Pregnancy #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Best advice... don't google anything. Don't listen to anything anyone says on Facebook/Instagram/TikTok either. 95% of it is duff advice, scaremongering or motivated by money.

If you can afford it, I'd consider booking a reassurance scan once you're definitely past 6 weeks, it definitely helped my anxiety :)
Thank you, I wish I took this advice even when we were TTC! Due to my age I have been stressing about never even having a faint line. Now I know I can get it I feel a wee bit more at ease!

The early scan sounds a great idea, I'm definitely going to look into it. I am going to need all the help I can get! My friends either have 10+ year olds or none, and no young children in our families either so I feel a bit lost! Once I let my OH know I know that I will feel instantly better, just need to wait till we're actually together for more than 1 hr!!
---

Congratulations!
I started on this thread at exactly bang on 4 weeks when I tested and now at 29, so I hope yours is smooth going & definitely agree with above posters about an early scan.
We had ours at 6 weeks and just knowing everything looked ok (as it can that early) was reassuring.
My GP doesn’t refer to the hospital for pregnancy, it’s self referral only so over the next few weeks you could do that/find out what your local GP and hospital protocol is? Sorry if you know that already but I didn’t 😅
Hope everything goes well the next few weeks! This thread has been super helpful on this journey.
Thank you, I have ZERO clue about any of this. I feel like I'm 14 not 37 going on 38! I don't even know if I've fully processed this as we have been trying so long. Granted not as long as some TTC, but long for us!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you, I wish I took this advice even when we were TTC! Due to my age I have been stressing about never even having a faint line. Now I know I can get it I feel a wee bit more at ease!

The early scan sounds a great idea, I'm definitely going to look into it. I am going to need all the help I can get! My friends either have 10+ year olds or none, and no young children in our families either so I feel a bit lost! Once I let my OH know I know that I will feel instantly better, just need to wait till we're actually together for more than 1 hr!!
---

Thank you, I have ZERO clue about any of this. I feel like I'm 14 not 37 going on 38! I don't even know if I've fully processed this as we have been trying so long. Granted not as long as some TTC, but long for us!
In my experience, I agree with not googling. You'll always look for the answers you don't want.

Bleeding can be very normal and is very common and is even listed as a symptom on the NHS website for week 5 and 6.
I've had bleeding in all 4 of my pregnancies somewhere between weeks 4 and 8.
Had a scan with 2 of them and it was confirmed it was blood leftover from implantation as well as the fetus burying in deeper.
If it gets heavy/filling a pad/accompanied by quite bad pain, that's more the concern.

Cramping is very normal. Period cramps, sometimes worse.
All very normal and something 99% of people on here have had 😊

Reactions: 6
I am really suffering with sciatica - after my trip to maternity assessment I feel a bit silly thinking I was ill. My back totally went last night and it was agony - I mean, I’d rather do child birth!

Feeling a bit better from moving around but my job is desk based and I think a few days off might help as the pain is terrible. My boss has suggested I work from home in bed. I work for theNHS and even this week people have called in sick with a cough and not worked! I don’t even know what to respond to her. Working in bed won’t help me at all.

In my experience, I agree with not googling. You'll always look for the answers you don't want.

Bleeding can be very normal and is very common and is even listed as a symptom on the NHS website for week 5 and 6.
I've had bleeding in all 4 of my pregnancies somewhere between weeks 4 and 8.
Had a scan with 2 of them and it was confirmed it was blood leftover from implantation as well as the fetus burying in deeper.
If it gets heavy/filling a pad/accompanied by quite bad pain, that's more the concern.

Cramping is very normal. Period cramps, sometimes worse.
All very normal and something 99% of people on here have had 😊
Thanks, I'm going to sit and read through some of these threads when I have a chance and hopefully things I experience in future will put my mind at rest!!

Does anyone know exactly why they change your due date at the dating scan? I know baby’s can measure different but surely sticking with your dates is more accurate for that reason? I’m 10000% on my dates even implantation and ovulation but they brought my due date forward by 5 days. My girls were big babies so I’m assuming this one is too. I had scans at 6 weeks and 9 weeks which were accurate on my dates, but now at 13 weeks they’re putting me at nearly 14. I know it’s not a big deal but it’s annoyed me haha.

Does anyone know exactly why they change your due date at the dating scan? I know baby’s can measure different but surely sticking with your dates is more accurate for that reason? I’m 10000% on my dates even implantation and ovulation but they brought my due date forward by 5 days. My girls were big babies so I’m assuming this one is too. I had scans at 6 weeks and 9 weeks which were accurate on my dates, but now at 13 weeks they’re putting me at nearly 14. I know it’s not a big deal but it’s annoyed me haha.
Pretty sure at your 12 weeks dating scan is where they will give you the due date and it won’t be changed

Reactions: 4
In my experience, measurements are more accurate than going my LMP.
Even if you know the exact date you had sex, that still leaves a 5 day or so window for conception.
So it's just easier for them to go by measurements.
They won't change it again, it'll be kept at the date they give you at your 12 week scan.

Reactions: 2
Thanks, I'm going to sit and read through some of these threads when I have a chance and hopefully things I experience in future will put my mind at rest!!
First time mum myself - these threads have been a godsend, especially when I feel alone! Although I’m sure people are sick of my moaning lol but everyone is helpful !

• Heart
Induction day tomorrow at 37+5 all being well.... Feels very surreal at the moment.. that day in June when I got those positive tests at 3+5 feels like a lifetime ago.. so excited to meet her ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I just had my dating scan last week and my Edd was brought ahead by 4 days from lmp due date but I was convinced I was a week behind before scan cos i have a longer cycle. The ultrasound person told me it can be out 5 days here and there thats why its estimated due date 🤣

Thanks everyone! It’s so confusing as I know when I ovulated from tests I had done and also temping, and I had a strong positive 7 days later, we only ‘tried’ once too which was ovulation day sorry tmi :LOL: Their date means I ovulated and got pregnant during my period :LOL: I guess it’s no big deal as baby’s come when they come but I’m convinced it’s just another big baby

Thanks everyone! It’s so confusing as I know when I ovulated from tests I had done and also temping, and I had a strong positive 7 days later, we only ‘tried’ once too which was ovulation day sorry tmi :LOL: Their date means I ovulated and got pregnant during my period :LOL: I guess it’s no big deal as baby’s come when they come but I’m convinced it’s just another big baby
My midwife told me the changing your edd only really matters when it comes to being overdue cos 5 days can make a whole load of difference then :)

I guess their date probably isn’t right given what you said about your period, but the implantation time can actually vary a bit after the ovulation!

Yeah I’m just worried I’ll go overdue and they induce me sooner than usual because of the extra 5 days making me seem later. I was late with both my girls and had complications so the 5 days could be an issue if it’s wrong. I’ll speak to my midwife as she was confident on the dates too and with my 2 earlier scans confirming it. Do they ever readjust dates based on the size at the 20 week scan? It’s been so long since my last pregnancy I can’t remember :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I’m just worried I’ll go overdue and they induce me sooner than usual because of the extra 5 days making me seem later. I was late with both my girls and had complications so the 5 days could be an issue if it’s wrong. I’ll speak to my midwife as she was confident on the dates too and with my 2 earlier scans confirming it. Do they ever readjust dates based on the size at the 20 week scan? It’s been so long since my last pregnancy I can’t remember :ROFLMAO:
Sperm can last inside the human body for 5 days, no one can be 100% sure on conception unless you've had medical help.
OPKs and BBT only give you an indication of when ovulation is about to occur, so there's still quite a room for error.
I'd trust the scan tbh, at 12-14 weeks the measurements are usually fairly accurate.

Reactions: 5
In my experience, no. It goes by your dating scan.

Will you be having growth scans?

I'd not worry about it until you're at that point tbh.

I am really suffering with sciatica - after my trip to maternity assessment I feel a bit silly thinking I was ill. My back totally went last night and it was agony - I mean, I’d rather do child birth!

Feeling a bit better from moving around but my job is desk based and I think a few days off might help as the pain is terrible. My boss has suggested I work from home in bed. I work for theNHS and even this week people have called in sick with a cough and not worked! I don’t even know what to respond to her. Working in bed won’t help me at all.
I had this in a previous pregnancy, my doctor refered me to physio because of it, so maybe worth mentioning?
Have you tried swimming, I always found that helped ease it a bit for me. I'm actually 16 weeks pregnant now and trying to go twice a week in the hopes I don't end up with it again as its just a horrible pain!

Absolutely full of cold, pressure in my head and ears, chesty and struggling to catch my breath at times. Worried about flu/Covid as there’s so much around at my work and people refuse to stay off when they’re ill. Will do a Covid test later, but if that’s negative, what’s my next step? Do I need to contact my midwife?
Hey, just want to say if it continues and you can’t shake it (and your mucus is yellow/green/brown) book a doctor’s appointment or if your GP has a nurse practitioner ask to see them.. I thought mine was just a cold but I’ve had to go to A&E this morning barely able to walk/breathe/move because of my bruised ribs due coughing and turns out I have a chest infection. I spoke to a nurse on Friday who is convinced it’s a new strain of Covid the lat flows aren’t picking up - it could be so, OR it could just be a really nasty cold virus, either way during pregnancy obviously they won’t give you much OTC but today I was prescribed amoxicillin and cocodamol (for pain relief with my ribs)

really hope you feel better and you’re able to shake it x

Pregnancy brain in full force today… knocked one of my car wing mirrors against another car and cracked the glass in it (the other car was fine), forgot to peel carrots before I chopped them and left the oven on after I finished cooking. I’m only 11 weeks… just another 29 weeks of this 🤯🥴

• Heart
Hi everyone! Found out I’m pregnant today and so happy and so anxious. It’s really early days like I can’t be more than a couple of weeks along. This was our first month TTC so we’re both a bit overwhelmed that it’s happened so quickly.

It’s a close family member’s wedding in the summer and I’m chief bridesmaid and we’re supposed to be bridesmaid shopping this Saturday so I have to tell her before then but feel so bad as I don’t want to steal their thunder, they only got engaged last month!

I’m the first person in my generation of my family to be having a baby and my friendship group is like 3 people and none of them have kids/are pregnant yet either so feeling a lil bit alone right now! My husband was awesome when I told him today - also anxious - but he’s checked what exercise is good and best foods and has said he’ll do all that with me which is lovely. But yeah just feeling a bit lonely right now and still hasn’t really sunk in.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.