas please shout them out 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 7
29 weeks and my partner told me yesterday (was quite upset which is so unlike him!!) he feels quite anxious (not all the time just occasionally), hopes he’s not going to be a rubbish dad & feels unprepared/less confident compared to me.
I tried to reassure him it’s normal to feel that way, it’s a lot of unknown / pressure etc.
Family do sometimes comment when he holds other babies (lift their head, move them this way etc) so I think I’m going to tell them to stop it before baby is born (he’s never unsafe holding them) as I’d get pissed off if people did the same.

Has anyone else’s partner thought the same? Any ideas on how I can reassure him?
We have some online classes booked and have a hypnobirthing pack to do once we’ve moved house this weekend so hoping those will help!
My husband was the same. Never had much involvement with babies, only really held them briefly, didn’t even know where to begin with changing a nappy etc, whereas my mum had my sister when I was 15 so I did help her out a lot where I could. I have to be honest we didn’t do any classes, I didn’t feel like I’d benefit from them and they just weren’t for me. Honestly? He did some practice with a baby annabell of my sisters 😂 like picking up from laid flat, passing baby whilst still supporting head etc, nappies. I don’t know how much he benefited from it, I’d have to ask him, but when it came down to doing it with an actual baby he seemed a lot more confident, albeit absolutely terrified he would break the baby cos she was tiny. It all came in time for him, we still have some times where he gets a bit worked up cos the baby is and he can’t work out how to ‘fix’ it but sometimes he knows now you just can’t fix it x

Reactions: 4
My husband was the same. Never had much involvement with babies, only really held them briefly, didn’t even know where to begin with changing a nappy etc, whereas my mum had my sister when I was 15 so I did help her out a lot where I could. I have to be honest we didn’t do any classes, I didn’t feel like I’d benefit from them and they just weren’t for me. Honestly? He did some practice with a baby annabell of my sisters 😂 like picking up from laid flat, passing baby whilst still supporting head etc, nappies. I don’t know how much he benefited from it, I’d have to ask him, but when it came down to doing it with an actual baby he seemed a lot more confident, albeit absolutely terrified he would break the baby cos she was tiny. It all came in time for him, we still have some times where he gets a bit worked up cos the baby is and he can’t work out how to ‘fix’ it but sometimes he knows now you just can’t fix it x
Thank you! I have a very tiny niece so maybe we can ask to look after her for half hour/an hour just so he can get a feel for it.
I guess I can keep reassuring him and maybe some time with a baby will help 😅 Yeah I think that will be similar to mine once baby is here and in terms of when they’re upset. Good to know it wasn’t long until he felt comfortable / confident with baby! X

My partner had never really been around babies until our eldest was born, he was always really nervous needing instructions, but once our eldest was born, he actually picked it up really quickly because it was "his"

It's a really hard comparison and hard to learn when the baby isn't yours, but something kicks in (in my opinion) when you're holding your own child to ensure what your doing is 100000% perfect for them.

Reactions: 6
My partner is exactly the same. Never had any babies around and to top it off he's a complete perfectionist and if something goes wrong he beats himself up about it for weeks even if it was just something silly like not putting the right bin out... (we're working on that one!). He's also quite socially awkward and introverted so wouldn't put himself out there to ask his friends who have kids "Can I hold them" or anything - has to be offered the baby, you know what I mean. He's said a few times that he's worried he'll be a bad birth partner, a bad Dad, a bad whatever... I know he'll be great :) He's also really bad with medical stuff and I am legitimately worried he'll be unconscious for the majority of my labour and delivery!

We're doing NCT but I am looking into an online hypnobirthing course for both of us to do so he can learn some of the breathing techniques. I'm also going to write a really comprehensive plan of what I do and do not want so it's really easy for him to advocate for me (even though I'm being really flexible in my approach of what I'd like and what I don't want to happen).

Reactions: 2
he beats himself up about it for weeks even if it was just something silly like not putting the right bin out...
Don’t you just wait for the street binfluencer to put theirs out and then copy?!?

But genuinely if this is how you feel about him, it’s probably worth taking a different birth partner and leaving him home. A birth partner is meant to be supporting you, whereas you sound more worried about making sure he’s ok

There was a link shared on here yesterday with some resources for new dads, I had a brief look think it was £12! My husbands client gave him a book commando dad which he’s started and said it’s quite good. I know reading is totally different to the real thing but I don’t think you can be too informed 😊

Anyone used magnesium spray on their achey restless legs? Any good?
It’s desperate times here…. Just send husband out to screwfix to pick up a builders bucket so I can soak my achey feet with some Epsom salts!! Front room spa it is!

Don’t you just wait for the street binfluencer to put theirs out and then copy?!?

But genuinely if this is how you feel about him, it’s probably worth taking a different birth partner and leaving him home. A birth partner is meant to be supporting you, whereas you sound more worried about making sure he’s ok
I’m the street binfluencer, it’s a great responsibility 🤣

The heartburn has hit me hard this week!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Has anyone suffered from pupps rash in pregnancy? Pretty sure I have it. :(

• Heart
Hello everyone! I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant 👋 I still feel like I'm still too early to join this thread! This will be baby number 2 for us!

I've got another scan tomorrow and scanxiety is getting the better of me again!

I've had spotting on an off since I had my positive test, but thankfully had an early scan at 6 weeks after a previous ectopic which confirmed it was in the right place and there was a heartbeat too!

I've had more spotting this week though and last time they couldn't work out any reason I would be bleeding.

Also anyone had any kind of jabby pains here and there at 8 week???

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.